NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Well got my PS4 back repaired from sony (although it might be a new PS4 as the serial number is different, but it had all my saves etc on) just in time to try out Remote Play on my laptop and its glorious! far far less lag than i encounter on Vita

If only i could use my Steam controller it would be perfect

Zombi is the dullest piece of shit I ever did play. And Dead Star is...I'm not sure what to think about it at the moment.

Not a great Plus month.

I wonder if they're just going to phase out the free games eventually. As someone mentioned, there's no incentive to give away anything really good, as most people pay for Plus anyway.

Zombi is the dullest piece of shit I ever did play. And Dead Star is...I'm not sure what to think about it at the moment.

Not a great Plus month.

Have you tried Shutshimi yet? It's a great little game.

The new firmware allows the screenshot-notifications to be disabled.

FUCKING FINALLY.

Have you tried Shutshimi yet? It's a great little game.

I'll have a look when I'm home.

I take it PSN is down again. Friends list ain't showing up and I can't access the store. In the new update an option was added in the network settings menu to show you the status of PSN. Just checked it and it says everything is fine. LIES!

Seems like it is, or at least quite a few people are having issues: Link

It started working again after 20 mins or so. Very weird. :wtf:

We've got no problems on our end. @Eenuh is playing Battlefront whilst I slave away writing school reports. Am cry. Evrytiem.

We've got no problems on our end. @Eenuh is playing Battlefront whilst I slave away writing school reports. Am cry. Evrytiem.

If only you'd just had two weeks off teaching to write them... :heh:

If only you'd just had two weeks off teaching to write them... :heh:

Nooooo. :heh:

It takes daysssss to even muster up the courage/energy to write them. Takes even longer to fucking write them all fresh without resorting to copy/pasta (I don't cheat). Plus, we get the annual fuck-up which means half of the ones I need to write don't end up on the system straight away, so you end up having to send emails back and forth to add children's names to the systems (since you can't do it yourself) and having to add extra subjects that were forgotten.

Seriously, it's my least favourite part of teaching. Teaching is pretty fun. Parent's evenings are usually fine. Trips are draining, but they're still fun. Marking is ok because you can get into a routine. Report writing is just repetitive. It's the equivalent of grinding in an RPG, except without a boss to take down at the end of it or an enemy to slaughter.

It's the equivalent of grinding in an RPG, except without a boss to take down at the end of it or an enemy to slaughter.

Nicky Morgan?

I'm back home for a few days early next week and will try and remember to take my Vita with me this time! Any cross-buy games people would recommend?

A new Zen Pinball table has been announced.

Not bad but The Pinball Arcade has this!

A new Zen Pinball table has been announced. Figured I would drop the trailer in here for you @Fierce_LiNk.

Haha that's amazing. Day one! :D

I'm back home for a few days early next week and will try and remember to take my Vita with me this time! Any cross-buy games people would recommend?

I found this handy guide...

http://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/playstation-vita-ps3-ps4-cross-buy-guide/

Seems to have been updated recently as well, I didn't know there were so many titles with cross-buy so I'll likely be checking the guide myself at some point when I next feel like using my Vita. :)

The Oli Oli titles, Shutshimi and Wipeout would be my choice though just at a glance. :D

I bought Stories: The Path of Destinies yesterday. I don't know anything about the game except that trailer thumbnail:

Haven't even watched the trailer :laughing: Will give first impressions later today (assuming I'll play this today).

Edited by drahkon

A new Zen Pinball table has been announced. Figured I would drop the trailer in here for you @Fierce_LiNk.

WHAT THE FUCK?

How did I miss this? How much? When? Where? My heart.

I bought my PS4 nine months ago, and it's already going to be considered old tech. When you buy a new console there's a certain expectation that it'll last you 5+ years. I can't imagine I'll be able to resist upgrading if I know there's a far superior PS4 out there, and that makes me angry. This Playstation gen will have ended up costing me double.

Do you have a 4K tv? Planning to buy the VC headset? Are you bothered by the current framerate games run at? If not, then why would you have to upgrade?

We have only had our PS4 a bit over a year, and got our second one not too long ago. We will still be able to enjoy them for a while to come. They are not going to stop making games for it just yet.

As for Zelda likely being on NX, NX is a new console, PS4K is an upgraded PS4.

So you're angry that your PS4 will be "old tech", even though it will still get games, but you're not angry that the Wii U will be old tech either? I am far more annoyed about that to be honest. The Wii U never properly got started, and yet they are already abandoning it for a new console. I wasted money on a console that won't be supported anymore once the new one comes out.

When you buy a new console there's a certain expectation that it'll last you 5+ years

I bought my PS3 in 2011 and didn't expect this.

You shouldn't buy buying tech there is over two years old and expecting it to last over five more years.

Plus the PS4 is still being supported.

Let's say I play a multiplayer game at 30 fps on my base PS4, but it can run at 60 fps on the new one...if it's a shooter like CoD this would be a huge difference.

See I think that could be considered a genuine concern but I'm willing to bet with things like eSports growing like they are, multiplayer games would most likely have their fps locked.

Sad news. Playstation can f off. At least reports say there won't be exclusive games, we'll see if that turns out to be true. I'm not going to be happy playing games on the original PS4 knowing this could look much better on the Neo. They better have a decent trade in program.

You're one of those people that complained about the new 3DS aren't you. 'Why is the 3D better on the new one so unfair!!!'

I honestly don't see what the issue is.