NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

That said, the controller feels weird...How do people rate it alongside the 360/PS3 controllers? It feels a bit unnatural to hold but I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

For me, it's worse than the 360 controller but much better than the PS3 one.

I think it has the best controller out of the PS4/PS3/360 (never tried the X1). But buy the clip on analogue stick covers as they can get uncomfortable after using them for a while.

Okay, so the PS4 is set up..and it looks beautiful :)

Bloodborne, TLoU, Axiom Verge, Hotline Miami and Tomb Raider....

I'm good to go!

That said, the controller feels weird...How do people rate it alongside the 360/PS3 controllers? It feels a bit unnatural to hold but I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

I've never owned a PS3 or 360 or a One but I've had several goes on each one due to friend's owning them.

I like the PS3 pad the least. It's comfortable to hold for long durations, it feels a bit crammed and I don't like the overall feel of it.

360 pad was good and I enjoyed using that more than the PS3 pad when playing FIFA.

One pad actually feels like a step-down somehow from the 360 controller. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it feels a bit cheaper than the 360 pad. Not a huge difference, but I don't like it as much as the 360 pad.

I adore the PS4 controller. It's easier to hold than the PS3 pad, the touchpad is great, share button is awesome, the whole thing feels slightly bigger/easier to use for longer durations. It's probably my favourite ever pad the more I think about it.

PS4's is probably my favourite controller in quite a few years. Xbox One's is good but the LB & RB buttons let it down.

I think for me, the analogue placements still seem so unnatural.. I guess I jut prefer the Gamecube/360 layout but I must admit that I actually liked the PS3 controller, mainly because it was so light! It was like the Macbook Air of controllers ;)

I think for me, the analogue placements still seem so unnatural.. I guess I jut prefer the Gamecube/360 layout but I must admit that I actually liked the PS3 controller, mainly because it was so light! It was like the Macbook Air of controllers ;)

That's the same reason why I love the 360 pad. I think Kav has issues with the analogue placement as well. I just find the 360 layout more comfortable and natural.

One pad I really loved at the time but find it hard to go back to now is the Gamecube controller. It just feels so cheap and plasticky now but when it was current I remember hailing it as one of my favourites.

I initially (before owning a playstation system) didn't like the placement of the analogues. But, there's a reason why they've stuck with it for so long and I think it's a balance/symmetrical reason. I think you're able to hold the controller better for longer periods with the analogues in a symmetrical position, at least that's what I found.

The WiiU's Pro Controller does something interesting with it's analogue placement, but there's also a reason why the competition have never placed them in the same spot and that's because it's harder to use the face buttons. (feels very unnatural to me moving your right thumb from the stick down to the buttons)

Going back to the GameCube controller, I do think it's overrated and it's probably down to nostalgia over why it's rated so high. There's a real imbalance with it, especially with the lack of a Z button on either side, the C-stick build quality is pretty poor and the d-pad is unusable. The only reason I loved it so much is because the analogue shoulder buttons are SO FUCKING GOOOD. Dat digital click.

I agree on the Pro pad placement, there's a reason why none of the others do it.

For me the best of the 3 pads in question is the 360 pad. The PS3 pad was utter tripe.

That said, I prefer the stick placement on the WiiU pads, especially for FPS games... funny how those games are lacking on the WiiU though!

What's even funnier is that I prefer the Gamepad stick/button layout to the Pro Controller and any other controller as the spacing between buttons and stick is perfect for me.

I find them a little too spaced out on the Pro Controller in comparison.

Edited by Kav

I'm really glad I bought thumbstick protectors for the PS4 pad, I think with those, they're probably my favourite pad in terms of comfort. I think they're let down a bit by a poor battery life though.

I'm really glad I bought thumbstick protectors for the PS4 pad, I think with those, they're probably my favourite pad in terms of comfort. I think they're let down a bit by a poor battery life though.

I bet we'd get more life out of it if you could turn the light off. Not sure how much difference it would make, though.

I bet we'd get more life out of it if you could turn the light off. Not sure how much difference it would make, though.

The thing is, it ain't just the light, the controller has to provide at least some current to the internal microphone and the headphone port at all times, as well as the touch pad. It's a good pad, but it's super annoying to not even be able to get through a play session without it dropping to one bar from full.

For @Fierce_LiNk

The PS4 re-release of Journey will have a summer release date, Sony has revealed.

As well as a digital release on PlayStation Network, it will also be available on Blu-ray alongside fellow thatgamecompany titles flOw and Flower as part of the Journey Collector's Edition.

The thing is, it ain't just the light, the controller has to provide at least some current to the internal microphone and the headphone port at all times, as well as the touch pad. It's a good pad, but it's super annoying to not even be able to get through a play session without it dropping to one bar from full.

It is annoying, but it's the price we have to pay if we want all that functionality from one controller. I can live with it and I wouldn't like to see them drop any of that functionality for the battery life. A shame it couldn't be longer, two hours more would be something at least.

In terms of what it offers, battery life withstanding, it's my favourite controller considering the build quality, the ergonomics and functionality. The blue version of it is just...so super sexy, too.

Finally. :D

So, they'll do a pack with FlOw and Flower for PS4, too, right? I do want all three but...I kinda want them to be digital. I'm getting lazy as fuck and love having things digital these days.

Oh shit, that reminds me...

When unboxing my PS4 I noticed it came with some headphones....Am I being crazy or can I plug headphones into the PS4 controller to listen to the audio from a game?! Because the thought of playing Hotline Miami 2 on my TV with my headphones...HOLY MOLY.

It's too good to be true, right?

So, they'll do a pack with FlOw and Flower for PS4, too, right? I do want all three but...I kinda want them to be digital. I'm getting lazy as fuck and love having things digital these days.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Flower is already available for PS4 and free if you bought the PS3 version.

Not sure if the same applies to FlOw.

Am I being crazy or can I plug headphones into the PS4 controller to listen to the audio from a game?! Because the thought of playing Hotline Miami 2 on my TV with my headphones...HOLY MOLY.

It's true, though :p

Plug in headphones, hold the PS button, go to "adjust devices", and in "Output to Headphones" choose "All Audio". There you go.

Also: Buy This

It's fucking amazing and with the Headset Companion app you can choose pre-made audio-setups for certain games (the Bloodborne one...incredible).

Edited by drahkon

When unboxing my PS4 I noticed it came with some headphones....Am I being crazy or can I plug headphones into the PS4 controller to listen to the audio from a game?! Because the thought of playing Hotline Miami 2 on my TV with my headphones...HOLY MOLY.

Yep thats right. I ended up doing that for Extra Life for the 24 hours and it was a godsend.

Oh shit, that reminds me...

There's a set of poverty headphones that came with the system, yes.

I say poverty, but they're not bad really. In fact, I still use them, so yeah.

If you plug them in and HOLD down the PS button, it'll take you to a menu and you select adjust devices or something...you can alter it from there to get either chat audio from a game or ALL audio to go through the headphones.

Playing certain games with headphones-only is...incredible to say the least. I bang on about, but Alien Isolation with headphones is heart-pounding.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Flower is already available for PS4 and free if you bought the PS3 version.

Both FlOw and Flower are on PSN already, I'm just curious about this collector's edition that includes all three.

Both FlOw and Flower are on PSN already, I'm just curious about this collector's edition that includes all three.

Ah, I read your previous post as "I wish FlOw and Flower would be released on PS4" :p

It's true, though :p

Plug in headphones, hold the PS button, go to "adjust devices", and in "Output to Headphones" choose "All Audio". There you go.

Also: Buy This

It's fucking amazing and with the Headset Companion app you can choose pre-made audio-setups for certain games (the Bloodborne one...incredible).

Oh lord. It's on the list alongside a new hard drive :)

There's a set of poverty headphones that came with the system, yes.

I say poverty, but they're not bad really. In fact, I still use them, so yeah.

If you plug them in and HOLD down the PS button, it'll take you to a menu and you select adjust devices or something...you can alter it from there to get either chat audio from a game or ALL audio to go through the headphones.

Playing certain games with headphones-only is...incredible to say the least. I bang on about, but Alien Isolation with headphones is heart-pounding.

Sweet. I might check out Alien actually..I wasn't sure as it got mixed reviews but people seem to be talking it up.

The headphone stuff is great though. Very pleased :)

Oh lord. It's on the list alongside a new hard drive :)

Sweet. I might check out Alien actually..I wasn't sure as it got mixed reviews but people seem to be talking it up.

The headphone stuff is great though. Very pleased :)

I use my pair of Sennheiser headphones for PS4 games when I need to and it's always done the trick. Audio quality is great.

A new hard drive is a must as you'll go through this current one like water.

You can get Alien for around the £20 mark now, so it's one to look into it. It can wait as you've got tons of other stuff to play and that'll all take you a while.

Ultra Street Fighter IV release date and price announced.

Hello, fight fans! Are you ready to get your game on with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4? The amazing team at Other Ocean Interactive is putting the final touches on this fantastic version of the Capcom classic. I’d love to get it to you sooner, but honestly, we’re playing it too much, so you’ll just have to wait!

All the characters, all the levels, and all of the DLC that have been launched so far will be included in the PS4 version of the game. Also, a few of you hardcore Street Fighters out there said that there was minor input lag in the controls of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS3. Well, don’t worry: we’ve eliminated it to make the PS4 edition the ultimate version on any platform, so it’ll be good to go for all your tournament needs!

We are aiming for the digital release of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4 on May 26th, 2015 at a price of $24.99. This would launch simultaneously in the Americas and Europe.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4

I’m really excited to share the PS4 version of this classic with you, and if you want to fight me online, I’m usually the guy playing as E Honda and getting my butt royally kicked!

Ultra Street Fighter IV release date and price announced.

I want this but...it's going to be hard when The Witcher is out at the same time. Mortal Kombat also looks like the fighter to play, too.