NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

This media player update is awesome. My mp4's are playing fine. No 4K tv yet lol.

Release date trailer...but doesn't show the release date in the video. :laughing:

Looks pretty awesome. I could do with a futuristic racer, so I'll no doubt be picking this up.

I seriously just want new F Zero. Why are Nintendo dicking around with this? Why don't they just give the fans what they want?!

PSN have a digital "Buy One, get One Free" sale on at the moment. Decent number of games available, shame i "own" 1/2 through PS+

I see WipEout is getting a retail release as well.

hwblwx6l.jpg

That's a sexy boxart. The dynamic theme is awesome, too.

Someone on Gaf pointed out that we have this, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and Tekken 7 all releasing in June. The PSOne era is reborn! :D

Someone on Gaf pointed out that we have this, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and Tekken 7 all releasing in June. The PSOne era is reborn! :D

Good times ahead. So many new games and some classics remastered, as well : peace:

The PS4 might be the best console purchase I've ever made :D

what_year_is_it.jpg

WipEout HD was the boy. One of those games that makes you strive for perfection, and kills you in the process.

Preferred it to F-Zero because the vehicles didn't feel like you were maneuvering Scalextric cars.

Bought a PS4 Pro which arrived last Monday.. It's so good. Currently playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands and it looks incredible.

If you have a 4K TV with 10 bit HDR it's like the jump from SD to HD all over again. @Fierce_LiNk as you have the same TV as mine, you need a PS4 Pro.

Looking forward to trying out Uncharted 4 & Ratchet & Clank.

Bought a PS4 Pro which arrived last Monday.. It's so good. Currently playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands and it looks incredible.

If you have a 4K TV with 10 bit HDR it's like the jump from SD to HD all over again. @Fierce_LiNk as you have the same TV as mine, you need a PS4 Pro.

Looking forward to trying out Uncharted 4 & Ratchet & Clank.

Is it really that good? I'm tempted, but it's the money. Kinda tempted to trade in my PS4 for one, but I'm thinking about all of my photos and videos that I've saved that will take aaaaages to transfer over.

How much would I have to pay extra if I was to trade in my original PS4 with an upgraded 2tb HDD?

Is it really that good? I'm tempted, but it's the money. Kinda tempted to trade in my PS4 for one, but I'm thinking about all of my photos and videos that I've saved that will take aaaaages to transfer over.

How much would I have to pay extra if I was to trade in my original PS4 with an upgraded 2tb HDD?

Wouldn't you be able to replace your upgraded hard drive with your original one and trade it in that way, and then just put the 2tb drive into the Pro when you got it?

Wouldn't you be able to replace your upgraded hard drive with your original one and trade it in that way, and then just put the 2tb drive into the Pro when you got it?

That...makes a lot of sense. I don't think that there's any problems with that.

Hmm...now I'm fucking tempted.

Ha, I should have kept my mouth shut! I can't really recommend the pro myself because I don't have a 4K TV but I'm definitely keen to get a 4K/HDR TV ASAP but the Switch obviously took priority so it'll be a few months before I can afford one. Hopefully there'll be a legal way to get 4K movies digitally by then.

I realise I'm always doing this but if you're gonna trade in the PS4 let me know the value you're getting for it as I might be able to beat it on cash (not for myself so no promises but if I can fix a good deal for both you and someone else then why not!). Also do let me know how the backup/restore between then two goes as I've still not upgraded my own PS4 drive and interested to see how easy/well it all transitions across. Did you go through the process for the 2TB upgrade or did you just upgrade before you had too much on the PS4 to save the hassle?

I just upgraded to a 2TB SSHD (£80 amazon offer) and am experimenting with an external SSD alongside other 1TB options.

Does it make a big difference? Thinking of getting one for Horizon!

If you have a 4K TV then you have a pretty good reason already as the game uses checkerboard rendering to reach 4K res.

All PS4 do HDR. Pro also has an extra usb at the back and 1080p video recording/streaming.

Its a good purchase(very happy here) but the priority is playing the games always. So if you need to save, the base PS4 is excellent anyhow.

Meh, already have the PS3/PSVita remasters so there's no need. I should really give them a go...

Will probably still buy them when they're on sale, though :laughing:

Did anyone else download Parappa the Rapper Remastered? It feels just like the original, which I love, but I'm also having the same problems, particularly in stage 4 :hmm:

It feels like the game almost randomly decides whether my rapping is good or bad as sections which feel and sound flawless are often punishment while messing up can be inconsequential.

I breezed through the first 3 stages but hit a wall with the turkey.. uh, I mean chicken, you beef jerky!

Did anyone else download Parappa the Rapper Remastered? It feels just like the original, which I love, but I'm also having the same problems, particularly in stage 4 :hmm:

It feels like the game almost randomly decides whether my rapping is good or bad as sections which feel and sound flawless are often punishment while messing up can be inconsequential.

I breezed through the first 3 stages but hit a wall with the turkey.. uh, I mean chicken, you beef jerky!

I felt like that with the demo, I pre-ordered it nonetheless when I was last on my PS4...

Does this mean it came out today? I've been a bit blinkered when it comes to my other consoles currently thanks to Zelda. :p

Maybe I'll turn my PS4 on and give it a try today or tomorrow and will let you know. :)

Love me some Parappa the Rapper, so... I gotta believe! (that the remaster is good) :D

Does it make a big difference? Thinking of getting one for Horizon!

If you have a 4K TV and money free to buy a PS4 Pro, you won't be disappointed.

It is, I couldn't go back to the original PS4 now. Everything is just so clear and vibrant.

I think the trade in on PS4s at Game is £120. My controller is damaged behind the R2 trigger so I'd have to trade in my new controller that came with it so I'd only get £80 for it as the damaged controller aint going to last forever so I'm keeping it as my upstairs PS4 :D

So, I got paid last week, been good with keeping up with new releases and have been feeling a bit down lately. That being the case, I decided to splash some cash over the past couple of days and cheer myself up.

poe8Um3kj

This should keep me busy for at least a couple of weeks. :D

So, I got paid last week, been good with keeping up with new releases and have been feeling a bit down lately. That being the case, I decided to splash some cash over the past couple of days and cheer myself up.

poe8Um3kj

This should keep me busy for at least a couple of weeks. :D

I've tried wearing my glasses, I've used a different browser and I've even restarted my laptop. But, no matter how many times I check, I just can't seem to find The Witcher 3 in your picture.

@Blade, can you find it?