NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Obvs my DS4's brand new - but it certainly outlasts my Wii U gamepad so far! I'm tending to use rest most to just charge it up when I turn the PS4 off - though there's been a few occasions where I've needed to have a brief little break to juice it up a bit; but that's more because I was playing a lot.

Some of you with two pads - other than the charging situation is there much need for a second? I contemplated getting one but I don't know if I'll use it for much except swapping out on the charge...

Get Hotline Miami.

I promise you...you won't regret it.

I haven't really checked how long our pads last, but it will be a few hours at least. But we usually just plug it into a wall socket with a phone charger when the battery gets low and then just keep playing, no need to swap out for the other controller (though that has happened occasionally as well when our chargers aren't near us).

I get around 4-5 hours if rumble is off, speaker's off and lightbar is set to low.

And yeah, it's not enough when playing MGSV. ;)

Would rather just leave it plugged in and have rumble and everything else active too. :)

Ah well, I haven't had long gaming sessions in quite some time :D And I have a USB extension cord so my DS4 is basically always plugged in.

A couple of days ago I played N++ co-op for 4 hours and the second DS4 still had 2 lines of charge.

Some of you with two pads - other than the charging situation is there much need for a second? I contemplated getting one but I don't know if I'll use it for much except swapping out on the charge...

Well, that depends. Recently the lady and I have played Rocket League and N++ so a second pad was necessary.

There are other great multiplayer games (FIFA being the obvious one, Towerfall: Ascension, Never Alone, Diablo 3!!!, Dead Nation, Gauntlet, Helldivers, Jamestown, and more) so if you have mates to play with: Get a second DS4.

If you don't have friends (:p) don't get one and rather invest in an extension cord to avoid the charging situation.

I just swap from charging the headset to controller constantly. Battery life on both is shocking so I'm always tethered to the thing one way or another.

Get Hotline Miami.

I promise you...you won't regret it.

That is nothing to do with what I asked!! Besides I have it on PC already :p

I played it a bit but maybe didn't get quite as into it as I could have and lost interest. I'll go back to it one day...

I find the headset gets more hours out of a charge than the DS4 does, usually about 2 hours longer. But the DS4 certainly lasts longer battery-wise than the WiiU Gamepad, which usually needs charging after each play. I think i've only charged the WiiU Pro controller about 5 or 6 times since getting it last year, that's a sign of how long the battery lasts on that thing.

Now, if only Sony would make a DS4 with a longer lasting battery, that would be nice.

Hi everyone! My name’s Dan and I’m here today to tell you about a new upcoming game – Hardware: Rivals, coming exclusively to the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 4!

As some of our veteran readers may recognise, this new title builds upon the legacy of a PlayStation 2 title, Hardware: Online Arena, a vehicle-based online combat game that was one of PlayStation’s very first online gaming experiences back in 2002.

Here at the Connected Content Group – a new internal development group at Sony Network Entertainment – we’re all very fond of the original game (and some of the team even worked on it!). Armed with the PS4, we leapt at the chance to put a new coat of paint on an old friend.

We’ve taken the opportunity to introduce a truckload of upgrades and new features, but the spirit of the original gameplay remains the same. Bringing back the explosive mayhem and online rivalry of vehicle combat has been an absolute pleasure and we can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel. Check out our announcement trailer below to see what’s in store!

With multiple maps, game modes, challenges and special events, Hardware: Rivals lets you jump online for some frenetic vehicle-on-vehicle combat. You can go in as a lone wolf or as part of a team, and on top of our regular game modes we also have a constantly updating schedule of special events that add new twists to the game.

You’ll be able to challenge your friends and hunt down your rivals. Wear your colours proudly and unlock vehicle upgrades to tweak your ride to your own personal taste. Here on the development team we have daily debates over which vehicles and weapons are the best, and we can’t wait to hear what you think.

Looks like a fun little downloadable game. Could be a right laugh with mates.

I may not have a PS4 yet......

but I just bought my first game...

81TFSr6Vx4L._SX522_.jpg

£14.95 from TheGameCollection if anyone - like me - is still yet to experience it!

81TFSr6Vx4L._SX522_.jpg

£14.95 from TheGameCollection if anyone - like me - is still yet to experience it!

No hardware yet one game. That's a hell of an attachment rate. :D

I'm tempted to play that again soon. Sooooon.

LOU Online is fantastic and something I still play regularly.

Saw off Reddit that EA are offering a chance to take part in a closed beta for Need for Speed

I hope its fun. Not really a fan of the recent NFS games...

The Pan European Game Information Board has rated Ape Escape 2, Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle), and Twisted Metal: Black for PlayStation 4.

Twisted Metal: Black is already available as a PS2 Classic for PlayStation 3 in Europe. It was released in September 2012.

This would appear to be Sony bringing its selection of PS2 Classics from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. If anything, we might find out for sure tomorrow, as Sony is holding its SCEJA Press Conference 2015 in Japan.

There was a rumour going around last year that Sony would be bringing PS2 games to PS4, along with trophy support as well. You also have the PS2 Star Wars games coming out soon, which gives more weight to this rumour.

Dark Chronicles....in HD....with trophy support.....*starts to drool uncontrollably*

No hardware yet one game. That's a hell of an attachment rate. :D

I'm tempted to play that again soon. Sooooon.

shia-labeouf-just-do-it-green-background.gif

I started playing it again over the weekend, just got to Winter before I stopped for the night. :yay:

Fantastic game, I just love to explore the buildings.

Whoop! Sony Press Conference tomorrow at 8am!!

Yup. I'm well hyped.

I'm hoping to see Gravity Rush make its PS4 debut, more of The Last Guardian and maybe a cheeky JRPG announcement or two. Level-5 were said to be working on one and that it was nearly shown at E3. If it's anything like Ni No Kuni, then I'll be a happy chappy.

I think the translator's fine. (Edit: I take that back, she's struggling with titles. Why doesn't she have a script??)

Starting with the Bloodborne expansion :D

Edit: looked amazing! Out November.

Edit: Everybody's Golf 7!

Edit: Gravity Rush on PS4, oh lawd, it's too much.

Edit: And Gravity Rush 2 looks amazing.

Edited by Shorty

Is there an english stream available that's not on youtube? Can't watch live streams on youtube in Germany -.-