NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

For just those games I think theONE would serve you best, HOWEVER, like some have mentioned, if you want to play online then it all boils down to who do you know which has the machines? If just people on here then get a PS4 so you can play with us :) Personally, and I only own a ps4, I think the xbox has a better controller, better exclusives, and will likely be slightly better served on EA games and minecraft. But I'd still advise PS4... Our PS4 fifa groups is worth the price of admission!

it's the thought of an NE Fifa league that is the deciding factor.

I was a little taken aback to be honest, and pleasantly surprised at the amount of PS4 bashing in this thread. Having only read the Wii U thread up until recently you would think that Wii U is a piece of junk and PS4 was perfection personified, so it's nice to see that there are gripes on here.

it's the thought of an NE Fifa league that is the deciding factor.

I was a little taken aback to be honest, and pleasantly surprised at the amount of PS4 bashing in this thread. Having only read the Wii U thread up until recently you would think that Wii U is a piece of junk and PS4 was perfection personified, so it's nice to see that there are gripes on here.

Tbh, people are quite level headed here and if something is bullshit will just come out with it. There's no sprinkles and rainbows in here, thank fuck.

PSN has been quite unstable the past month. Easily the worst in history (minus the whole hack thing which took it offline). But the streaming, phone app, Play Share, Remote Play, PS Now etc. the systems is great. As a pc owner i really like the whole PS4 experience. I hope steam or something can copy features but the whole pc platform side of things is a total mess right now even if its a blessing in many ways.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/171-2117.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=171-2117&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

Final Fantasy 14

£2 delivered

You can upgrade to PS4 for free. 30 days game time included. :)

I'm very new to PS, owning wise. I've played on and off on other peoples Playstaions 1-3 throughout the years but I would say I've had more fun in the 5 or 6 so short months on the PS4 than I have on a console since the Gamecube. The controller is near perfect, my thumbs slip occasionally but I've adapted to that and preferred it without grips. The games are great and, bar Driveclub I haven't personally been affected much by the PSN downtime. But then I got bored of Destiny pretty quickly and mainly play single or local multiplayer at the moment. The indie games are great, inventive and fun - aaaaaannnnd 'No Man's Sky' is coming... sometime next year but still. I didn't know about that game before I bought a PS4 but it's basically the game I've wanted since I was a child. That game alone would sell it for me every, and any time.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/171-2117.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=171-2117&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

Final Fantasy 14

£2 delivered

You can upgrade to PS4 for free. 30 days game time included. :)

Completely hooked on FFXIV at the moment. It's an amazing MMO. Patch 2.4 has just released adding lots of new content and the final Bahamut raid.

I play mostly on PC, but also have it on PS4. It is cross platform play so I can switch between the two with the same character.

If anybody gets this, and for £2 you'd be nuts not to, myself and I think @Sheikah are on the Cerberus server.

Decided to pick up Hohokum earlier. Was wanting something simple and easy that I could simply stick on for a little bit after work as I've been having some seriously long days recently and haven't really had to time to do much else other than watch some TV or play a spot of Rayman Legends or InFamous in the mornings before work, provided I've gotten up early enough. And seeing as it was only £9.99 and I'm a fan of the style of music that they've got in the game (helps massively that there's some Tycho in there! :yay:) thought this would be a nice way to start my foray into some of the indie or smaller games available on the PS4.

I've obviously played the games that come through PS+ but have never really bothered downloading many games on my consoles in the passed as I tended to trade stuff in when done with them. But since I downsided my games collection massively when I picked up the PS4, thinking now is the time to try a few things out.

Was wanting to pick up Octodad (anybody played it? Worth a go? Just thought it looked goofy and is the kind of thing I could put on and sit and play with the girlfriend in the afternoon when she's up for a laugh) but gutted I missed it at half price last month. Similarly gutted that Resogun is £12.99, or there abouts. Unless it's got the legs to last long, I'd have preferred it to be maybe £9.99 (splitting hairs for a few quid I know but when I don't have a huge amount of disposable income each month I kind of need to watch the pennies, especially with Christmas coming up) as I know I'd play it for a bit and come back to it now and again, always tended to do that with shmups like Ikaruga, but never really put that much time into them in one go.

Had forgotten that The Unfinished Swan had been released a little bit back so probably gonna be picking that up over the weekend if I get a chance.

But just generally speaking, apart from the games I've mentioned, what do people recommend in terms of the downloadable games on the PS4 (I know a lot of you will probably bring up Resogun again and it is definitely something I'm interested in, and in hearing more about it)?

Since it's Halloween, if you haven't played it, Dead Nations is pretty great. Perfect co-op game, too.

But really, Towerfall is literally the greatest local game in existence. I'd pick it over Smash Bros any day.

No joy for me with uploading to YouTube :(

Tried various different things like "forgetting" the profile on my YT account, and re-signing in and such. But yeah... fails. Can upload to Facebook, but that's kind of not the point.

Go to connected devices on your google account, delete the psn link to YouTube and then try sign in again. Does that work? Or is that what you meant?

Towerfall is literally the greatest local game in existence. I'd pick it over Smash Bros any day.

If you use share play it's no longer a local game, you can play each other online!

But really, Towerfall is literally the greatest local game in existence. I'd pick it over Smash Bros any day.

That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. It's like saying Guacamelee is better than every Mario game ever made.

(I agree. Towerfall is fucking amazing.)

That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. It's like saying Guacamelee is better than every Mario game ever made!

Finally we agree! :)

Yeah I love Towerfall but you have to be on some serious ganj to even suggest that it's better than Smash Bros. Apart from Brawl which is a towering shit pie.

For me it beats Smash on one incredibly simple point - it's much easier for newcomers to pick up. Everyone I've introduced it to has got all its mechanics within a couple minutes (and usually it's less, within a few rounds).

For me it beats Smash on one incredibly simple point - it's much easier for newcomers to pick up. Everyone I've introduced it to has got all its mechanics within a couple minutes (and usually it's less, within a few rounds).

Yup, have to agree. Smash is in it's own right great fun. But there are so many things to learn (movesets, items, stages) it takes a while for newcomers to get used to it.

It's an awesome game for me (and most of us here) because I (we) know Smash. But if you've never played an installment before...you won't get any fun if you play with people who know the game.

Towerfall, as you said, is much easier to learn and pick up. That's why I - and you - think it is currently the greatest local multiplayer game there this.

It's a shame, though, that not many people play the game...at least none of my friends are willing to give it a go -.-

The simplicity is great but it's also the source of the skill ceiling. How good you get at the game depends largely on how quick you can learn to respond or how well you can anticipate attacks and use the sometimes confusing pathways at the edge of maps to your advantage to psych out your opponents. It's good, but it's also limited - which is fine, it's a game you can introduce anyone to and assume they're going to be competent if they have any history with platformers or 2D Action Adventures, but it's not going to be featuring at Evo.

I'd argue that Smash can also be played at varying levels of seriousness. The base game is just as easy to learn as Towerfall, and far far more forgiving.

Edited by The Bard

And you could just play a GIANT MELEE!!!!!!11 with Pokeballs and Bob-Ombs if you wanted to make it stupid.

You used a family guy gif which suggests that you might just be the worst person ever.

I'm outta here

7039d1f1e0c69a73082aa4f277e304fb.jpg

Ps. I don't care about Evo, I was merely adducing the correlation between games that feature at Evo and their potential skill ceiling. It was some sophisticated ish, and you didn't get it.

Edited by The Bard

My point was exactly that the skill ceiling wasn't high at all, and because of that it's a game that is much easier to play competitively with people who don't game that much.

Well this is getting circular. I get wt u r saying doe.

Edited by The Bard

This is usually around the time of the year that Sony do deals on their PS+ subscriptions, anyone seen any yet? Just got an email saying mine runs out soon so figured I'd check before paying more than I might have to.

This is usually around the time of the year that Sony do deals on their PS+ subscriptions, anyone seen any yet? Just got an email saying mine runs out soon so figured I'd check before paying more than I might have to.

CDKeys is somewhere selling PS+ subs for £35 at the moment. I'm considering going that way, unless i see a good deal somewhere.

That's pretty much their standard though, you can always grab an extra 5% by liking their Facebook page. Not that it's a bad price, it's just not a great deal. I'm keeping my eye out, but to be honest I don't think they'll get that cheap now that everyone needs one to play online.

Ive been burnt by sites like CDKeys before so I dont use them anymore. I'll wait until mine is about to run out and if nothing has come up then I'll just get a ShopTo one I think as I'll get a bit of a discount.