NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Finished the first one of the storylines in Odin Sphere just now and it has been great fun so far. Game looks fantastic too. I played the original on PS2 but never finished it as my PS2 broke. Don't remember how the combat was different back then, but I really like it in this version.

I have played the previous Star Ocean games except number 2, although I never been particulary impressed by them. I have been thinking about getting SO5, but after having read the Gamespot review I think I'll wait and see how you and the others think of it.

Even though I pre-ordered my copy of Odin Sphere, amazon ran out of stock but have been reading reviews and watching vids, I can say the combat is a lot more interesting and more focused on combos than 'poking' enemies

then running away (still have my ps2 copy just to play on pc, though I couldn't stomach how repetitive the combat was unlike back then).

First I've really heard about Odin Sphere but it's getting some rave reviews. It's a remake right? I didn't have a PS2 so I missed a lot of games from that era.

First I've really heard about Odin Sphere but it's getting some rave reviews. It's a remake right? I didn't have a PS2 so I missed a lot of games from that era.

It's a remake but a special one in that they fixed everything that was wrong with the original, and then even included the original version of you preferred it that way.

I just finished Gravity Rush Remastered. I played it on the Vita, but I loved it even more on the PS4. The world felt so much bigger on the big screen, and it felt much more detailed.

I love the gravity gameplay, and put most of my early upgrades into shift time (I can handle low health). Until I got enough gems for most stuff. The controls also worked really well - the motion control for the camera worked wonders (for precise, quick aiming and waving it around when falling). It felt like it belonged on a home console. Dodging and sliding was much easier than on the Vita, too.

It's also the first platinum (I had a PS3 and Vita, but never platinumed a game).

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel.

I just finished Gravity Rush Remastered. I played it on the Vita, but I loved it even more on the PS4. The world felt so much bigger on the big screen, and it felt much more detailed.

I love the gravity gameplay, and put most of my early upgrades into shift time (I can handle low health). Until I got enough gems for most stuff. The controls also worked really well - the motion control for the camera worked wonders (for precise, quick aiming and waving it around when falling). It felt like it belonged on a home console. Dodging and sliding was much easier than on the Vita, too.

It's also the first platinum (I had a PS3 and Vita, but never platinumed a game).

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel.

And the hunt begins :grin:

And the hunt begins :grin:

Gravity Rush was my first platinum trophy too, except three years ago on the Vita. How time flies.

Gravity Rush was my first platinum trophy too, except three years ago on the Vita. How time flies.

Never played Gravity Rush, question is which version to play. PS4 or Vita (both on sale on PSN at the moment)

Never played Gravity Rush, question is which version to play. PS4 or Vita (both on sale on PSN at the moment)

I'd say PS4. The controls work better and it looks nicer.

I'd say PS4. The controls work better and it looks nicer.

I wouldnt be surprised if he starts his own company with John Vignocchi

Weird seeing his name as someone I loosely know (met at events years ago and remained on social media) is dating him. Had no idea what he did but just googled.

Anyway....

I wouldnt be surprised if he starts his own company with John Vignocchi

Weird seeing his name as someone I loosely know (met at events years ago and remained on social media) is dating him. Had no idea what he did but just googled.

Anyway....

Anyway....

He always seems to be punching way above his weight by dating her lol

Anyway....

He always seems to be punching way above his weight by dating her lol

Anyone know if the best/cheapest drive to get for replacing the PS4's is an external Seagate 2GB, and if so which one? Don't mind if the caddy's crap, can afford to break it for the space. Cba with all this deleting stuff to install new stuff atm. Amazed I filled the 500GB so fast.

Anyone know if the best/cheapest drive to get for replacing the PS4's is an external Seagate 2GB, and if so which one? Don't mind if the caddy's crap, can afford to break it for the space. Cba with all this deleting stuff to install new stuff atm. Amazed I filled the 500GB so fast.

This is the one I bought...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SATA-Compatible-Internal-Drive/dp/B00I8O6OQ4?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

It's about £10 cheaper than when I bought it as well, easy to install, no problems, the hardest part was taking the drive bay cover off as it feels so bloody flimsy. :p

You've reminded me though, I should get a USB caddy so I can get some of the data off the old drive which I didn't back up - I got all my saves, it's just things like P.T which is no longer available - then I may choose to use the 500GB drive as extra space on my PC at a later date. :)

This is the one I bought...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SATA-Compatible-Internal-Drive/dp/B00I8O6OQ4?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

It's about £10 cheaper than when I bought it as well, easy to install, no problems, the hardest part was taking the drive bay cover off as it feels so bloody flimsy. :p

You've reminded me though, I should get a USB caddy so I can get some of the data off the old drive which I didn't back up - I got all my saves, it's just things like P.T which is no longer available - then I may choose to use the 500GB drive as extra space on my PC at a later date. :)