NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

So, I got paid last week, been good with keeping up with new releases and have been feeling a bit down lately. That being the case, I decided to splash some cash over the past couple of days and cheer myself up.

poe8Um3kj

This should keep me busy for at least a couple of weeks. :D

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling a bit down lately Hero, I wish you all the best. :smile:

Hopefully that lot of games will help cheer you up though, videogames have always been a good way for me to just escape for a while to a happier place, sometimes there's nothing better than just getting completely immersed in a digital landscape for a while. :D

Also, looking at your haul picture has reminded me... I have almost all of those titles to play and then some, which is great but... the backlog. :(

I must get around to posting a picture of my PS4 Tower™ soon, probably when I have some time off after Easter with any luck, hopefully I'll even play some of the games. : peace:

You've inspired me to post my own backlog. This is obviously not including digital games in my backlog but these are the PS4/Xbox One titles I still want to get around to completing at some point!

C8rJ-GkWAAEFcH9.jpg

I've tried wearing my glasses, I've used a different browser and I've even restarted my laptop. But, no matter how many times I check, I just can't seem to find The Witcher 3 in your picture.

@Blade, can you find it?

It's sat on the shelf. The same shelf it's been sat on for over a year now. Unless you want me to buy it again? :D

I must get around to posting a picture of my PS4 Tower™ soon, probably when I have some time off after Easter with any luck, hopefully I'll even play some of the games. : peace:

Do it!

You've inspired me to post my own backlog. This is obviously not including digital games in my backlog but these are the PS4/Xbox One titles I still want to get around to completing at some point!

C8rJ-GkWAAEFcH9.jpg

Ah, the good old £10 GAME version of Mafia 3. :)

I've also just added the first Dishonoured game to the collection (£15 new and sealed ). Figured I should probably play the first game before the second. Also, why the hell not?

I've tried wearing my glasses, I've used a different browser and I've even restarted my laptop. But, no matter how many times I check, I just can't seem to find The Witcher 3 in your picture.

@Blade, can you find it?

He already has it but just refuses to play it :(.

My backlog is mainly Deus Ex and watch dogs 2.

Playing watch dogs 2. It's alright but the main gameplay isn't gripping. Feels highly menu based? Highly detailed world though and presentation is ok. Story is straight up bad. I am killing So many innocent people...

I got too many games on my backlog to even count, it's grown recently due to a purchase of Mafia 3 and then Yooka Laylee arrived in the post today.

How is Yooka Laylee?

Was testing a Samsung 840 ssd as an external drive for the PS4 and my load times are inconsistent vs the 2tb sshd drive.

Load times aren't as fast on the ssd... I am wondering if it needs drivers for the improved performance?

Edited by Choze

How is Yooka Laylee?

Nostalgia is the word here, it's good as it brings back memories of playing Banjo Kazooie for the first time again. It's fresh, however it's not by all means a perfect game. I got a more detailed opinion in the Yooka Laylee thread.

Because of @drahkon's glowing review I bought Steinsgate on the Easter sale for ps3 and plan on running down to Gamestop tomorrow and pick the sequel with a gift card. Only played the first chapter so far but it's looking good.

I can't buy from the Easter Sale on PSN as my PS4 (and the app) won't process my purchases. I've deleted the payment method and re-added it, no idea why it's not working. ::shrug:

Was going to get Shadow of Mordor and Mirror's Edge 2 for £18... not any longer.

Sure the problem isn't your card?

Yep, I've used it today and recently on Switch too.

I noticed when I paid I had to use the verified by visa password for the first time on PSN. I also had to confirm the three digit number too. Do you have that verification thing activated on your card?

Have you tried purchasing it off the webstore instead of on the PS4 itself or the App? If not, Tales' bit about the verification sounds like it could be right.

I can't buy from the Easter Sale on PSN as my PS4 (and the app) won't process my purchases. I've deleted the payment method and re-added it, no idea why it's not working. ::shrug:

Was going to get Shadow of Mordor and Mirror's Edge 2 for £18... not any longer.

I had that problem!

I think it's an odd security thing possibly as it happened when I was buying a bunch of games.

Anyway after searching for similar issues online the upshot is this...

Make a note of the exact time you last attempted to purchases something and it failed.

Wait exactly 24 hours and try to purchase again, it should be fine.

It has to be at least 24 hours after the failed purchase for some reason, so if you're at all in doubt, then wait a bit longer, try again in a day and a bit perhaps.

But if the sale ends tonight or something then... ::shrug:

Another way you might be able to clear it is by buying a PSN card and redeeming it as that's different from using your credit card, I think ShopTo still do instant gift cards, though sometimes they take a little while to come through.

In any case, that's all the info I have on the issue, it happened to me once and then hasn't happened again since, best of luck. :)

The sale seem to end on the 27th for most games, some on the 20th.

All the details were correct, I unplugged the PS4 for a bit and tried again tonight and it worked!

I picked up the Bioshock Collection too.

All the details were correct, I unplugged the PS4 for a bit and tried again tonight and it worked!

I picked up the Bioshock Collection too.

I'll be interested to see what you think of the collection. I personally love the settings, themes and characters within it. Infinite is my favourite of the lot.

I'll be interested to see what you think of the collection. I personally love the settings, themes and characters within it. Infinite is my favourite of the lot.

I've only played the first (a friend's copy so I didn't play it all)... no idea why I didn't pick it up myself, or the others, just oddly let them pass me by so I'm looking forward to getting into them.

Infinite is my favourite of the lot.

You're lucky you're pretty.

Well, I'm not pretty but I agree with Flink. Infinite all the way.

I also have the Bioshock Collection. I played the first game for a few hours but just couldn't get into it. I found the game's setting too odd and weird for my liking.

Well, I'm not pretty but I agree with Flink. Infinite all the way.

We're all beautiful, brah.

I love all three BioShock games, but what grabbed me with Infinite was the story that was told, especially the last few hours. The finale just blew me away! The soundtrack and settings in all three games were great, but the third game just took it to a new level for me. I still listen to the soundtrack every now and again on Youtube and it's just...so hnnnnnngggg. Will the circle be unbroken? still gives me shivers.

I also have the Bioshock Collection. I played the first game for a few hours but just couldn't get into it. I found the game's setting too odd and weird for my liking.

I think that's a strong part of what makes the BioShock games incredible. They are designed to make you feel a bit uncomfortable. The settings and themes are unsettling and quite often you will think to yourself, "hmm, that's a bit wrong!" As a result, it will no doubt turn some people off.