NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I literally have no idea what you do when you turn on your PS4 to make you this mad.

Do 95%+ of people not just tend to just continue playing whatever they've recently been playing, or whatever the disc is that they put in the system?

Generally yeaH, I mean it's not a huge inconvenience obviously, I just have this weird thing in life were I like everything organised, in folders, where I want them to be etc... It's the only anal thing I have (comes from the desire of some organisation in what is/was a chaotic life with my work)! So it's more the mess of it all that annoys me. Doesn't actually affect me that much. Also feels unnecessarily clumsy.

I think this says more about your state of mental health than it does about the PS4 OS. :P

I've got my PS4 and it's all setup now! I also started downloading Miku a few hours ago, it said it would take about 5 hours for a 7gb download which with my crappy internet didnt surprise me but within in an hour it was downloaded and ready to go :D

I tried out the audio through the controller and it sounds amazing, as clear as when I have them plugged into my laptop so it's a step up from GamePad audio.

Not much else to say yet but I'll be sure to add you guys when I get used to the (pretty rubbish) OS :P

I feel a little burnt out from the PS4 chaos of the last 24-48 hours! My emotions kept swinging between wanting to pick one up and not being particularly bothered.

There was a moment last night when limited stock appeared on Tesco Direct and I had the 500GB model and FIFA 17 in my basket ready to checkout.. but I pulled the plug at the last moment as I don't really feel that real hunger to have the console and never have.

I was actually down at my brother's last night and we played a little bit on his PS4 and I just can't warm to it :hmm: The controller doesn't feel comfortable in my hands and watching lists of the top games on Youtube has only helped me feel justified in my decision to give this deal a miss. The price certainly made it tempting, regardless, but I went with my heart on this one :grin:

Is the £150 deal all done or is it still possible to get anywhere?

It's possibly still going on in store at ASDA (take console and FIFA to till and they scan through at £150). Could well have sold out though.

Not much else to say yet but I'll be sure to add you guys when I get used to the (pretty rubbish) OS :P

I've added you Joshi! :D

My PSN is Metal-Mutiny, see you online! :)

Edited by S.C.G

Is the £150 deal all done or is it still possible to get anywhere?

The offer is still on ( think it ends tomorrow or Monday ) but the issue is finding stock of the console.

I'd love to see the sales numbers for the thing over the weekend.

If I were to buy a second PS4 do I need a second PS+ account or can I use one account for both consoles?

My understanding is that one is Primary and you can have at least a second, but as Shorty says Flink and Eenuh already have the setup and make it work so best to check with them. I do recall FLink say it was possible to play two people online via the same PS+ tho when it was in relation to Star Wars or so?

If I were to buy a second PS4 do I need a second PS+ account or can I use one account for both consoles?

You can use one PS+ account on both consoles and be online at the same time. All you need is two user accounts.

We have ours set up like this:

Console 1 is our original console and has a user account for both Flink and me. The PS+ account is linked to Flink's name. This is Flink's console.

Console 2 is our newer one, and is my console. We have again set up two user accounts, same as the original console. However, for me to be able to access the PS+ games, we had to activate this as the primary account in Flink's account. This means that the PS+ games/DLC are now shared on this console and I can access them.

However I can no longer access them on Console 1. If I want to use Console 1, I have to deactivate the primary setting on Console 2 in Flink's account, then activate it again on Console 1. So just a case of swapping the primary setting over from one to the other.

If you want a video to explain it, I think we used the following one:

Hope that helps! :)

thanks for the advice... now does anybody know where I can get the PS4 + Fifa bundle for £150. My son wants FIFA so it would be mad not to get the bundle for that price.

thanks for the advice... now does anybody know where I can get the PS4 + Fifa bundle for £150. My son wants FIFA so it would be mad not to get the bundle for that price.

Its finished now. I think the promotion was only for a few days.

Good news Bethesda re-announced the mods for Skyrim and FO4. Bad news it's very limited and requires in-game assets to make mods.

Started playing Virginia yesterday. Really enjoying the general atmosphere and film-like jump cuts. Anyone else given it a try yet?

Edited by Ashley

Started playing Virginia yesterday. Really enjoying the general atmosphere and film-like jump cuts. Anyone else given it a try yet?

Played through it in a 2 hour session. Brilliant game, although a bit confusing at times. Definitely one of the best indie games I've played, at least in terms of atmosphere and style.

Yeah it's confusing but I'm fine with that. It's a nice change rather than being spoon fed stuff.

Played and finished it myself early last week and like both Goafer and yourself, I really enjoyed the game. I really liked the way in which the pieces of the narrative are presented and you're left to come to your conclusion about what's happened/happening along certain avenues, I think the cuts really helped lend itself to that way of presenting a story.

I'm still confused as to what's happened in the end, I have my ideas which I've pieced together but I think the uncertainty over concrete events is part of what makes the game as good as it is. Sure, there's not a lot to interact with but it's one of those things where it's the interaction with your mind outside of the screen that creates the engrossing experience.

But yeah, great little title there.

The PSN speeds really are a joke. I don't have a great connection as it is but if I leave a game downloading overnight on Steam I'll usually have about 10 gigs done by morning. I left Transformers downloading on my PS4 and got 4.5 gigs done.