NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yeah mines gone through now. My place has awful reception so I think it wasn't coming through, I got impatient, asked for another code, the old one came through, tried that, failed. Anyways, sorted, phew!

Glad you got your account back, make sure to change your passwords for everything if you use the same password.

So I'm signed out of psn, try to sign back in but says my details are incorrect. They're not. But say I've forgotten my password. It then says my email is not recognised. Erm. What the fuck is happening? Anyone know what the best course of action is?
This happened to me recently - just before Christmas so I missed all the great sales :/

Some bastard hacked into my account and used my PayPal to buy £120 worth of FIFA points...

I was locked out of my account, and it took a few weeks for Sony to reactivate it after countless emails and phone calls which cost me.

PayPal refunded me - but Sony didn't reimburse me for anything... such as the month I paid for PS+ but couldn't use it... let alone other subscriptions like Netflix that I was locked out of. Considering it's their security that allows this to happen, I was pretty damn annoyed.

Oh and I also have to look at over a page of FIFA crap in my downloads list.

Really should set up the two step security.

This happened to me recently - just before Christmas so I missed all the great sales :/

Some bastard hacked into my account and used my PayPal to buy £120 worth of FIFA points...

I was locked out of my account, and it took a few weeks for Sony to reactivate it after countless emails and phone calls which cost me.

PayPal refunded me - but Sony didn't reimburse me for anything... such as the month I paid for PS+ but couldn't use it... let alone other subscriptions like Netflix that I was locked out of. Considering it's their security that allows this to happen, I was pretty damn annoyed.

Oh and I also have to look at over a page of FIFA crap in my downloads list.

Really should set up the two step security.

Yikes. Like I said to Dazzy, it does seem to be related to FIFA, both in the targeting people and then using your account for Ultimate Team.

Again, it's absolutely shocking and disgusting that more focus hasn't been put on this with the gaming media outlets. They should be pushing Sony for answers as to why these hacks have been happening more and more. I guess they are too busy reporting on on the latest YouTube gaming celebrity or some trash like that.

Yep, I'm not even going to pretend that there aren't at least ten games in that trailer that I'll be picking up for certain. :D

I've recently bought some proper storage for my PS4 games and am in the process of sorting them out so that I can just grab a game when I feel like it to play rather than having to rummage through loosely sorted stacks.

Each unit can hold twelve games and I bought six, they are stackable but they require extra support to secure them, I'll take a picture of them at some point soon when I've got it all organised, I ended up selling certain special editions which I haven't got around to playing as well so that I'm left with games which actually fit on the rack; it also helped that some of them had gone up in value during that time which helped in getting together some much needed funds for this time of year. :)

I still might sell some other games from my collection before I'm finished but I'm hoping to play a load of them this year while not buying as many new at launch only for the price to go down, I suppose it works both ways though given that some of them went up in value but still... I've got to clear this backlog and stop being swayed by certain titles which I know will likely be reduced later down the line; I don't regret supporting a lot of the developers by buying at launch but when you add it all up, the price difference is sobering at times. :blush:

I played Stardew Valley on New Years Day for... I think... about 12-13 hours. Never, ever done that in my life.

Games I'm interested in from that trailer:

Hellblade, Nier, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, WipeOut, Nioh, PaRappa, Starblood, Horizon.

As much as I love the idea of Dreams, I can't help feel it's too much hard work...

What's the deal with Matterfall?... Isn't that the same team making Nex Machina?

Also... gimme Spider-Man.

Games I'm interested in from that trailer:

Hellblade, Nier, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, WipeOut, Nioh, PaRappa, Starblood, Horizon.

As much as I love the idea of Dreams, I can't help feel it's too much hard work...

What's the deal with Matterfall?... Isn't that the same team making Nex Machina?

Also... gimme Spider-Man.

For me, this has bomba written all over it. While it visually looks very unique, I really don't think there will be much of a game behind it. Critically, Dreams may do very well but commercially I think it's going to sell really badly.

Media Molecule have yet to really prove themselves to me. LBP, while fun, had the same issues in that it was more about the creative side of things and the gameplay part of the game wasn't really up to scratch. However, I did enjoy Tearaway on the Vita but that was made by a smaller team within the main company.

As for Matterfall, yeah it's another game in development from Housemarque.

I played Stardew Valley on New Years Day for... I think... about 12-13 hours. Never, ever done that in my life.

I was gonna pick it up but I feel it would be best suited to a handheld. Hopefully the Switch version will provide the goods.

Well I thought that at first and was disappointed there wasn't a Vita version - but tbh perfectly happy playing it on my sofa for hours on end so it must be doing something right. Controls are a bit fiddly at first but become second nature after a while.

Well I thought that at first and was disappointed there wasn't a Vita version - but tbh perfectly happy playing it on my sofa for hours on end so it must be doing something right. Controls are a bit fiddly at first but become second nature after a while.

Do you think the game would benefit from a touchscreen? It appeals to me a lot, but like Hero I'll probably get it for Switch due to portable factor. Touch screen controls would make it even better.

I've only played it with a mouse and keyboard but I heard Stardew Valley does suffer a bit with a controller when you want to start doing stuff with crops quickly and precisely but cant really.

Do you think the game would benefit from a touchscreen? It appeals to me a lot, but like Hero I'll probably get it for Switch due to portable factor. Touch screen controls would make it even better.

Well it really depends how well the touch screen is implemented. Of course I can see great ways it could be utilized, but no guarantee it would. The PS4 port is very straight port, not very much changed, leads to some slow saving speeds and some bugs at launch with the cursor (far too minor to affect your enjoyment). So going by that... the touch screen might get very minimal use.

Shame we don't live in the golden era of XBLA anymore when every game of this ilk had a free demo!

I love the idea of Dreams. Being able to create short animated movies with relative ease is right up my alley.

I've watched all of the videos on MM's Youtube channel regarding Dreams and it actually looks like it'll be really easy to use.

Just looked through the January sale and gave myself 8 more € to spend :D So I bought this for 6€:

Completely missed its release. It reviewed great and seems like a game I'd enjoy. :)

I like the PS4
:hehe:

I like FIFA 17 :grin:

Dude, WHAT THE FUCK.

giphy.gif

Oh wait, this is the Other Console board. :p #baitbecausewhynot

Glad you're happy with the purchase. You took long enough to take the plunge

Glad you're happy with the purchase. You took long enough to take the plunge

I actually feel like I've picked up a PS4 at exactly the right time for me though it is probably affecting my overall enthusiasm for the Nintendo Switch at this point :blank:

Uncharted 4 has been excellent so far, which I expected, but I'm also enjoying Drive Club considerably more than I anticipated given that I wasn't particularly excited about it coming as part of the bundle!

The last time I played something in a similar vein was probably Forza Motorsport 3 during that brief phase with the XBOX 360 back in 2010 but hopefully my interest won't fade as rapidly as it did back then with that entire system :shakehead I really like the challenges that pop up during each race where you face off against scores set by your friends on different sections of the track, be it cornering, average speed or drifting, as it keeps races interesting in addition to the objectives already outlined for each stage :smile:

Is the PSN store down for any of you? Can't access it anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind...it works now. But only in my webbrowser...::shrug:

Edit #2: Buuuut I can't access the login page...

Is the PSN store down for any of you? Can't access it anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind...it works now. But only in my webbrowser...::shrug:

Edit #2: Buuuut I can't access the login page...

I'll switch my PS4 on now for a bit, I probably have more game updates to download by now anyway. :heh:

It's working again now. Not sure what the problem was ::shrug:

Yes, I too discovered this, it's running buttery smooth for the first time in a while which resulted in me claiming my Plus games for this month, then I saw the Sale... :blank:

Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour

Red Dead Revolver

Canis Canem Edit

Psychonauts

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Season Pass

...and just over £37 later I left the store, after saying I wasn't going to buy any more games for a while. :(

Ah well, I can't pretend that I'm not happy about it, some of those deals would have expired tomorrow, so thanks for persuading me to check the store. :D

I like the PS4
:hehe:

I like FIFA 17 :grin:

If you ever want to get fucked up on FIFA give us a shout ;)

If you ever want to get fucked up on FIFA give us a shout ;)

I'm terrible at it (particularly defending) but I don't currently have PS+ anyway :heh: