NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yeah a lot of Californian-based services are buggered. And here was me just the other day saying it seems like DDOSes have calmed down with PSN! (although this wasn't directly targeting PSN)

Huh, never even knew that. And the new DS4 solves that? They were £35 not long ago on the GAME site, should've got one.

When PS4 first launched the controllers were £35 in Game then at Christmas the dirty robbing bastards put them up to £70. They seem to have settled at £50. I hate GAME.

When PS4 first launched the controllers were £35 in Game then at Christmas the dirty robbing bastards put them up to £70. They seem to have settled at £50. I hate GAME.

Yeah its hard to like them. Awful place to go. The state of their stores is what baffles me the most.

Yep, GAME are literally the worst.

If it wasn't for the occasional Pokemon event, I'd never step foot in there.

Probably not surprising but BF1 massively underperformed compared to the internet/comments/forum hype it got on places like facebook, YouTube etc. Abit like alot of other things in this industry.

Kind of an important reminder from time to time.

Edited by Choze

Maybe not massively. But far from the hype it's getting. It debuted below Division's first week. I think Destiny is the defacto second biggest fps now.

It's a pass for me anyhow. Feels vastly over hyped based on my beta experience. It's a shame Dice are so rough with mechanics post bf3.

Edited by Choze

Well fuck. Plugged in and unplugged my PS4 controller can turn the console on, but either way gets stuck at "press the PS button to use the controller." I can't get past that screen.

You can turn it on using the controller or only using the button on the system? Maybe your charge cable is no good.

use a pin to reset the controller underneath. See if that helps if you re-pair it?

You can turn it on using the controller or only using the button on the system? Maybe your charge cable is no good.

Controller was fully charged and could turn on the console regardless. Just after powering on it refused to pair.

use a pin to reset the controller underneath. See if that helps if you re-pair it?
That was unsuccessful but a good idea.

Last night I couldn't really be arsed, but today I just unplugged the PS4 to get it out of rest mode and now it's paired fine.

Does anyone know of a solution to the what's new section not updating? Mine hasn't had a new entry in three weeks.

I think the few folks that it happened to had it fix itself spontaneously? No idea what to do to fix it, but in line with Nolan's issue above have you tried a full power cycle/the classic turning it off and on again?

I've had this quite a bit, I just sync another controller and by the time I turn on the PS4 again it seems to have fixed itself, but I guess if you've only got one controller this will be a pain in the arse.

I've just finished Last of Us for the 2nd time and really enjoy the tactical online multiplayer which is the polar opposite to the COD run & gun style of play.

Are there any other games in this style that anybody can recommend?

That kind of multiplayer? How about an Assassins Creed game? Brotherhood introduced one of my favourite multiplayer games ever, especially for being so different in pace and approach to CoD. The Ezio Collection is out soon and might be a good place to start.

Or for team-based and tactical but still a lot of running and gunning, Overwatch.

Uncharted 4 is obviously the same people and same third person multiplayer. I don't know much about TLoU's multiplayer to compare though, does it have one team playing as the zombs?

For single player, the new Tomb Raider or Bioshock Collection, similar in their own ways.

Edited by Shorty

FFS! Does PSN just not work anymore?

Been on it all night, checked your NAT settings?

I've had nothing but error messages for the last two weeks. I gave up online and played through last of us again. No other devises are having problems in my house so I assumed it was a psn issue. I'll have a tinker when I get home

Yeah, can't say I've noticed any PSN issues at all lately. Certainly not this last week. Sorry, 'Ferret.