NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Make all of these, give them all physical releases as well and I'll buy them, I'd much rather experience the entire series on PS4 if possible but then again, if it's only a possibility and will take a good year or two in order to remaster them/spread out the releases then I may well just play through the series as it stands now.

I think this would be a good move for Sega either way, imagine if they decided to make a remastered boxset of the entire series. :love: (You'd buy it as well, right @RedShell?) ;)

Is anyone else having issues with the Whats New section on their PS4? Mine hasn't updated for a month now. I've tried rebuilding the database but it still hasn't fixed the problem. It's very annoying. :mad:

You'd buy it as well, right @RedShell? ;)
Undoubtedly. :grin:

Is anyone else having issues with the Whats New section on their PS4? Mine hasn't updated for a month now. I've tried rebuilding the database but it still hasn't fixed the problem. It's very annoying. :mad:
Not been on my PS4 for a while, but I did notice that section wasn't updating like it used to the last few times I was on.

Will have another look later on today.

@Hero\-of\-Time, just took a look at the What's New section on mine, seems fine. Has also updated OK since I've been online.

Your one still stuck?

Mine works, but I noticed the latest update was 22th of July.

@Hero\-of\-Time, just took a look at the What's New section on mine, seems fine. Has also updated OK since I've been online.

Your one still stuck?

Yeah, still stuck. It last updated on July 7th.

Mine works, but I noticed the latest update was 22th of July.
Yeah, still stuck. It last updated on July 7th.
Weird. Just refreshed mine again and got new trophy updates from Ganepark32 and Lostmario, both of which are from today. ::shrug:

I'm guessing there's always a slight delay to this, but if the latest stuff you're getting is days/weeks ago then something else must be up. :hmm:

Strangely, after a month of being knackered, the thing decided to work last night. Bizarre.

While that is fixed ( for the moment ) the messaging app on my phone now doesn't work properly. The thing doesn't update who is online unless I manually click on everyones name individually.

Sony giveth and Sony taketh away. :D

Report: Sony to Reveal Upgraded PlayStation 4 in September

Sony will reveal the first details on an upgraded PlayStation 4 at a September 7 event in New York, French gaming website Gameblog reported today. VICE Gaming can confirm that it's heard the same information from multiple sources familiar with the planned rollout for the new machine. These sources chose to remain anonymous because they are not authorised to speak publicly about Sony's plans.

The upgraded PlayStation 4, which I first reported on back on in March for Kotaku, has the internal codename "Neo". (Sony's VR project was codenamed "Morpheus", and both are references to the sci-fi movie The Matrix). It's unclear what it will be called when the hardware is formally released, though some developers have nicknamed it the "PlayStation 4.5".

Just prior to E3 this year, Sony confirmed the existence of an upgraded PS4 to the Financial Times,revealing it was "intended to sit alongside and complement the standard PS4" and that every PS4 game would continue to run on the current hardware. The company didn't comment on the technical upgrades, though Giant Bomb reported in April it would feature an upgrade CPU, GPU, and more RAM.

One source, who chose to remain anonymous, described the upcoming event as a "technical showcase". As recently as a few weeks ago, Sony was still nailing down what would actually be shown.

Another source indicated to VICE Gaming that finalised development kits would be sent to developers around the same time.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/report-sony-to-unveil-upgraded-playstation-4-in-september

Here's what the up and coming update will change.

UI Refresh

We’ve made a lot of adjustments and improvements to PS4’s main user interface. That includes some changes you may notice right away, like new system backgrounds and a revised What’s New tab, to smaller changes like updated popup notifications and redesigned system icons. As a whole, it all adds up to a more refined and easy to use UI. The overall look and feel of the UI remains the same — it just has a fresh coat of paint.

Quick Menu

As you know, pressing and holding the PS button on your DualShock 4 brings up the Quick Menu. We’ve overhauled this menu to make it faster and easier to use. One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely.

We’ve added several new items to the Quick Menu, letting you quickly get info without having to back to the home screen. You can see the online status of your friends, and shortcuts to quickly access your Party, Favorite Groups, Communities, and more. You can also customize the Quick Menu, removing or adding items as you see fit.

Share Menu

We’ve given a similar overhaul to the Share Menu, which appears once you press the Share button on your DualShock 4. Like the Quick Menu, it only covers a portion of the screen. It will save the last social network you shared video clips or screenshots to, making the process of sharing a screenshot or video a bit faster and more streamlined.

You can also upload longer video clips to Twitter (was 10 seconds, now up to 140 seconds).

Folders and Library Organization

One of the big requests we get is for more options to organize content on PS4. With this update, we’re adding functionality to create folders on PS4’s content launcher and Library. This will help collect your favorite games and select apps in one place for quick and easy access.

We’re also making some pretty big changes to the Library. We’ve added a new tab called Purchased, which will show all of the content you own — games, applications, demos, and betas you’ve participated in. As a result, the Games and Applications tabs focus on content currently installed on your system. This should help de-clutter your library, and make it faster to find the content you’re looking for.

There are some new sorting tools for your Library as well. You’ll be able to sort content by purchase date or install status, and search for specific games and apps via text input.

Trophy Improvements

This update brings the ability to view the Trophy offline. You’ll see a new “offline mode” option if your system is unable to connect to the network, letting you view your entire Trophy collection without an Internet connection.

We’ve also added a button that will let you view the content of a Hidden Trophy. The Trophy will still be hidden by default, but you can now choose to show the Trophy name and info.

Lastly, we’re changing the icons that show how rare a Trophy is. Instead of four boxes that fill, the icon looks like a pyramid with the ultra-rare Trophies at the top.

User Profile

We’ve updated the look of the User Profile, making it easier to see relevant info for a player at-a-glance. For instance, you can now see your Trophy progress compared with another player right from their profile. You can also add a background image to your own profile — perhaps a screenshot you took in one of your favorite games.

The update has even more features that won’t be available in the beta, so stay tuned for additional info on what to expect. We’ll be back with more info on 4.00, including its launch date, in the coming weeks.

You happy, @dazzybee? :D

The greatest gaming revolution since the d-pad...!

(not at all bothered about folders, rest of it looks quite cool though)

This update brings the ability to view the Trophy offline.

Awesome, I was wishing for this just yesterday.

The best news here is that opening up the PS menu while in-game (or clicking the share button) will not take up the whole screen. Not bothered by folders, but the non-downloaded content organisation sounds good.

Here's what the up and coming update will change.

You happy, @dazzybee? :D

DELIGHTED :D

Now I just want them to stop forcing the media channels - music, video, now etc to the front and I'll be even happier!!!!

Told you so.

Edit: That wasn't meant to sound smug or anything. I'm just glad you got the feature you wanted.

Edited by Daft

Now I just want them to stop forcing the media channels - music, video, now etc to the front and I'll be even happier!!!!

I don't get this. They only move to the front if you use them. And if you use them regularly enough for them to be at the front then surely it's handy?

One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely.

20160815-ps4-07.jpg

Um, OK then.

Um, OK then.

At first I thought how silly it was that you barely see any of the screen in that second pic.

Looking closer, it seems like the tickboxes are for indicating what you want to show on this mini window (notice that the things that are ticked all appear on the left hand side of the screen too).

So once you've selected the things you want, I don't think you'll see that big window again.

I don't get this. They only move to the front if you use them. And if you use them regularly enough for them to be at the front then surely it's handy?

No they don't. I've never used them, not once, never opened, and they're always on my main bar, taking over games I have played and such. It's beyond stupid and irritating, but it's there!!

I haven't used any of those services in months and not once have I seen them in my quick list.