NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

So we ended up getting Diablo 3 as it's on sale right now. It's a really good game so far!

Diablo 3 is great. One of my first platinums!

Alienation is also getting local co op soon.

I see Blizzard are getting big on consoles too lol. I got the PS4 version in the last sale. Will play soon but for now Overwatch beta...

Aw crap. Apparently i was logged in as my friend when i was playing Assassin's Creed last night, so all my progress is saved to his account rather than mine. I've got to play from the beginning now.

Wank.

Local co-op is fine for single screen games like fifa but surely split screen gaming is a thing of the past.

Why? My TV is like 5 times bigger now than when i had my N64? Split screen works perfectly on it.

And what am I supposed to do when my mate comes round for some gaming? Send him home and tell him to buy a PS4 so we can play together?

Edited by 130131301364

Local co-op is fine for single screen games like fifa but surely split screen gaming is a thing of the past.

You obviously haven't played Mario Kart 8

Woot?

Awesomenauts

Divinity: Original Sin

Call of Duty Black Ops III

Mercenary Kings

Rocket League

PvZ Garden Warfare 1 and 2

Borderlands

I really don't think it's a thing of the past. Sure, it's not as abundant now as it was back then, but there are still games that offer this kind of multiplayer experience. : peace:

Trackmania Turbo is a great local multiplayer game. :awesome:

16 player hotseat mode, 4 player splitscreen and the "co-op" mode, Double Driver. :grin:

Another fantastic PS2 JRPG is on the way for the PS4.

Wild Arms 3 for PS4 launches May 17 in North America

Wild Arms 3 will launch for PlayStation 4 via PS2 emulation in North America on May 17, the latest PlayStation Blogcast reveals.

The Media Vision-developed RPG first launched for PS2 in 2002. Here’s an overview, via PlayStation.com:

Wild Arms 3 delivers everything RPG gamers expect: an in-depth storyline, puzzling dungeons & a unique battling system. Journey along with Virginia, Jet, Clive and Gallows and discover the mystery behind the Prophets to revive the memories of Filgaia. Explore dungeons to unlock secret pathways and find mythical treasures. Gun Blazing shoot-outs deliver intense cinematic battles. Wild Arms 3 embodies tried-and-true elements of a role-playing classic.

Hopefully it will launch over here on the same day over here.

Trophy List

Hey guys, just a quick question regarding PS Plus...

If there's a PS4 with multiple accounts, and only one user has PS Plus, shouldn't all users get the benefits from the Plus service? Thing is, I have a PS Plus account, and my flatmate doesn't. He's been quite happily playing Dark Souls III online since it launched. However, for some reason it's decided to block him from accessing the online features, and asking him to sign up to PS Plus. Is there any reason for this? Have Sony and/or From Software decided to block the online play, unless accounts are specifically registered with Plus?

Cheers if anyone can help!

Think you need to link your flatmate's account to your PS Plus account and you need to set it as a primary console.

I was going to sort it, but the problem fixed itself, somehow. Cheers for the help anayway though, I'll keep it in mind if it ever occurs again.

Gah! Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the fast-forward and rewind controls assigned to the super sensitive triggers buttons on the PS4 controller, which it rests on, is an idiot. Everytime I pick the controller up or gently nudge it while watching something, it ends up speeding through the film.

Gah! Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the fast-forward and rewind controls assigned to the super sensitive triggers buttons on the PS4 controller, which it rests on, is an idiot. Everytime I pick the controller up or gently nudge it while watching something, it ends up speeding through the film.

I had it happened to me before. However I got a solution. If you got a Sony Bravia TV or any HDTVs with HDMI-CEC enabled, you can use the TV remote controller instead of your Dualshock controller. ;)

The Talos Principle is soooo my kind of game. It has great puzzles, a weird story and lots to explore.

@gmac I've seen you got the Platinum for this. Are any of the trophies missable? Is there anything I should keep in mind?

I'm thinking about completing as much as I can in my first playthrough and then do a second one with a guide. Would that cost me too much time?

I don't want to look up a trophy guide because I really don't want to read spoilers.

I like The Talos Principle, but you're really missing out by not playing The Witness.

According to PlayStationTrophies.org, you can get the platinum trophy in one playthrough, but there are several missable trophies. You have to stay away from the tower until you've solved all of the red sigil puzzles, and you have to use a hint at some point - and then restore a backup, as there's a trophy for not using hints.

Late in the game, you'll have a conversation with MLA that will give you one of the following trophies: Press the Serpent, Silence the Serpent or Deal with the Deceiver. At that point, you should restore a backup and read

this to make sure you get all three trophies and don't lock yourself out of the Take it with You trophy.

I don't think any of the other trophies are missable. You can just restore a backup after you finish the game to mop the rest up. I really think it'd be a waste to do two playthroughs if you can avoid it.

Well, I have entered the tower, of course :laughing: I think I'll do two playthroughs anyway, because I don't want to look up anything for my first run.

As for The Witness: I can't afford it right now...

Oh, you can enter the tower, as long as you don't solve any of the puzzles there.

It really seems like a waste to do two playthroughs, since there's only one thing in the entire game you would need to look up.

as Magnus says there's not much point in doing multiple playthroughs as it's only the ending that really affects the trophies

the backup saves it gives you should help in case you missed any

Ah, the game gives you backup saves? I thought that you have to create backups manually.

Well, I may just look up the trophy guide at playstationtrophies.org. Hope there won't be too many spoilers.

Boo! Ten character limit

Ready at Dawn's (The Order: 1886) new game:

This third-person competitive game about a bunch of rolling round creatures trying to knock each other out mixes the bashing mechanics of Super Smash Bros. with the physics-based mayhem of Gang Beats, then combines it with the whacked out controls of Super Monkey Ball and the skill-based shooting of Twisted Metal.

Eurogamer.net

Well, that's me sold :laughing: Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC.

How fucking cool is Plague Inc.?

Saw @Daft and @somme play this and since I never heard about it I looked it up. Seemed like a game for me so I bought it. After my first playthrough I can say: I love it.

My first desease (RAD-1) broke out in Brazil, figured it might a good place to start. Slowly but surely I've mutated the bacterium so it could survive in hot and humid areas.

It spread to several contries in Africa, Europe and Asia.

What I didn't think of: Cold countries :( Sweden, Norway, Canada and Greenland were not infected at all until the bacterium escaped the research facility in Sweden. It was too late, though...all the hosts died but 5% of the world's population was alive and healthy.

Next time I'll make sure to infect every climate :D

Edit: Well, after starting in China and focussing on transmission, I infected every single country...but RAD-1 wasn't deadly enough. The cure was distributed when half of the world's population was dead.

Damn, killing every human being is hard :D

Edited by drahkon

How fucking cool is Plague Inc.?

Saw @Daft and @somme play this and since I never heard about it I looked it up. Seemed like a game for me so I bought it. After my first playthrough I can say: I love it.

My first desease (RAD-1) broke out in Brazil, figured it might a good place to start. Slowly but surely I've mutated the bacterium so it could survive in hot and humid areas.

It spread to several contries in Africa, Europe and Asia.

What I didn't think of: Cold countries :( Sweden, Norway, Canada and Greenland were not infected at all until the bacterium escaped the research facility in Sweden. It was too late, though...all the hosts died but 5% of the world's population was alive and healthy.

Next time I'll make sure to infect every climate :D

What the hell?! This sounds creepily awesome....