NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

No they don't. I've never used them, not once, never opened, and they're always on my main bar, taking over games I have played and such. It's beyond stupid and irritating, but it's there!!

Dunno what's going on your PS4 but Somme is right. TV and Video are always front and center on mine due to me using SKY all the time. Up next are all the games I'm currently playing. Things like Live from Playstation, Playstation Now and Capture Gallery are at the far right, with some not even being seen at all.

Clearly you need to play some games to push these things along. :D

Either way, it needed folders... as the UI just looked cluttered and shit. My WiiU UI looks infinitely better!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the WiiU's UI is like a bombshell, but she's dumb (good looking but slow).

The PS4's is like her ugly but intelligent sister (looks a mess but is quick).

At least with folders the PS4 UI can be cleaned up and put in a nicely viewable manner... like Rachel Riley, fit as fuck and intelligent to boot!

What an analogy! :D

Dunno what's going on your PS4 but Somme is right. TV and Video are always front and center on mine due to me using SKY all the time. Up next are all the games I'm currently playing. Things like Live from Playstation, Playstation Now and Capture Gallery are at the far right, with some not even being seen at all.

Haha, I've never opened them so even I've played enough to push them along, I'll have another look but I'm absolutely certain they're there!

I don't understand the need for folders whatsoever. Your games are already kept in a folder - the library - which already has sorting options. If you played a game yesterday, it's going to appear closer to the front of your bar anyway. If you haven't played a game in months but it's disappeared off your bar, it takes mere seconds to go into the library and get the game.

I'm glad it's there for people who want it, but I find the need for it really baffling. Unless you play or are currently playing dozens of games, in which case I could maybe understand it.

I actually really dislike the Wii U's UI. The square icons, the texture, the bubble overlay on a selected one, the fact elements don't line up*...it's all just visually unappealing and outdated.

PS4's is at least crisper and I'm actually a fan of the Metro design, but maybe because it uses colour well.

* Just look at this. The avatar, icon rows, paginator, arrow and gamepad/tv button all have their own vertical and/or horizontal alignments, there's just no consistency. There's five columns of icons and five icons at the bottom but they don't line up. WHYYYY. In isolation it would/might work, but with everything else it just adds up to a giant bloody mess.

The same thing must be happening on my PS4 then, because like dazzybee I've never used any of the TV & Video stuff, yet it always seems to be among the first few items in the list. ::shrug:

And I definitely play enough games to push it along. ;):heh:

I just ignore it, but it would be nice if there was a way to permanently remove the icon, seeing as I have no intention of ever using that stuff. :hmm:

Should make the home page less of a mess

Edited by Ike
Don't just repost a deleted post.

Don't just repost a deleted post.

Why on earth was it deleted??? I just assumed I hadn't hit the post button or something. What was wrong with claiming it's taken three updates to get a basic feature like folders.

Why on earth was it deleted??? I just assumed I hadn't hit the post button or something. What was wrong with claiming it's taken three updates to get a basic feature like folders.

You know exactly why.

The same thing must be happening on my PS4 then, because like dazzybee I've never used any of the TV & Video stuff, yet it always seems to be among the first few items in the list. ::shrug:

And I definitely play enough games to push it along. ;):heh:

I just ignore it, but it would be nice if there was a way to permanently remove the icon, seeing as I have no intention of ever using that stuff. :hmm:

Very strange. I'm assuming it must be a glitch or something, much like when my What's New section stopped updating. The icons definitely should be getting pushed along the screen as you play different games.

@Ashley... I prefer that look ::shrug:

Oh each their own obviously. Made me want to do a blog post comparing each of them though... As if I don't have enough to do, I should stop giving myself work.

Either way, it needed folders... as the UI just looked cluttered and shit. My WiiU UI looks infinitely better!

Was going a bit deeper into the PS4 the other day to get to stuff I hadn't used for a while, and I did think to myself how much I prefer the sort of WiiU grid setup and wouldn't have minded that on PS4 myself! Definitely would take the PS4's speed and swiftness over it, though.

Very strange. I'm assuming it must be a glitch or something, much like when my What's New section stopped updating. The icons definitely should be getting pushed along the screen as you play different games.
Yeah, only the really recent games I've played (so at the moment it's Gravity Rush, ABZÛ and Ultratron) are at the beginning of the list, then it's the TV & Video thing and Capture Gallery, and then it's recent games again, Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 etc...

So either it's a glitch like you say, or it's an intentional thing by Sony to try and push that multimedia stuff. :hehe:

Just installed the firmware beta.

What's New is fucking hideous, folders are unnecessary (at least for me, there is absolutely no use in sorting the games because the games you play most are readily available and starting up a game from the library takes a few seconds max), the quick menu is much faster (and it's customisable!) and the whole UI seems slightly faster but not sure if it really is.

Edit:

What's New:

D7cspz6.jpg

Horrible...HORRIBLE...

This, however, I welcome:

lBD6lpg.jpg

Will make them trophy hunts much more comfortable. @Hero\-of\-Time :D

Edited by drahkon

I dont think Folders are that important either but it certainly help imo. Certain stuff can be put in Folders for me freeing up the main 15 stuff by bar. Will test soon. Any negative effects on games such as Overwatch?

Any negative effects on games such as Overwatch?

Only played Rocket League and No Man's Sky and had no issues at all.

Actually I have nothing negative to report except for that ugly What's New section :D

Ooh the update have 8 different time lengths options for recording from 30 seconds to 1 hour.

After a long break from Plague Inc. Evolved I tried to beat Simian Flu on Mega Brutal again.

Took quite some time but I did it : peace: Every disease completed on Mega Brutal. Now it's time for the scenarios and trophy hunting. :)

I don't understand the need for folders whatsoever. Your games are already kept in a folder - the library - which already has sorting options. If you played a game yesterday, it's going to appear closer to the front of your bar anyway. If you haven't played a game in months but it's disappeared off your bar, it takes mere seconds to go into the library and get the game.

I'm glad it's there for people who want it, but I find the need for it really baffling. Unless you play or are currently playing dozens of games, in which case I could maybe understand it.

But what if you don't want all your games in one folder? What not be able to segment them - COMPLETED, CURRENTLY PLAYING, or via genres, or PSN and RETAIL etc. Also, the library has demos and games I never ever want to see again! THat's why Wii U UI is perfect, can decide how many screens are, IU have folders for NES, SNES etc etc Just a great way to manage your content and see it how you want, rather than being forced in one way, especially when you hate that one way, makes it more annoying!

Was going a bit deeper into the PS4 the other day to get to stuff I hadn't used for a while, and I did think to myself how much I prefer the sort of WiiU grid setup and wouldn't have minded that on PS4 myself! Definitely would take the PS4's speed and swiftness over it, though.

Yeah this!! Wii U UI with speed and options of PS4 is the absolute perfect mix!

I think the conclusion we can come to is it's better to have the option than not.

I think you should be able to pin a few apps – like three – to the top bar. I can't say I'm that fussed but the option would be nice.

Also, the library has demos and games I never ever want to see again!

rYgwiyP.jpg

With the next update the library only shows what games you currently have on your HD.

In the "purchased" list you see everything you've purchased (duh), i.e. games+DLC and demos.

This and folders should make you stop complaining :p

rYgwiyP.jpg

With the next update the library only shows what games you currently have on your HD.

In the "purchased" list you see everything you've purchased (duh), i.e. games+DLC and demos.

This and folders should make you stop complaining :p

It's a start :D

Great. News though!!

But what if you don't want all your games in one folder? What not be able to segment them - COMPLETED, CURRENTLY PLAYING, or via genres, or PSN and RETAIL etc. Also, the library has demos and games I never ever want to see again! THat's why Wii U UI is perfect, can decide how many screens are, IU have folders for NES, SNES etc etc Just a great way to manage your content and see it how you want, rather than being forced in one way, especially when you hate that one way, makes it more annoying!

I still don't really see the point. If you're currently playing something, it'll appear at the front of the bar anyway. If you completed it, it'll get pushed back by the stuff you're playing. I don't really see what the point would be to distinguish between which games are retail and which games are PSN either. But, you'll get the folder soon, so you'll have the choice. Whatever makes you happy! :heh:

Is there another PGA Tour coming out this year, or if not when is it coming out? Seems like EA have fallen out of love with golf.