NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I played it used ago on iOS, and even though my iPad still works, thought I'd double dip to get it on the big screen. Have to say it's still as addictive. KILL ALL HUMANS!

Greenland always seems to be the last country to fall - sometimes they never get infected at all.

I fail to eradicate all of humanity time and time again. :blank:

There's always one country that my disease doesn't reach at all.

I think I have to slow my runs down a bit. Use the pause button more, assess the situation and choose my mutations accordingly.

Edit: YES! Humanity is eradicated :D

I played it as "stealthily" as I could. Devolving every symptom that randomly evolved helped. The disease was found very, very late and I was able to infect everyone without a cure being developed. Then I just made RAD-1 lethal and watched as humanity died out.

Edited by drahkon

How fucking cool is Plague Inc.?

Saw @Daft and @somme play this and since I never heard about it I looked it up. Seemed like a game for me so I bought it. After my first playthrough I can say: I love it.

My first desease (RAD-1) broke out in Brazil, figured it might a good place to start. Slowly but surely I've mutated the bacterium so it could survive in hot and humid areas.

It spread to several contries in Africa, Europe and Asia.

What I didn't think of: Cold countries :( Sweden, Norway, Canada and Greenland were not infected at all until the bacterium escaped the research facility in Sweden. It was too late, though...all the hosts died but 5% of the world's population was alive and healthy.

Next time I'll make sure to infect every climate :D

Edit: Well, after starting in China and focussing on transmission, I infected every single country...but RAD-1 wasn't deadly enough. The cure was distributed when half of the world's population was dead.

Damn, killing every human being is hard :D

Yeah, I fucking love Plague Inc. I had it on my phone first but I'm never really in the mood to play on small screens.

I'm currently on the third plague, the fungus. The first time I infected everyone and then when I went lethal I couldn't do it fast enough and a cure was found. The second time I made sure I was hard to cure and jumped the gun when I went lethal before infecting everyone in the world and literally 20,000 odd people survived as the rest of the global population died and took my beloved killer fungus with it.

Third time lucky.

I'm currently on the third plague, the fungus. The first time I infected everyone and then when I went lethal I couldn't do it fast enough and a cure was found.

That's exactly how my first fungus run went :laughing: I thought that making it incredibly lethal would kill everyone fast enough, but noooooo.

Haven't tried it since, but the only logical step forward is - as you've said - make it harder to cure. : peace:

Yeah, infect everyone, devolve EVERY symptom. Make sure you are as drug resistant as possible. Play the long game. Save up DNA points until you can go instantly lethal with added Paranoia symptom.

It should be breezy.

Yeah, infect everyone, devolve EVERY symptom. Make sure you are as drug resistant as possible. Play the long game. Save up DNA points until you can go instantly lethal with added Paranoia symptom.

It should be breezy.

It was breezy. However, when going lethal I always go for coma and, if I have the necessary DNA points, for total organ failure.

The Neurax worm is awesome :D Was a lot of fun. A couple of days before extinction Argentina commenced the search for ET and banned laughing and clowns :laughing:

I love the news. Even though they become repetetive they still make me giggle quite regularly :D

Edited by drahkon

The only thing I wish was different is that the whole fighting the cure bit was a bit more pro-active. You kind of just sit there and wait to lose, occasionally scrambling your DNA.

The only thing I wish was different is that the whole fighting the cure bit was a bit more pro-active. You kind of just sit there and wait to lose, occasionally scrambling your DNA.

Yeah, you basically just make your disease harder to cure and attempt to kill everyone before a cure is found.

Everything before that point is really strategic. The end game, however, is almost only waiting.

But it's so close to the end that it's not that big of a deal.

An improvement in that area would make turn this 9/10 game into a PAX-12/10.

Also, I think the computer version has a Versus mode. Would be cool if they added that.

So glad that the PS4 thread has turned into the official chat thread for a game that originally came out in 2012 :p

They've said they're adding loads of free DLC over the next few months, with new diseases, modes, etc.

I'd quite like a random world generator - I'd quite like to infect other worlds now too.

I have to say that this Plague game sounds very interesting... I love tactical games, and this seems to be something quite original.

Would people recommend it for PS4 or laptop though (if it exists for Mac)? I feel like I need more games for my laptop but not sure where this game works best. :)

Would people recommend it for PS4 or laptop though (if it exists for Mac)? I feel like I need more games for my laptop but not sure where this game works best. :)

It's available for Mac via Steam.

I haven't played the PC/Mac version, so I can't compare. It works really well with a controller, though.

A mouse would most likely be - for lack of better term - "better" for obvious reasons.

didn't plague inc start out as a flash game? it sounds eceptionally similar to a game i played a looooong time ago, select your virus type give it stats, set country of origin, wait for doomsday

It's available for Mac via Steam.

I haven't played the PC/Mac version, so I can't compare. It works really well with a controller, though.

A mouse would most likely be - for lack of better term - "better" for obvious reasons.

Well I don't even have a mouse, just the track pad. :P

Worked well enough for Tropical 5, but then that doesn't require any quick actions/reactions.

but then that doesn't require any quick actions/reactions.

Plague Inc. doesn't either. You need to pop some "bubbles" but they stay on the screen for one or two seconds.

On PS4 the cursor automatically jumps to one when you tilt the analogue stick into its general direction.

I think it would be fine with the track pad.

#PSmasterrace

[tweet]740200823611752448[/tweet]

That's... it looks so terrible.

And it costs money??

I want it

I'm sneaking onto a friend's console and subjecting him to that the next time he boots up. Money is no barrier.

There's always one country that my disease doesn't reach at all.

Was it Madagascar??

didn't plague inc start out as a flash game? it sounds eceptionally similar to a game i played a looooong time ago, select your virus type give it stats, set country of origin, wait for doomsday

Sort of see joke above. Amazed it wasn't already referenced.

Was it Madagascar??

Never put points into Water 2 so my disease never spread to Greenland.

A mistake I haven't made since :D

Managed to beat all the plagues on normal, except for the Simian Flu which I haven't started, yet.

The Necroa Virus is awesome. Unleashing Zombies was so much fun :grin:

Edited by drahkon

Was it Madagascar??

Sort of see joke above. Amazed it wasn't already referenced.

Ahhh so it is a clone of Pandemic! i used to play that at university when i was bored