NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

43 minutes ago, Map said:

Just had an email from Sony, PS Plus is going up.

Time to stack up your membership.

Remember it's 4theplayers

They are even trying to spin it with improved services etc etc just a straight cash grab.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

DIfferent question:

I own Nioh digitally. If I give my best mate access to my account on his PS4, will he be able to download it via my account and then play it with his?

Yeah you should be able to do this. He should add your account to his PS4, and then activate your account as the primary account on the console. He should then be able to access your digital games on his account as well.

Here is a video to explain it:

5 minutes ago, liger05 said:

Remember it's 4theplayers

They are even trying to spin it with improved services etc etc just a straight cash grab.

Indeed.

If they'd improved the download speeds at certain times and offered one more free title each month I'd be happy to pay more. But as it is it's just greed.

I mean, the service is good and because I spend most of my time playing online multiplayer games I'll pay, but I'll never pay full price.

2 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

Yeah you should be able to do this. He should add your account to his PS4, and then activate your account as the primary account on the console. He should then be able to access your digital games on his account as well.

But that would mean my account on my console wouldn't be the primary account anymore? Would that be a problem for me? :D 

Edited by drahkon

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

But that would mean my account on my console wouldn't be the primary account anymore? Would that be a problem for me? :D 

Nah that shouldn't affect you at all. You can keep playing your games on your console.

If he wants to play any of your digital games, he will have to log into your account on his console, then download the game from there to the PS4. Once it is downloaded, he can then access it from his account on the console. So it's just a case of logging into yours, download and log out again.

• Like 1

Fuck you Sony!

A £10 increase (25%) is an outrage, let alone in the current financial climate.

• Like 2

Im out. Not paying 50 quid, i dont play online and the free games are mainly now just cheap indies.

• Like 1

Lol absolutely fuck off. There's no conceivable way I'm paying £50 a year to occasionally play some shit online and fill my hard drive with free games I'm never going to play. 

• Like 1

This is a disgusting cash grab.

They can't justify it until they can prove themselves able to prevent hacks & DDoS attacks bringing their servers to a halt!

If they can provide a more secure network first, then they can start trying to justify a price increase!

I'm not sure if your all being serious or taking the piss, Hasn't it been 40 quid for years, your wage might not be going up but can be sure their hosting costs are. 

It's an extra 80p(ish) a month.......

I wasn't interested in PS+ at it's current price so there's definitely no way I'll be interested when the price goes up! I'll just play FIFA online on my Switch with all of the other online games, thanks :heh:

30 minutes ago, James said:

I'm not sure if your all being serious or taking the piss, Hasn't it been 40 quid for years, your wage might not be going up but can be sure their hosting costs are. 

It's an extra 80p(ish) a month.......

Yeah, I'm not bothered either. Everything goes up in price eventually. 

• Like 1

All the previous comments are quite silly.

Don't like the new price? You can always get the discounted price during the Black Friday/Prime Day instead. 

Don't like the PS Plus games they offered? No one is making you to download them and you can add them to your library instead of filling your HDD.

Nothing is ever 100% secured and everything on the Internet are always constantly under attacking. Remember the NHS ransomware! 

Nintendo Switch online service won't be free anymore and you will still need a paid subscription to play your FIFA online and there are nothing to stop them from raise the price as well. 

Welcome to the 21th century Capitalism! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It sucks, but what can you do about it.  Only sure fire way is to vote with your wallet and not pay.  I honestly thought it was an increase as they were adding PS Now to the sub, but it's not.

Luckily i bought a sub on the e3 sale, so i'm good until 2018.

3 hours ago, Kav said:

This is a disgusting cash grab.

They can't justify it until they can prove themselves able to prevent hacks & DDoS attacks bringing their servers to a halt!

If they can provide a more secure network first, then they can start trying to justify a price increase!

I don't think that there's been any hacks or DDoS attacks in months, has there? Certainly no noticeable downtime and I'm online very regularly.

It sucks to pay more, obviously. The info mentioned earlier about "stacking subscriptions" is pretty useful, so we'll end up doing that, I imagine. Putting it into perspective myself, @Eenuh and I both go online through one PS+ subscription, and we both go online pretty much every night for Overwatch or for something or other. I'd say that we game just as much, if not more, than we watch tv. Whilst it sucks not to have the extra £10, paying it isn't going to dramatically worsen our lives. We play the PS+ games, so I'd say that we're getting the most out of it.

Obviously, if you don't play online and don't want the extra games, then spend the money on something else.

• Like 1

What a ridiculous price increase, is this rising costs or yet more arrogance from Sony knowing(thinking) they can get away with it?! That'll be me done with plus; never use it anyway, the games are 95% cack; and only battlefront 2 interests me anyway, so I'll play that as much as possible before my sub runs out then done.

If only the provided a much much cheaper option with limited features, or even just for online play. Prefer that. £50 is a stupid amount of money!

• Like 1

You can still get subs for sub £40, so i'd stock up as subs can be stacked up.

I think the key problem with this price hike is the way they've gone about doing it: by telling fans you're pretty much going to be doing more of the same - which fans aren't too happy with as is - there is no immediate justification for the sudden increase in price; then again, if I recall correctly, the US got a similar price hike last year and it was likely shelved for Europe until it was clear that the £/€ had more-or-less balanced out. Can you imagine what fans would have been screaming if they hiked up the prices last year when the £ and € were so volatile during the months leading up to and following Brexit?

i think it's also interesting to note that rumours of a 5.0 update coming this autumn have been floating around recently, and, take this with a grain of salt, will supposedly finally allow us to change our PSN usernames, along with many other rather major updates (or so the rumour went).

If the rumours are true, then this price hike doesn't surprise me too much - especially in combination with the stabilisation of the £ and € in comparison to last year when prices were increased in the US - but again, it's this apparent lack of transparency which I think is pushing people to the point where they feel that now is the time to say "I'm out" when it comes to PS+. 

A statement such as "Our prices will be increasing in Europe after the US received an increase in PS+ subscription price last year. We have big plans for the PlayStation 4 5.0 update, such as the long-awaited feature to change PSN usernames amongst many other new features, and plan to overhaul our online capabilities to deliver the best online experience for you, the player. Stay tuned for more, PlayStation." would have gone down a lot better than how their current statement has gone down, and now any plans to overhaul online functionality or for update 5.0 will now be seen as a response to player reaction as opposed to being seen as it's own announcement.

They've made this announcement a lot messier than it should have been, that's for sure.

• Like 1

A years subscription is under £1 a week and if your smart you can get it cheaper. I think your all over reacting.

brace-for-impact-yes-its-anime-get-over-

• Like 3

For one I'm not sure if I've ever actually paid £40 for PS+ and not sure why everyone else is?? Can easily get it cheaper all sorts of ways.

Besides tbh for me at least for an online service I find ps+ pretty realiable and consistent(other than patch/update/game downloads taking long but that may be my ISP or area speaking to others) - given what it's provided me so far both with the ps+ content and online for all those hours of Overwatch - I'd say I've definitely got my money's worth.

If it goes up by another tenner I don't mind - though I will admit I'm still expecting to be getting deals on subs below that price anyway.

• Like 2

On 28/07/2017 at 2:43 PM, DriftKaiser said:

All the previous comments are quite silly..

To further justify my previous post, if necessary, I'm absolutely aware that Nintendo Switch Online won't be free for long and that the overall experience may not compare favourably when considering things like voice chat but it'll be worth it to me when there's way more games on Switch I'm interested in playing online than there is on PS4.

I'll almost certainly be in the minority there but the Switch will be my main console going forward..

I was pretty disgusted by the increase when it was announced last week. Yeah, when you break it down then the price isn't that much in the grand scheme of things but my main problem is what are customers exactly getting for this £10 extra? If Microsoft had upped their price then I think the complaints wouldn't be as wide spread but because Sony seem to be the only ones doing this, it seems like a kick in the nuts.

I was listening to Kinda Funny and Tim and Greg were discussing the issue. Greg made the great point in that this announcement hasn't been handled that well at all. Sony should have said why this increase is happening. Is the service getting an overhaul and being made better? Has the costs of servers risen that much that they need to charge this? What is the reasoning behind it? The cynical side of me thinks that Sony have gotten a little too cocky for their own good and feel they can charge what they want because they are the market leader.

Incidentally, my PS+ just ran out last Sunday and i'm back and forth as to whether to resubscribe. I don't really play online games much these days on the PS4 and my recent experiences playing Overwatch soured me on the whole thing, anyway. I also played the Destiny 2 Beta and was less than impressed with what I seen from that. The only kicker is I enjoy having the cloud storage for my game saves and that is locked behind PS+. :(

• Like 1

Why do people keep breaking the price down as if that proves a point?

It's only 13.6 pence a day guys! That's a really small amount!

The fact is, it used to be free, it's not particularly fast or reliable, the quality of free games has plummeted instead of going up with the price, and a huge majority of games use P2P connections and only use servers for matchmaking etc. It doesn't really matter if it's not much per week because the price you're quoting is only true when paying for a year lump sum, and it's that amount that matters. And whether or not you in your cushy job can afford it isn't always the issue, what's the 13 year old budding gamer like yourself from [redacted] years ago gonna do when that annual sub rolls around?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

my recent experiences playing Overwatch soured me on the whole thing

Man, I just read your posts again in the Overwatch thread and it sucks that you had a bad time with it. I've really enjoyed my time with it so far and it's turning into one of my top games of this generation. It's different to what else is out there currently and it feels like you're almost playing a different game each time you switch to a character that you don't usually go as.

On the whole, the userbase are pretty good. I've only had a handful of negative experiences. If you ever get the chance to try it again, I hope that you do and I hope that you enjoy it. I'm ashamed that I didn't jump into it sooner.

7 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Man, I just read your posts again in the Overwatch thread and it sucks that you had a bad time with it. I've really enjoyed my time with it so far and it's turning into one of my top games of this generation. It's different to what else is out there currently and it feels like you're almost playing a different game each time you switch to a character that you don't usually go as.

On the whole, the userbase are pretty good. I've only had a handful of negative experiences. If you ever get the chance to try it again, I hope that you do and I hope that you enjoy it. I'm ashamed that I didn't jump into it sooner.

It's a shame as I was enjoying the game at the start but then it all just kinda fell apart. It was just bad experience after bad experience, which left me frustrated with the game. 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's a shame as I was enjoying the game at the start but then it all just kinda fell apart. It was just bad experience after bad experience, which left me frustrated with the game. 

Something as simple as a character change could help with that. I tried Genji and got absolutely nowhere with him. But, now I've found my "group" of characters that I rotate between. I jump between Zenyatta (amazing character), Zarya, Soldier 76, Mercy, Orisa and then sometimes Tracer. In that order usually. :D 

If you get the chance, give it a go again. I really rate it.

• Like 1