NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yup : peace: Remember to set the console as your primary PS4.

Is Anil your first name? Are you an Indian? :o

If not, here's the obvious AnalPee joke

:p

Yup, I'm a British Indian! Hence the name Goron..cos they're brown, innit.

Edit. Hmm...How long is TLoU? 10-15 hours? I need to organise my time over the next couple of weeks so need to decide what to play alongside Bloodborne. It's between TLoU and Metroid Prime 3.

Edited by Goron_3

Edit. Hmm...How long is TLoU? 10-15 hours? I need to organise my time over the next couple of weeks so need to decide what to play alongside Bloodborne. It's between TLoU and Metroid Prime 3.

Depending on how quickly you run through it can take 10-20 hours.

I think it's a nice game to play for 1-2 hour sessions every evening.

Yup, I'm a British Indian! Hence the name Goron..cos they're brown, innit.

The Last of Us is about 10-15 but I think it could be even longer depending on what difficulty mode you play on. There's also the Left Behind DLC which I urge you to play straight afterwards as it is really well done. It's basically another chapter of the game. :)

I kept The Last of Us as an evening game as it's kinda like a main event. @Eenuh and I played it together in the evening and treated it the same as if we were watching a film together.

I wouldnt say Last of Us and Bloodborne would be good games to play together personally. Both can be pretty stressful. Might be worth going for something that'll be more of a release lol

I wouldnt say Last of Us and Bloodborne would be good games to play together personally. Both can be pretty stressful. Might be worth going for something that'll be more of a release lol

Is Metroid Prime 3 that much more of a release, though? I found Prime 1 quite stressful. :D

Is Metroid Prime 3 that much more of a release, though? I found Prime 1 quite stressful. :D

I'd say he should just play Alien with them as well. I hear its a dead easy game for chumps anyway :heh:

I've also got Hotline Miami 2 to play as my stress relief game :heh:

I've also got some co-op games I want to play with @Zell, namely Hyrule Warriors and Stealth Inc. 2. Man, these two weeks are going to be amazing :awesome:

I'd say he should just play Alien with them as well. I hear its a dead easy game for chumps anyway :heh:

Haha. :D

I had a three hour playthrough of Alien in the first week that I bought it. Two and a half hours were basically spent hiding in lockers and navigating myself through two rooms. TWO ROOMS. The final half hour was when I decided to make a run for it and somehow made it to the next save point. I died shortly thereafter.

Simultaneously the most stressful yet the most fun I've ever had in a game. I almost cried when I made it to the save point.

Haha. :D

I had a three hour playthrough of Alien in the first week that I bought it. Two and a half hours were basically spent hiding in lockers and navigating myself through two rooms. TWO ROOMS. The final half hour was when I decided to make a run for it and somehow made it to the next save point. I died shortly thereafter.

Simultaneously the most stressful yet the most fun I've ever had in a game. I almost cried when I made it to the save point.

Its one of those games where I would happily watch someone else play it but I know I wouldnt have the patience to sit and play it myself.

I've also got Hotline Miami 2 to play as my stress relief game :heh:

I've also got some co-op games I want to play with @Zell, namely Hyrule Warriors and Stealth Inc. 2. Man, these two weeks are going to be amazing :awesome:

I want to try Hotline Miami (1 or 2) at some point. Looks crazy.

Its one of those games where I would happily watch someone else play it but I know I wouldnt have the patience to sit and play it myself.

You need a LOT of patience to play it. It's partly the reason why I think it's a very difficult game to review, hence why it ended up getting fantastic scores in certain places and not so great scores in others. They've mimicked the atmosphere and tension of the first film really, really well. It's the ultimate fanboy's dream. I'm so happy that it turned out so well, plus it's gorgeous to look at and listen to in places. :)

I want to try Hotline Miami (1 or 2) at some point. Looks crazy.

I've never taken crack before but I imagine it to feel exactly like playing Hotline Miami. It's honestly so fucking fun. Do it now.

Hotline Miami is excellent, 2 is not as good with its over-reliance on guns but still worth it. Definitely start with the first one though. It basically turns into a puzzle game as you die over and over again to work out the perfect route through the buildings using your own style. Personally I played the first game using as little guns as possible, which is why 2 has been a bit of a disappointment.

I got into the PS Now beta trial, looking forward to giving it a whirl tonight.

The Last of Us is about 10-15 but I think it could be even longer depending on what difficulty mode you play on. There's also the Left Behind DLC which I urge you to play straight afterwards as it is really well done. It's basically another chapter of the game. :)

I kept The Last of Us as an evening game as it's kinda like a main event. @Eenuh and I played it together in the evening and treated it the same as if we were watching a film together.

WHAT!!! Is Last of Us 2 player in campaign mode? Also is it two player in multiplayer mode?

WHAT!!! Is Last of Us 2 player in campaign mode? Also is it two player in multiplayer mode?

When I mean played it together, I mean I played the game and watched it alongside me/gave me hints in case I missed something/told me something was to the left of me, etc. We did that from the start of the game to the very end and we also did it for the Walking Dead Season 1 and 2.

Unfortunately no co-op mode, sorry. :D

When I mean played it together, I mean I played the game and watched it alongside me/gave me hints in case I missed something/told me something was to the left of me, etc. We did that from the start of the game to the very end and we also did it for the Walking Dead Season 1 and 2.

Unfortunately no co-op mode, sorry. :D

I think Until Dawn will be amazing for the two of you. I can just see both of you deciding/arguing what to do next as you play through the game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I think Until Dawn will be amazing for the two of you. I can just see both of you deciding/arguing what to do next as you play through the game.

Oh my god, Trauma Center is still the king at this. We had so many moments of accomplishment/frustration/anger at that game, haha. Still the best co-op game I've played to date.

The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 were pretty chilled in comparison. Until Dawn should hopefully be fantastic and I really liked the look of what I saw of it. My type of game.

The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 were pretty chilled in comparison. Until Dawn should hopefully be fantastic and I really liked the look of what I saw of it. My type of game.

Last years E3 presentation was fantastic and it showed its potential as a great party game.

Last years E3 presentation was fantastic and it showed its potential as a great party game.

Yeah, it looks ace. They showed it off well in the presentation and I really got a Scream vibe from it, that sort of teenage slasher type of film.

@Goron_3 remember The Last of Us not only has the DLC but also a deep, strategic and very satisfying multiplayer game too.

IT HAS ARRIVED!

Oh my, it looks beautiful <3 Just realised that I have £10 of PSN credit left in my wallet so I'll be downloading Tomb Raider tonight :)

Good going Happenstance! : peace:

It feels nice to have well over 1TB in free space doesn't it? :heh:

I've still got most of mine unused as I've only been putting games that I'm currently playing back onto the hard drive and I'm just 'adding to library' for all of the Plus games. :)

Determined to make the hard drive space last for the life of the console. ;)

Only complaint so far is that you cant transfer your saves back until you reinstall the games. Still though, gonna be so nice not to have to delete games when I get a new one!

Okay, so the PS4 is set up..and it looks beautiful :)

Bloodborne, TLoU, Axiom Verge, Hotline Miami and Tomb Raider....

I'm good to go!

That said, the controller feels weird...How do people rate it alongside the 360/PS3 controllers? It feels a bit unnatural to hold but I'm sure I'll get used to it :)