NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Two words - Moon Cresta

I spent so much of my youth playing this in arcades, with this and picking up PGA for £6.99 on the PS store my PS4 is getting so Ferret love right now.

Now if only @dazzybee would man up and give me a rematch on Fifa.

Two words - Moon Cresta

I spent so much of my youth playing this in arcades, with this and picking up PGA for £6.99 on the PS store my PS4 is getting so Ferret love right now.

Now if only @dazzybee would man up and give me a rematch on Fifa.

Ha, after the demolition I gave you last time I really don't think it's me running scared :) Pick a night and I'll be there!

Ha, after the demolition I gave you last time I really don't think it's me running scared :) Pick a night and I'll be there!

I'm generally on the PS4 later in the evening, probably when you're on milk and/or nappy duty. If you see me online hook me up. And for the record I let you win as Ferret Jnr was watching and I didn't want him to see his beloved Spurs take a pasting, especially so soon after we ripped the title out of your hands. ;-)

@Tales I've seen you play Oceanhorn, what's it like? It looks like a Zelda clone. Is it decent?

After Ratchet & Clank I'm looking for a new indie game to play and this is on my radar.

Edited by drahkon

To say it's a Zelda clone(WW especially) is probably a slight understatement, although in a good way. Only played an hour so far but it looks like it could be quite fun. I will get back to you when I have played some more.

Oceanhorn is literally just Zelda, but worse in every way. There's not a single thing in the game where you can say, well, it's Zelda, but at least it does this one thing in a way that makes it worth playing. No, it's just The Wind Waker, but with worse combat, graphics, puzzles and story.

The only way I could see it being worth playing is if you've never played a Zelda game and don't know any better.

Edited by Magnus

@Hero\-of\-Time you're playing Oceanhorn right now. Care to chime in with some thoughts on this? :D

@Hero\-of\-Time you're playing Oceanhorn right now. Care to chime in with some thoughts on this? :D

It seems to be a nice, charming, little game. It's totally a more basic Zelda but I'm very much enjoying it. :D

Good to hear :)

I'll probably get it later this month. : peace:

Edit: But I just found Dragon Quest Heroes (Day One Edition) for 20€ on Amazon.de. It's not in stock, though...Which one should I get? Probably Dragon Quest as Oceanhorn is more likely to get a discount later this year.

Edited by drahkon

It kind of annoys me that your trophies don't sync unless you check them.

If i open the PS app on my phone and check out my trophies, it won't show the most recent ones unless i first open the Trophies tab on the PS4 and let it sync. Is this a bug with mine, or is that the same with everyone?

Good to hear :)

I'll probably get it later this month. : peace:

Edit: But I just found Dragon Quest Heroes (Day One Edition) for 20€ on Amazon.de. It's not in stock, though...Which one should I get? Probably Dragon Quest as Oceanhorn is more likely to get a discount later this year.

Dragon Quest.

Didn't expect a different answer from you :laughing:

I'd also say Dragon Quest.

Oceanhorn is a great little game ( woke up at half 4, couldn't get back to sleep so immediately jumped back on the game ) but with it being an indie game there's always the possibility that it will end up on PS+ one month.

Dragon Quest will keep you busy for a while, is a fun platinum to get ( if a little grindy ), looks fantastic and has that no brainer, hack n slash gameplay that's easy to get into but hard to master for the later challenges.

I can't wait for the sequel. I thought we were getting it this year but it doesn't look to be the case. :(

I'll probably go for Dragon Quest, but will wait until it's back in stock with Amazon.de.

Dragon Quest will keep you busy for a while, is a fun platinum to get ( if a little grindy ), looks fantastic and has that no brainer, hack n slash gameplay that's easy to get into but hard to master for the later challenges.

...Well, it's basically everything I'm in the mood for right now :D I just ordered it via the Amazon.de marketplace for the same price Amazon offers it.

Anyone else looking forward to Sony's TGS conference tomorrow? Anyone? Bueller? Frye? :D

Last years showing was great and i'll certainly be tuning in tomorrow morning to see this years offerings.

I'm looking forward to it, TGS should be the exciting software to build from last week's hardware reveals.

I agree Persona 5 should have a good push, it's being pushed massively over here alongside the slim, pack-ins as well as featuring alongside it in the advertising.

Anyone else looking forward to Sony's TGS conference tomorrow?
Guessing there will be Yakuza stuff shown, in which case I'm looking forward to it. :D

Actually, I'd love to see more of the next Everybody's Golf game too.

And I guess it's now or never for that Tokyo Jungle sequel rumour...

Please be true. :hehe:

Actually, I'd love to see more of the next Everybody's Golf game too.

Have you played the tennis games from the series? The PS2 one is launching this week on PS4 via the classics range and by all accounts it's a fantastic game.

Just as long as TLG isn't delayed...

I already knew

Daft confirming a delay, then?

I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as the game has missed stuff like the PAX shows, hasn't been seen in a while and the team has been very silent about the whole thing.

Have you played the tennis games from the series? The PS2 one is launching this week on PS4 via the classics range and by all accounts it's a fantastic game.

I used to play the PSP version of Everybody's Tennis on my Vita, really liked it.

Daft confirming a delay, then?

I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as the game has missed stuff like the PAX shows, hasn't been seen in a while and the team has been very silent about the whole thing.

Haha! What timing.

An Update on The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian development team is fast approaching major milestones in production and has made the tough decision to delay the release of The Last Guardian a few weeks. The Last Guardian will launch on December 6, 2016.

Fumito Ueda (gen Design) and Japan Studio have a wonderful vision for The Last Guardian’s touching, emotional journey of friendship and trust, and we want to deliver the most polished experience possible for our fans who have supported us for so long. A delay is a difficult decision, particularly with this game, but we have encountered more bugs than anticipated while in the final stages of development. To ensure that The Last Guardian delivers on the experience that the game’s creators have envisioned, we need to take the extra time to work on those issues.

Our development continues to push itself to the fullest and we look forward to revealing new content toward launch.

We appreciate your continued support.

Timing worked out perfectly. Ha

Honestly, we've waited how many years already? What's a few more months?

I haven't.

Will take a look at it though, cheers. :)

So I boot up the PS4 for the first time in a week and a bit and i see these notificaitons for communities that I haven't joined. "Indian Trophy Hunters" "GTA Role Playing" and a spanish rainbow six community...when I look at the front page of these communities they just say "join this community" and so on. Why am I getting notifications for comments in communities that i'm not even a member of?