NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

That Capcom fail.

Yup. Although is does look decent, it's just not what we were wanting. :D

Can't believe how much stuff has been shown so far. This conference has been insane.

The way they set it up :D 'we want to do something special to celebrate the 20th anniversary... *show main title logo's 0-6*...... then tear the dream apart :p

Yeah fantastic conference!

To be fair, that's what the guy on the stage was calling it, U.B.I. Soft, maybe that's how they're known in Japan?

Hope we get those colour console covers here.

Morpheus' official product name is PlayStation VR.

Here's a bunch of trailers for those that missed the conference.

Epic conference. :yay:

Yup, that was pretty much my reaction. I have no clue what the fuck Capcom are doing, the sooner we get the remake of RE2 the better. Mind you, looking at what they're doing now I'm afraid. Very very afraid...

I'll post this deal in here as well...

Groupon are currently doing a '£20 to get £40 of credit to use at Very.co.uk' voucher

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/very-1?

(sign up with a new account)

I just used it to get 12months PS Plus for £23.99 (sells for £40 + 3.99 postage)

But you could also use it on the likes of...

Dualshock 4

Battlefront

Uncharted Collection

Uncharted 4

Just Cause 3

Fallout 4

2x £25 PSN cards

etc... etc...

I'll post this deal in here as well...

Sweet. Just ordered a grey anniversary DS4 for £35. :D

For some reason I didn't get charged delivery because I got it sent to a pick up centre that's less than 100 meters away from me. Double score. :D :D

Official price cut on the way.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe confirmed to Eurogamer this week that the PlayStation 4 will be receiving an official price drop to £299 from £349 on the 9th of October 2015.

This date coincides with the release of the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection 500GB & 1TB PS4 bundles. The units being sold will be the new 1200 series and will retail at £299 and £349 respectively.

The PlayStation 4 is set to receive similar price cuts in Japan and Asia in October but it is not yet confirmed if mainland Europe or North America will benefit from the price cut. The UK has always been a competitive market and whilst the RRP has been £349 since launch a number of retailers have chosen to sell the console below the £300 price point. In fact Sony launched their own temporary initiative back in April where they lowered the RRP to £299 for a week promotion. This time however the price cut is permanent.

This should enable retailers to discount the older models even further and we should start seeing very competitive deals in the UK this Christmas.

PlayStation 4 has sold more than 2 million units in the UK as of May 2015.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it at £250 by Christmas/New Year.

Sign up for a chance to take part in the Dark Souls 3 Network test: http://cbt.darksouls3.com/en/

Wonder if we should have a dedicated thread for all beta signups in general?

Local GAME had a DS4 20th Anniversary edition behind the counter so I ended up buying it on a whim...sooo reluctant to get it out of the box :laughing:

Whuuut just sitting there? How much was it?

Edit: just realised you said DS4 not PS4.

Edited by Shorty

Local GAME had a DS4 20th Anniversary edition behind the counter so I ended up buying it on a whim...sooo reluctant to get it out of the box :laughing:

I bought mine from Very for £35. Came on Saturday, it looks beautiful. I got rubber nubs to protect the sticks, just in case. I hope the triggers hold out....

Feeling bad for my WiiU - I still want to Splatoon and Mario Maker but the option of the PS4 just feels so superior right now. Don't know if it's novelty or whether it'll wear off, but Rocket League and Destiny are all that's on my mind most of the time! Need to get back in to WatchDogs at some point too but I think Destiny's going to take my life at home for the foreseeable future...

I know the feeling. I keep meaning to go back to Mario Maker as I've still only unlocked 3 days worth of stuff but playing Final Fantasy XIV on my PS4 has been sucking up all of my time.