NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Uh oh... I've just seen that list and I've got £50 credit to spend on the PSN store, obviously this is a good thing but... it's going to vanish pretty quickly. :p

I'll probably get The Witness, too. It's been at a reduced price before, but this may be the cheapest that I've seen it. Not sure there's anything else in the deal that stands out for me aside from that and some of the other stuff that I already own.

For those unaware you can get ratchet and clank for £11.99 off the store. Been waiting for that for ages. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deathjam said:

For those unaware you can get ratchet and clank for £11.99 off the store. Been waiting for that for ages. 

One of the worst games I ever handed over hard earned cash for IMO, I just do not understand the appeal at all.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

One of the worst games I ever handed over hard earned cash for IMO, I just do not understand the appeal at all.

Ratchett and Clank?! What?! 

I love all the R&C games! 

• Like 1

Sorry! I just don't get it. I wanted to. Feels so clunky and constrained to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Sorry! I just don't get it. I wanted to. Feels so clunky and constrained to me.

Each to their own! I thought the last one was sublime and it looked incredible, but it's not for everyone! 

Hmm now I wanna play it again...

The Ratchet & Clank remake isn't my favorite game in the series, but this is the first time I've seen anyone call it clunky...

If Mario's freer 360 degree movement is the barometer, then maybe you'd come away with an impression that R&C is clunky. But that's about expectation as anything else; the controls in R&C are tight and responsive, and the game is as much of a 3rd person shooter as it is a platformer so the characters necessarily perform differently.

Edited by dwarf

Dammit Flink made the same joke fractionally before me. I am so embarrassed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bob said:

Dammit Flink made the same joke fractionally before me. I am so embarrassed.

You should be ashamed.

FidZknJ.gif

• Like 1

Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are great value for money in that Summer Sale!

5 minutes ago, Kav said:

Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are great value for money in that Summer Sale!

I'm tempted to play them...but I know that they just won't get a look in due to Overwatch.

Titanfall 2 is worth buying just for the campaign, which is only five or six hours long, so it wouldn't keep you away from Overwatch for very long.

Edited by Magnus
  • Like 2

Yeah. Fuck battlefield but get Titanfall 2. The gameplay is ace, hell you might even enjoy the multiplayer as well. It's a nice silky 60fps. (I think? Pretty sure it's about 30 at least)

Oh and it's a PS4pro title. Runs at 2560x1440 I believe and downsamples to 1080. 

13 hours ago, Magnus said:

Titanfall 2 is worth buying just for the campaign, which is only five or six hours long, so it wouldn't keep you away from Overwatch for very long.

Hmm, tempting. I feel guilty as I've got enough to play atm and just bought Elite Dangerous, The Witness and a few other games here and there.

Will think about it. :D

Quite a good selection of shooters, tbh. Loved Battlefield 4, so would definitely be up for BF1, as well.

29 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Hmm, tempting. I feel guilty as I've got enough to play atm and just bought Elite Dangerous, The Witness and a few other games here and there.

Will think about it. :D

Quite a good selection of shooters, tbh. Loved Battlefield 4, so would definitely be up for BF1, as well.

Buy Pyre. It's amazing.

Just had an email from Sony, PS Plus is going up.

PlayStation®Plus prices are changing 

From 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price will change from £39.99 to £49.99 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from £14.99 to £19.99 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from £5.99 to £6.99 per month.

What this means for you

We will alter the price of a PlayStation®Plus membership at 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017. As you are an existing member, this means that all recurring subscription fees payable by you on or after 31 August 2017 will be charged at the new price. Up until 31 August 2017, you may purchase a PlayStation®Plus subscription at the current price, which will then be added (or “stacked on”) to your current membership period.

Time to stack up your membership.

• Like 1

Yup, sucks!

Well, I've never paid full price for a subscription anyway. Will keep doing that.

I'll keep an eye out for a discount on a 1 year subscription until 31 August.

Question: we just paid for our annual subscription this month, but would we be able to buy another annual membership code somewhere, add it to our account and have them stack up? Or does it not work that way?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

Question: we just paid for our annual subscription this month, but would we be able to buy another annual membership code somewhere, add it to our account and have them stack up? Or does it not work that way?

You can definitely do this, so if you find a years sub for £30 - £40 elsewhere you can just buy it, add it to your existing sub and it will extend the date by a year. :)

• Like 1

DIfferent question:

I own Nioh digitally. If I give my best mate access to my account on his PS4, will he be able to download it via my account and then play it with his?