NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

A video to show off some features of the new firmware update:

[tweet]839461308336586752[/tweet]

That party chat option in the quickmenu is such a great QoL improvement for people who play with friends regularly. I've been using it a lot during the beta. :)

Is this the firmware upgrade that allows you to use external HDD?

Is this the firmware upgrade that allows you to use external HDD?

Indeed. Explained in the video :)

That party chat option in the quickmenu is such a great QoL improvement for people who play with friends regularly.

Maybe I'm hallucinating but I think I've seen you post that initialism a couple of times now. Do you mean Quality of Life? If so, please dig yourself a grave.

Okay, am I doing it wrong? Do you just not like it? I don't understand.

I don't like it which means you should stop it immediately. *reverts back to 99% lurking mode*

Ok, if it bothers you I'll stop. It should be a QoL improvement for you.

QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL QoL!!!

So, how's Horizon? Finished Zelda now and Horizon looks good!

16 hours in and it's amazing.

Great story (so far), combat is absolutely incredible, it has the usual open-world tropes but they complement the main path nicely and from a technical standpoint it is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Been playing God of War III Remastered a little more and I can't believe how well it holds up, both graphically and from a gameplay standpoint. The latter is debatable since there hasn't been any shakeup in the formula, yet, but after a 4-year break from the series I find the the gameplay to be fun :D

Been playing God of War III Remastered a little more and I can't believe how well it holds up, both graphically and from a gameplay standpoint. The latter is debatable since there hasn't been any shakeup in the formula, yet, but after a 4-year break from the series I find the the gameplay to be fun :D

Its cos you like violence :wink:

I was scrolling through the digital sale list on the ps store when I found this little gem, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher. I decided on the pre order after about five second of viewing a gameplay video on Gamespot. Looks like a cute version of Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing/Oceanhorn. Described as open world RPG. Thought I'd mention it if anyone else is interested in this type of game. Out July 18th.

Edited by Tales

Urgh, the character design is really not my thing...

Other than that it looks kinda cool. Future PS+ title maybe. I'll wait.

I was scrolling through the digital sale list on the ps store when I found this little gem, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher. I decided on the pre order after about five second of viewing a gameplay video on Gamespot. Looks like a cute version of Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing/Oceanhorn. Described as open world RPG. Thought I'd mention it if anyone else is interested in this type of game. Out July 18th.

Gonna be pre-ordering this myself (thought I might as well take advantage of the pre-order discount on it alongside other titles). Looks great in some of the gameplay I've seen, a nice mixture of Harvest Moon and Zelda. Perhaps it'll gel together a bit better than Dragon Quest Builders as I really couldn't get into that game. But this looks great.

It's also great to finally see a release date for What Became of Edith Finch (Apr. 25th). Seems like that ones been ages in coming but soon. Looking forward to playing that as well as so many other indie titles over the next weeks.

On top of all of the big hitting titles from third parties in the last couple of months, there looks to be a constant stream of smaller indie titles as well and my wallet is looking rather sad as a result. Putting down pre-orders for Snake Pass, Rain World (how good does this look? So excited to get my hands on this one) and Blackwood Crossing and no doubt there'll be more to come as release dates get announced in the coming weeks. Crazy good time to be a gamer right now.

Parappa for £11.99 is great news, hopefully Edith Finch is similarly cheap then i'll definitely be getting both. Parappa will be a good game to cool down with after finishing Zelda which I should be done with by the time it comes out.

Parappa for £11.99 is great news, hopefully Edith Finch is similarly cheap then i'll definitely be getting both. Parappa will be a good game to cool down with after finishing Zelda which I should be done with by the time it comes out.

I signed up to PS+ for 87p recently and got a discount on my preorder of Parappa the Rapper (which was actually greater than 87p :grin:)

Decided to give my PS4 a good clean out earlier. The fan was whirring and the PS4 was getting a bit hot, so cleaned it out.

Before

33410089501_6ed246d97c_o.jpg

After

33410088891_b70c6a56f1_o.jpg

Did finish off the dusting, certainly is a lot quieter now.