NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Is there another PGA Tour coming out this year, or if not when is it coming out? Seems like EA have fallen out of love with golf.

There doesn't seem to be a new one coming out this year. I think when they announced the last PGA game they said it wouldn't be a yearly franchise like FIFA or Madden. There was an update for it May, though. This added a few more tournaments to career mode.

There doesn't seem to be a new one coming out this year. I think when they announced the last PGA game they said it wouldn't be a yearly franchise like FIFA or Madden. There was an update for it May, though. This added a few more tournaments to career mode.

Have you got it and is it any good. I heard it was severely lacking in content.

I'm sure I saw it second hand cheap in GAME so may take a punt if there is nothing else on the horizon.

A bi-annual update is far more sensible, it's a complete piss take releasing a new FIFA every year when they could easily update the kits and rosters with updates.

Have you got it and is it any good. I heard it was severely lacking in content.

I'm sure I saw it second hand cheap in GAME so may take a punt if there is nothing else on the horizon.

A bi-annual update is far more sensible, it's a complete piss take releasing a new FIFA every year when they could easily update the kits and rosters with updates.

Nah. I have no interest in realistic golf games. You just asked about it so I done a quick search for you. :D

Apparently Everybody's Golf is coming out this year and for me, this is the only golf game you need.

Trying to get the Platinum for Plague Inc. Evolved is proving to be much more difficult than I thought.

There are lots of trophies which require you to get certain combos (e.g. Projectile Vomit requires the symptoms coughing and vomiting). I've managed to figure out most of them by myself but two I had to look up. Even following guides these two just won't pop. :blank: Either every guide on the internet is wrong or the trophies are glitched...a lot of people have the trophies unlocked, though. ::shrug:

Even if you have unlocked the respective symtomps, it's pretty random if the combo happens or not. You just have try over and over.

Well, after trying 20 times for each of the combos I'm not sure if it's working right, especially when every other combo worked on my first try.

Edit: I got all the combo trophies...took a lot of attempts. Maybe just bad luck :D

Now there are some trophies left which require me to finish games in certain ways. Looking forward to figuring them out :)

Plague Inc. Evolved is a perfect example for how trophies (if you like to get them) increase the replayability of a game immensely.

Edited by drahkon

Nice for those who don't already have a PS4, I wondered how long it would take for a revision to come out.

Just like the Xbox One revision though, I intend to keep my original machine for as long as possible. :)

I also think the original design is better personally, this new model looks... cheaper, but then I suppose that's the point. ;)

Should net Sony a few - million - more sales though, I wonder if it makes games perform ever so slightly better as well, an extra three or five frames perhaps? Again unintentionally like the Xbox One newer model, nothing game-changing though.

I'd be willing to bite if it offered 4K service like the One S. That's only because I'm debating a 4K tv though. If that doesn't happen neither will either slim console.

Looks like they made it smaller and should be interesting to see what cost savings have they made. Looks great for the mainstream entry model. More like an Apple Tv type design mixed with the PS4.

It's realistic looking, but I can't help but think if someone really had one of these what's stopping them taking loads of pics, a video of it booting up etc.

For me PS4 really needs a USB port on the back, can't stand the headphone dongle constantly being there.

I changed my mind. After looking at a few more pics it looks pretty legit.

EG has taken down the video after seeking legal advice.

Shit son.

Having never bought any of the original models, I picked up a PS One for about £35 with several games, a slim PS2 for £40 (partly to use as a DVD player in my bedroom) and a PS3 Super Slim for £99 (again with the bonus of also using it for DVDs and on-demand services in the living room) so there's always a chance that I'll pick up the PS4 revision at some point when the price is impossible to refuse :smile:

By that time, there may be a few games on the system to entice me such as Uncharted 4, Shenmue 3 and hopefully a few others :heh:

When I first read that post I thought you brought all those consoles at the same time.

When I first read that post I thought you brought all those consoles at the same time.

Haha.. sorry :heh: I got them all at different points throughout the last decade!

Since all videos are being taken down, the controller has slightly revised greys and you can see a part of the light bar through the touch pad, which is pretty cool because it means you can actually see your own colour.... Wonder if it has a better battery life and more durable analogue sticks.

There seems to still be a video still live embedded in this article...

http://www.vg247.com/2016/08/23/ps4-slim-take-a-closer-look-at-the-console-and-the-new-dualshock-4-controller-in-this-unboxing-video/

...Until it's probably taken down as well. :indeed:

On closer inspection it doesn't look too bad, I still prefer the original, no light bar on the console in this revision - it's underneath the moved power button instead - though the extended light bar in the controller is a nice touch. :)

6TYaMHY.gif

I thought they removed the slant for the slim but its there! Couldn't tell with the usual bad quality leak pictures. Its 2016 how hard is it?