NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Do we know what price it's going to be on PS4? I'm definitely tempted by it...

You can pre-order for 14.99€/£11.99. No discount and there will most likely be none for quite some time as I'm pretty sure they know it'll do really well :D

Shame it's not going portable, I think I'd love to play Stardew Valley on Vita, can't see myself setting up to play it for an evening on the big TV though....

I'm holding out hope that there will be a Switch version at some point next year, would be a perfect fit.

Shame it's not going portable, I think I'd love to play Stardew Valley on Vita, can't see myself setting up to play it for an evening on the big TV though....

There's a chance a Vita version might still happen:

I can’t make any guarantees just yet, but I will say that I’m very, very interested in seeing a PS Vita version. It’s a very popular request, and I think it would be a great fit.

I just got a Dualshock 4 v2 delivered from Sainsburys this afternoon thanks to an awesome deal involving £18 off a £60 spend for new customers online. We needed some groceries anyway and since I'm already signed up we decided to use my wife's email address this time in order to get the deal :hehe:

I got roughly £25 of groceries plus the controller for just over £47 delivered. I'm absolutely delighted with that, especially with FIFA 17 also arriving today! I'm sorted for Christmas day :yay:

That is a great deal! Might have to look into that myself!

I'm holding out hope that there will be a Switch version at some point next year, would be a perfect fit.

Yeah I'm kinda thinking that myself atm, I think I've always given the HM titles a bit more time when they were on handheld than console but I might be tempted later on PS4 if it gets a reduction or I get bored of Overwatching. Think it'd definitely suit a Switch style setup for me more, though.

50 million sales achieved.

[TWEET]806485411920891905[/TWEET]

Software sales aren't too shabby either.

5Yfd1yF.png

The combination of my terrible internet and the sluggishness of the PS4's networking means download times are laughably long. I tried to download the FIFA 17 demo last night, it was scheduled to take 47 hours to download the 8gb file. I don't have any hope of buying digital games until I get my internet sorted out.

The combination of my terrible internet and the sluggishness of the PS4's networking means download times are laughably long. I tried to download the FIFA 17 demo last night, it was scheduled to take 47 hours to download the 8gb file. I don't have any hope of buying digital games until I get my internet sorted out.

I feel your pain :heh:

I unboxed my PS4 on Christmas Eve and even though I only have 4 games for it, the console has constantly been downloading updates and I still haven't inserted The Last of Us yet :blank:

I'm not letting it get to me :grin:

On a happier note I was really happy to see PSN stay up over Christmas. Shame the same couldn't be said for Steam the other day. Fucking "hacker" nerds.

I normally manage to get about a gb an hour over PSN - but that is mainly due to my abysmal internet speed.

Things have improved a lot by connecting over Ethernet, only took me 5 hours to download the RE7 demo last night so I'll probably try again with FIFA when I start playing The Last Guardian. I don't understand why there's such a huge discrepancy between Wi-fi and LAN speeds though, its not the most convenient for me as I'm having to hook up my PS4 downstairs when I want to download anything, then move it back upstairs to actually play it.

Edited by killthenet

It does, they throttle it when your using it so you can play online and it not be laggy.

So I'm signed out of psn, try to sign back in but says my details are incorrect. They're not. But say I've forgotten my password. It then says my email is not recognised. Erm. What the fuck is happening? Anyone know what the best course of action is?

So I'm signed out of psn, try to sign back in but says my details are incorrect. They're not. But say I've forgotten my password. It then says my email is not recognised. Erm. What the fuck is happening? Anyone know what the best course of action is?

Phone Sony. Sounds like your PSN account may have been compromised. Please tell me you have the two step verification set up on your Playstation?

Phone Sony. Sounds like your PSN account may have been compromised. Please tell me you have the two step verification set up on your Playstation?

Well considering I didn't know they even had that probably not.

Tried calling, unusually high calls, massive wait times, fuck that.

I love Sony...

Well considering I didn't know they even had that probably not.

Tried calling, unusually high calls, massive wait times, fuck that.

I love Sony...

The account hacking thing has been happening all year. It mainly seems to target those playing FIFA ( due to Ultimate Team ) and some FTP game that I can't remember the name of. Baffling that no website tried to get an answer off Sony as to what the hell has been going on.

There was a topic popping up every other day on Gaf of someone not being able to access their console, just like you can't now. All of these people never had the verification thingy set up. I set mine up not long after these stories started to be stupidly frequent.

The account hacking thing has been happening all year. It mainly seems to target those playing FIFA ( due to Ultimate Team ) and some FTP game that I can't remember the name of. Baffling that no website tried to get an answer off Sony as to what the hell has been going on.

There was a topic popping up every other day on Gaf of someone not being able to access their console, just like you can't now. All of these people never had the verification thingy set up. I set mine up not long after these stories started to be stupidly frequent.

Yeah I play FiFA a lot, but not ultimate team. Hopefully it'll be easily sorted. So annoying though - had problems with a few things today so was just 'another thing' to do my head in :)

Have you tried logging into the web store? Also check your emails?

Yep, done all that, called them and they just said it's been changed, hacked, they've reset it.

Yep, done all that, called them and they just said it's been changed, hacked, they've reset it.

Sorry to hear that was the case but I'm happy that you've got it sorted. Make sure to activate the two step verification.

You don't keep your card details on your account, do you? It would be best to remove them if you have and make sure they haven't been compromised. Personally i'd never have mine on, especially after the big hack on PSN during the PS3 era. Best to just by prepaid cards and use those. It's a little more hassle but worth it for peace of mind.

Sorry to hear that was the case but I'm happy that you've got it sorted. Make sure to activate the two step verification.

You don't keep your card details on your account, do you? It would be best to remove them if you have and make sure they haven't been compromised. Personally i'd never have mine on, especially after the big hack on PSN during the PS3 era. Best to just by prepaid cards and use those. It's a little more hassle but worth it for peace of mind.

Cheers mate. Doing it now, but the codes being sent to my phone aren't working :) Not sure what's going on. One of those days I guess!! Might just go play racthet and clank and cheer myself up! :D

One thing I loathe about this internet age is the rise in online crime, fraud, hacking, etc. Sorry to hear about your troubles, @Hero\-of\-Time!

One thing I loathe about this internet age is the rise in online crime, fraud, hacking, etc. Sorry to hear about your troubles, @Hero\-of\-Time!

Yeah mines gone through now. My place has awful reception so I think it wasn't coming through, I got impatient, asked for another code, the old one came through, tried that, failed. Anyways, sorted, phew!