NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

they are both links

Ah I didn't realise that.

The 2tb drive I used was a samsung drive that comes in a seagate enclosure. The benefit of this is you can put the old 500GB drive back in it, reformat it and you have a 500GB usb 3 drive spare. Also it only costs £59 on argos.

I'm not sure the speed difference from a hybrid drive will be worth it. If you install/download a few games you can fill up space realy quick. Even if it takes a couple of years to fill that space, do you really want to change drive again down the line? Personally I would go for the more futureproof option of more space.

they are both links

The 2tb drive I used was a samsung drive that comes in a seagate enclosure. The benefit of this is you can put the old 500GB drive back in it, reformat it and you have a 500GB usb 3 drive spare. Also it only costs £59 on argos.

I'm not sure the speed difference from a hybrid drive will be worth it. If you install/download a few games you can fill up space realy quick. Even if it takes a couple of years to fill that space, do you really want to change drive again down the line? Personally I would go for the more futureproof option of more space.

Is that a current £59 on Argos? Would pick that up for the saving(again not even worried if I have to fuck the case/caddy up, but obvs would try not to). Has you link for me plz(so I know it's the right one that will fit the ps4)?

Is that a current £59 on Argos? Would pick that up for the saving(again not even worried if I have to fuck the case/caddy up, but obvs would try not to). Has you link for me plz(so I know it's the right one that will fit the ps4)?

@Rummy I can't seem to link to it because their site's playing up for me, but I reckon you can add it to your basket from here:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerm/seagate+2tb.htm

It's the only £59.99 option on that page, worth saying I've never seen it at any other price. It's a revised model from the one I got (probably the same one that @Fierce_LiNk bought though?) but I it will work the same, just an aesthetic change.

Edit: same price on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468412581&sr=8-2

@Rummy I can't seem to link to it because their site's playing up for me, but I reckon you can add it to your basket from here:

It's the only £59.99 option on that page, worth saying I've never seen it at any other price. It's a revised model from the one I got (probably the same one that @Fierce_LiNk bought though?) but I it will work the same, just an aesthetic change.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468412581&sr=8-2

Yeah I asked cos I searched but when I click for the 2TB Seagate portable it takes me to the video games/consoles page rather than description! Reviews don't work either! Weird and annoying!

EDIT: Click and collected to pay at one inside local Sainsbury's on way home from work! Will double-check model numbers etc once I get it before cannibalising the drive case.

Edited by Rummy

Yeah I asked cos I searched but when I click for the 2TB Seagate portable it takes me to the video games/consoles page rather than description! Reviews don't work either! Weird and annoying!

EDIT: Click and collected to pay at one inside local Sainsbury's on way home from work! Will double-check model numbers etc once I get it before cannibalising the drive case.

Edited by Rummy

Looks the same as the one that I bought.

It's a bit of a motherbitch to get the case off, but it's only a few minutes of headache for months and months (years even) of piece of mind. No danger of running out of space anytime soon.

Seriously, to anyone here, you will rinse through 1TB like there's no tomorrow. When you add up all of the PS+ games, the install sizes of your disc based software, patches, update, dlc...both 1TB and 500GB are too small.

The fucking Fungus in Plague Inc. Evolved on mega brutal difficulty can suck my nuts.

Just wanted to get it out of my system.

Seriously, to anyone here, you will rinse through 1TB like there's no tomorrow. When you add up all of the PS+ games, the install sizes of your disc based software, patches, update, dlc...both 1TB and 500GB are too small.

This is true...

I have around 400GB of games currently installed on my PS4 with its 2TB HDD - which only ever reads as a 1.76TB size anyway - which isn't even including half of the Plus games I have accumulated, because I only install the ones from library that I'm likely to play soon - ha! that's a joke in itself, so many games to get through... - :heh: and I mostly buy disc versions of games where possible.

Out of all of the disc games I own which is now around 40... I have only even installed about 10... :blush:

Even out of all of those 10 installed games I have only completed 3 from start to finish. :red:

In my library there are over one hundred items, so minus the 10 installed disc games, that's still 90 playstation Plus titles in addition to others I have downloaded, just on my PS4.

And I just bought a load of games in the last day of the Playstation Store sale on my PS4 & PS3.

It seems that now my issue isn't space but rather more actually playing the games and making an effort to complete them. ::shrug:

Perhaps it would be best to start playing one of these games tonight... but then again, Monster Hunter Generations will likely be arriving tomorrow :rolleyes: so there goes most of my game time.

Clearly I have commitment issues in completing games... :hmm:

Yep its not like the PS3 where 1TB went really far. I wont rush my 2TB upgrade yet. A 1.5 option is also available very soon.

Alternatively a Desktop HDD extender for PS4 is a good option but looks ugly. A firmware update fixed the sleep issues people were having.

The fucking Fungus in Plague Inc. Evolved on mega brutal difficulty can suck my nuts.

Just wanted to get it out of my system.

Chiming in again.

I did it. Found a way to circumvent a lot of randomness that Fungus brings with it and after 7 tries the remaining random stuff didn't screw everything up : peace:

Next up: Neurax Worm on mega brutal difficulty.

Looks the same as the one that I bought.

It's a bit of a motherbitch to get the case off, but it's only a few minutes of headache for months and months (years even) of piece of mind. No danger of running out of space anytime soon.

Did you find any sort of guide for getting the case off? Gave it a brief look/attempt last night but decided against it once realising it was fiddly and I'd had maybe one or too many ciders with my mates to trust myself not to break it completely!

EDIT: Nevermind just found one on Eurogamer with a very handy video to it too. Just need to get my head around the backup process and maybe I'll give this a go on the weekend! Eurogamer guide for opening the case if anyone needs - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

Edited by Rummy

Did you find any sort of guide for getting the case off? Gave it a brief look/attempt last night but decided against it once realising it was fiddly and I'd had maybe one or too many ciders with my mates to trust myself not to break it completely!

There's a dozen or so videos on youtube about how to remove the casing. From what I remember, it was the first part that was the trickiest (actually finding the leverage to get into the casing and making that first incision). Follow one of the videos and you'll get it done in minutes.

I'd recommend you find a table or a nice flat surface to do this. I used our dining room table and just followed the video (can't seem to find the exact one, but there's tons to choose from) whilst taking my time. It's totally worth it in the end. Being able to look at your storage space and know that you've got a while before it becomes completely filled up.

Managed to eradicate all of humanity with every disease except the Simian Flu (haven't tried it, yet) on mega brutal in Plague Inc. Evolved : peace:

Some were easy (Nano Virus, Necroa Virus, Bio Weapon), some were a bit more difficult (Prion, Neurax Worm) and one was an asshole (Fungus). :laughing:

Great game. Really glad I bought it. It strikes a nice balance between casual gaming and a lot of strategy. :)

There's a dozen or so videos on youtube about how to remove the casing. From what I remember, it was the first part that was the trickiest (actually finding the leverage to get into the casing and making that first incision). Follow one of the videos and you'll get it done in minutes.

I'd recommend you find a table or a nice flat surface to do this. I used our dining room table and just followed the video (can't seem to find the exact one, but there's tons to choose from) whilst taking my time. It's totally worth it in the end. Being able to look at your storage space and know that you've got a while before it becomes completely filled up.

Definitely glad I used that vid - stuck a flathead in and was out in seconds. I broke the clips but don't care too much for that. Tbh I haven't checked the actual drive works yet though, probs should have done that at some point! Will attempt starting the upgrade process on Sunday methinks.

Well, after some slight panic and faffing about, my PS4 is now upgraded with a 2TB hard drive! : peace: Couldn't believe how easy it was, the hardest part was actually getting the screws out, as it was screwed in insanely tight *awaits innuendos...* Cheers for the advice and help though, folks!

Anyways, I went for these, in case anyone's interested:

HDD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

External HDD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KWHJT7Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well it seems to be a trend but i've just finished replacing my hard drive for the 2TB one out of the seagate expansion and began redownloading everything!

Quite a simple process really, all the screws were finger tight, the longest part was doing the system installation via USB as when i followed the link on sony's HDD replacement page for the latest system software it gave me 3.55 and let me download it.

However it didn't work, after checking its because it really prominently shows you to download HERE - only thats just the update at 280mb and not the full software which is hidden right down at the bottom in an expandable section that has a further download

it made a 10 minute job a 20min job - i really should complain to someone thats just awful isn't it :hehe:

So thanks for the recommendations guys

Looks like a couple of remastered games are heading to the PS4. Both Dead Rising and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 trophy lists have popped up on Exophase. I have fond memories of both games, especially the online co-op in MUA.

Looks like a couple of remastered games are heading to the PS4. Both Dead Rising and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 trophy lists have popped up on Exophase. I have fond memories of both games, especially the online co-op in MUA.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Awwww hell yeah! I totally loved those, still have them for my ps3

Adam Boyes is leaving Sony. :(

[TWEET]751207430881734657[/TWEET]

Here we go then. Adam Boyes didnt end up joining Johnny V but instead took over Dave Lang's role as CEO of Iron Galaxy!

[tweet]757924209343496192[/tweet]

SEGA is considering Remaking Yakuza 2, 3, 4, and 5 for PS4

The Yakuza series is no stranger to getting remastered titles. In Japan, Yakuza 1, and 2 were all remastered for the PlayStation 3 and had sold well commercially. According to a livestream that was streamed earlier this week, Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi stated that Yakuza: Kiwami has sold very well and SEGA is considering ways to remake Yakuza 2,3,4, and 5 for PlayStation 4.

Nagoshi-san did not make any promises, but it could be a possibility, given the commercial success of Yakuza: Kiwami.

http://www.seganerds.com/2016/07/31/sega-is-considering-remaking-yakuza-2-3-4-and-5-for-ps4/