NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

It looks quite nice, i'm keen to see what they price it at though.

What I don't understand is how it made its way outside of Sony and onto Gumtree for someone to buy. I could understand if a factory worker leaked pictures but for someone to have a full retail ready console before it's even announced is crazy.

It looks quite nice, i'm keen to see what they price it at though.

What I don't understand is how it made its way outside of Sony and onto Gumtree for someone to buy. I could understand if a factory worker leaked pictures but for someone to have a full retail ready console before it's even announced is crazy.

Apparently it's been in retail chains for weeks now. It looks as though it will be announced officially at the PlayStation meeting and then made available straight after.

Since all videos are being taken down, the controller has slightly revised greys and you can see a part of the light bar through the touch pad, which is pretty cool because it means you can actually see your own colour.... Wonder if it has a better battery life and more durable analogue sticks.

Ugh. Fuck that lightbar. I play in dark rooms, and on the lowest setting its still blindingly bright.

Ugh. Fuck that lightbar. I play in dark rooms, and on the lowest setting its still blindingly bright.

Yours must be very bright because I barely notice the light on my DS4...it doesn't even reach a wall that is more than 50cm away.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/23/playstation-now-coming-to-pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/

PS Now announced for PC. Also a wireless dongle for PC and Mac users to use the Dualshock wirelessly .

Btw if you're looking at this right now and thinking "perfect, I've always wanted a DS4 wireless dongle, how soon can I depart with my $25?", then you should know that a <£1 bluetooth dongle does the job fine with some free third party software.

It's not that crazy really. Even before Sega went officially multiplatform they had PC games. Remember PC is not a "platform", the way it is with a console, you don't need to adhere to someone else's license requirements (except the usual engines/APIs etc but that's not going in the pockets of competitors) to release your PC applications.

Pretty surreal to think that there's now an official way to play Playstation games on PC! How long until we get Playstation Now on Xbox One/NX? ;)

Just before Nintendo go third party ;)

Got an email the other day, PSplus is raising its price $60/year $25/ 3 months. I haven't looked exactly, but I haven't really seen this mentioned elsewhere.

I was watching random video game videos on YouTube yesterday and came across a guy's channel that has some great content on it. He recently posted a video showcasing what games are coming to the PS4 between now and the start of next year.

Crazy amount of games, with a nice variety on genres going on, as well.

with a nice variety on genres going on

But...nah, I won't go there. :p

happy-lurking.gif

Overwatch are doing a free weekend for PS4 players from Sept 9-12 (will start at 7pm BST). I encourage everyone to check it out! It's a lot of fun and, at least while competitive mode is active, there'll nearly always be a few of us on there.

Details

Edited by Shorty

The "What's New" section on my PS4 hasn't updated since July 1st. I remember someone else having this problem. Was it you @Hero\-of\-Time? Did you manage to fix it?

The "What's New" section on my PS4 hasn't updated since July 1st. I remember someone else having this problem. Was it you @Hero\-of\-Time? Did you manage to fix it?

Yeah, it was me. Sadly I can't offer any advice as mine just randomly fixed itself not long after I complained about it on here. Maybe yours will be fixed now that you've done the same. :D

@Dr\. bob even with the Beta Firmware update the What's New section is buggy as hell.

It updates whenever it feels like it. The last time it updated for me was yesterday and now it shows me stuff from very early August (5th of August)...

I think Sony has gotten a lot of messages about how shitty it is :D Hopefully they're working on it.

Yeah, I didn't really register it as being broken for a while, I just thought @Cube really liked playing Gravity Rush.

Yeah, I didn't really register it as being broken for a while, I just thought @Cube really liked playing Gravity Rush.

Well, I do. I just haven't played it since completing it 100%.

Freedom Planet is heading to the PS4.

LINK

I've played it a bit on Steam and whilst the momentum is a bit odd (You can walk up verticle walls), as a game, it's a tonne of fun. Would totally double dip and play it fully.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Been playing the plus game Rebel Galaxy. It's a lot of fun once you get a decent ship. I wouldn't say the game is better but there are some stuff in the game it does better than No Man's Sky, like battles and missions.

14257543_10208825074437872_4398241162244627543_o.jpg

14258175_10208825073597851_1818974867620504873_o.jpg

14242215_10208825073637852_2408266701262575452_o.jpg

14257711_10208825073517849_3047980889830147791_o.jpg