NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

The Call of Duty trailers are always awesome. I'm really looking forward to picking up my copy on Friday. :peace:

Just now, Jimbob said:

I'm struggling to keep up with these announcements.

Same.

Is it just me, or does it feel like a Nintendo Direct to anyone else? We’re jumping from trailer to trailer and getting through this stuff very quickly; seems like they’ve learned their lesson from E3.

Nothing beats a trailer for BFII :p

Nice to see the tie-in with the animated TV shows too

Edited by Julius Caesar

1 minute ago, Julius Caesar said:

Same.

Is it just me, or does it feel like a Nintendo Direct to anyone else? We’re jumping from trailer to trailer and getting through this stuff very quickly; seems like they’ve learned their lesson from E3.

It feels like that, but then the timing is good.  Microsoft's 4k offering is coming on Friday.  Sony go out and deliver game after game.

Jesus Christ, the Detroid Become Human gave me goosebumps...That was insanely good...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

You open with an excellent looking game like Ghost Of Tsushima? 

Makes you wonder what else we’ve got coming!

From the looks of things, same thing they had at E3! Destiny, Monster Hunter, COD, Battlefront, Spiderman, Detroit, God of War....

Edit: And Horizon DLC

Edit 2: And Shadow of the Colossus!

Detroit looks amazing though tbf

Edited by Ronnie

38 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah nothing shown for VR to make me want to buy one but at least the ball is still rolling

After finally getting REVII I actually think I might really enjoy that in VR....or poop myself at it. 

And come-on people no gifs for those of us on mobile and can’t spend data on streams or YouTube? Am disappoint. I guess I could check the actual threads....

Edited by Nolan

SotC...so good. So beautiful. Yet another game I'll get at day number motherfucking one :D

Just now, Nolan said:

And come-on people no gifs for those of us on mobile and can’t spend data on streams or YouTube? Am disappoint. 

There's no time...

Edited by drahkon
  • Sad 1

Short but sweet conference.

With the pre-show it was a very good showing.

Nintendo and Sony will most likely dominate the next few years. Gonna be interesting to see what Microsoft will do...

Hopefully improve their OS to something useable without constant updates and huge downloads. Do you know how annoying it is to turn on for a quick bit of playing and have to update the fucking controller....again?? To be fair though, they are nailing the Backwards Compatibility angle this generation though. Honestly, OGbox discs working is pretty great (plus rereleasing the duke)

Taken as a whole it was pretty good I think, though the pre-show had bigger reveals with Guacamelee 2 and Spenlunky 2 tbh.

It's also a bit dishonest to go on about how "E3 was only half the show" and then have the vast majority of this one show the same games as E3! Destiny, Monster Hunter, COD, Battlefront, Spiderman, Detroit, God of War, Horizon DLC, Shadow etc...

That said, Concrete Genie looked phenomenal, and was my personal highlight. It looked fresh and beautiful! Wonder what the game will play like.

Couldn't judge Sucker Punch's new game from just cinematics.

Edited by Ronnie

Hmmm. You have to wonder what state Days Gone is in when Sony are choosing to push The Last of Us 2 over that. 

Really enjoyed the conference. Lots to look forward to.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Hmmm. You have to wonder what state Days Gone is in when Sony are choosing to push The Last of Us 2 over that. 

Really enjoyed the conference. Lots to look forward to.

That confused the heck out of me.

I heard the strings, and it sounded like TLOU. Cool. 

But then it not only looked like Days Gone, people were being hung and possibly left for their version of zombies, as we saw in the Days Gone stuff at E3 this year.

Very odd. Perhaps we’ll get an update following the showcase?

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No Dreams.....again.

It’s got to be dead if it’s not at PSX in December, right?

That would be a tremendous shame if so. I can see it being difficult to market, but to cancel it so far into development? Grrr.

It's been in development for so long. Sony revealed it at E3 2015 but the concept was shown off at the PS4 launch so 4+ years of dev time. Surely they wouldn't throw all that work away.

Maybe at PSX....

Sony financials are now out and the PS4 is sitting on 67.5 million shipped. They've upped the estimation of what they expect to ship/sell by March to 79 million. If they achieve this then they will have reached PS3 lifetime sales in half the time. Crazy.

When they were on about the infrastructure of PSN, i was 1/2 expecting an announcement on integration of PS Now to PS+ subscribers to compensate the price rise.

One can still hope can they?

• Like 2