NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Just updated to the new system update looking forward to hopefully, finally playing some Drive Club online annnnnnnnd PSN is down. :blank:

Couple this with me having nothing to play on my newly purchased Xbox One until either my subscription or Sunset Overdrive arrives and I am suddenly even more grateful for having a Wii U which at least lets me play games with minimum fuss. :heh:

Back to playing Bayonetta 2! :D

#NextGen!

PSN is a joke. Fuck this.

Urgh. Fed up with the downtime of their servers because they can't handle the pressure from pretty everything.

PSN is a joke. Fuck this.

Got that right. How many times does it go down, its pathetic.

Expected way better than this when coming from Live.

Forget about The PS4 Remote Play app is in the Play Store for Xperia Z family. Only Z3 and Z3Compact for now.

Wont take long before the android community get it working on all devices.

Edited by liger05

Say, if I wanted to get an import PS4, what do I need to know? Mainly about power supply, can I just get a UK power cable somehow and use that?

Say, if I wanted to get an import PS4, what do I need to know? Mainly about power supply, can I just get a UK power cable somehow and use that?

I'm pretty certain the PS4 is multi voltage so yes just a UK power cable should be fine with no need for a step down convertor like the old days.

If you got a UK power cable from Original PS1 / Original PS2 / SlimPS3, you can save some money by use it. Also I found this guy's comment from other forum.

"PS4's power cord can be used on almost any device that supports it and in any Country's electrical plug, thanks to its watt usage. PS4 is very import friendly due to its region unlock as well."

Edited by DriftKaiser

Ah, only have a slim PS2.

Play Asia have applied their Play Asia tax and it costs £586 instead of ~£320 like it's supposed to. :(

Is anyone getting the new cod on ps4?

I have an xbox one as well which would be the bet version to go for ?

Is there exclusive Dlc on xbox ? How long is the delay usually for playstation ,

Ps4 will likely have full 1080p and 900p at bet for X1,

Just wonderd if there's anything else I should consider ?

Is there exclusive Dlc on xbox ? How long is the delay usually for playstation ,

Quite honestly it's COD... go for whichever controller has the most responsive triggers, that's what I'd base it on. :p

Everything else is negligible but naturally it will run slightly better on PS4 while the dlc will be exclusive for all of a few weeks to a month on Xbox One probably so your choice. : peace:

Unless the game is anything close to the original Modern Warfare in terms of quality I'm considering just boycotting COD altogether as I'm sick of the way that it just becomes a bigger, bloated cash-cow every year that has been milked to within an inch of its existence over the past decade but in particular the last few years. :blank:

By the time you've paid for the game (£40) years subscription (£30) and the season pass (£30+) then that's £100 which could have bought you three better games elsewhere. ::shrug:

I'd like some impartial feedback please.

I'm just about ready to purchase a PS4 which will be a FIFA, PGA & Minecraft machine.

My reasons for opting for PS4 are it's smaller, no power brick, I generally dislike Microsoft, I've seen Kinect fall apart when there are more than two people in the room (not so much an issue as I won't be getting Kinect) PS4 has move which I want for PGA (assuming it's compatible) and it seems there is a good NE group playing FIFA online.

However, there seem to be much better deals for XB1 at present, PSN seems to be down constantly and I've always thought the playstation controllers were the worst of the bunch.

So what do I buy??????

PS4 VS Xbox One

So what do I buy??????

I purchased a Wii U two years ago, PS4 a year ago and have just 'invested' in an Xbox One so I'll try and give some decent feedback.

You're going to be playing Fifa, PGA and Minecraft on it regardless of which machine you buy, well for the EA Sports it probably doesn't make much difference though they always seem to side with Microsoft on that, though as you say the PS4 versions will likely have Move controls of some sort, you're right though Kinect will never be worth it, hence I went with the Kinect-less bundle for the Xbox One.

As for Minecraft... Microsoft now own it, make of that what you will but there will blatantly be at least some exclusive stuff for MS platforms though it should be noted that dlc for all versions across all platforms will still be supported so I don't think you'll miss out on much.

The PS4 is a LOT smaller than the Xbox One, I was honestly shocked the other day when I unboxed the behemoth that is the One because it almost seems to be double the size at least in terms of cubic space, while purely aesthetically it's definitely a third bigger NOT including the power brick which also has its own fan. :blank:

I only bought an Xbox One because of the stellar deal I got from work which was a staff only deal saving me almost £200 on the whole package, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have bought it even though Sunset Overdrive would still be calling out to me. ;)

When it comes to the controller, I've said it before... the PS4 controller is the first one I've used out of all the Playstation consoles which finally doesn't feel like a toy, it's a very good controller but you will need to buy thumb grips for the pad while the triggers are just down to personal taste, bear in mind that I haven't had the chance to play a game on the Xbox One yet but the triggers on the controller in addition to the sticks feel amazing, whereas the d-pads on both controllers are good but still not Nintendo good as they will always have the edge there. :awesome:

PSN outages have been shocking recently but that's not to say that Xbox Live hasn't had its fair share of problems either, especially on the 360 in recent times Live has been awful, however it seems to be better on the One though I've not been able to test this fully. On the subscriptions Games with Gold isn't bad but they are just playing catch up with Playstation Plus which is still phenomenal value for money, providing PSN is up which I fully expect it to be soon and I'm sure we'll get some kind of compensation for the recent outages too, a free indie game perhaps? :indeed:

I would still pick a PS4 if I had to choose but ultimately the decision is yours. : peace:

Last game ran at 1080p on PS4, 720p on the Xbone. Hopefully they arent bothered about forcing some sort of parity like EA or Ubishit (ubisoft) as of late.

Its not much of a looker though. But the PS4 has a ton more games releases than the other two systems and many usability benefits. Controller is objectively nicer. With motion sensing and the touchpad in addition to geat design and dont forget unlike Nintendo and MS charging and a bult in battery are included.

Edited by Choze

Is that the Dragon Quest PS4?

Yep. The console is out in December so I'm weighting my options if it's worth importing or not.

I'm just about ready to purchase a PS4 which will be a FIFA, PGA & Minecraft machine.

My reasons for opting for PS4 are it's smaller, no power brick, I generally dislike Microsoft, I've seen Kinect fall apart when there are more than two people in the room (not so much an issue as I won't be getting Kinect) PS4 has move which I want for PGA (assuming it's compatible) and it seems there is a good NE group playing FIFA online.

However, there seem to be much better deals for XB1 at present, PSN seems to be down constantly and I've always thought the playstation controllers were the worst of the bunch.

So what do I buy??????

You're not really going to get much impartial advice here and I think you already know the answer before you came in, hence why you've posted in the PS4 thread rather than the One thread. :p

We were probably in a similar boat you and I, as I too had a choice between the PS4 and One, although I was more heavily inclined towards the PS4 from the start and little was there to sway me.

Imo, the PS4 has a good community here. I'm on it daily and when I'm on in the evenings, I can see the likes of @kav82 doing Destiny/party chat and then there's usually between 4-8 of us on FIFA15 doing the Pro Clubs. There doesn't seem to be much of a One community here, and there won't be because there's not many users here with that system. Some of the users who have the One also have the PS4, and I think there's two or three users who either recently got it or are waiting for it.

The XBone deals are probably cheaper (without Kinect? I don't know, I do'nt really look), but there's also some good prices for the PS4 now, too. I'd say both represent good value for money and at the moment there's not a lot of difference in games between the two systems, although hopefully things will kick on in 2015. Both have great futures and I'm particularly excited to see how the PS4 grows.

If you're getting a system with FIFA and you want to join in with people from here, you'll probably looking at the PS4 rather than the One. We'll be starting the league very soon, too. The One community will definitely grow, if only because there are some hardcore gamers here who will want to own everything, but there's not much of one at the moment. The majority of us here own PS4s. I don't know the deal with Minecraft as I don't play it or PGA, so I cannae help you there.

One thing I will say is that I paid £299 for my PS4 around April-ish, somewhere there. I've definitely got my monies worth and it's my primary console. I considered that a good deal at the time and I think there's probably better deals than that if you look for them. I seem to recall you posting an incredible offer the other week.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Yep. The console is out in December so I'm weighting my options if it's worth importing or not.

Maybe you can find it on eBay or somewhere else? Just trying to think of other places but nothing comes to mind.

Would love that PS4 though...

You're not really going to get much impartial advice here and I think you already know the answer before you came in, hence why you've posted in the PS4 thread rather than the One thread. :p

We were probably in a similar boat you and I, as I too had a choice between the PS4 and One, although I was more heavily inclined towards the PS4 from the start and little was there to sway me.

Imo, the PS4 has a good community here. I'm on it daily and when I'm on in the evenings, I can see the likes of @kav82 doing Destiny/party chat and then there's usually between 4-8 of us on FIFA15 doing the Pro Clubs. There doesn't seem to be much of a One community here, and there won't be because there's not many users here with that system. Some of the users who have the One also have the PS4, and I think there's two or three users who either recently got it or are waiting for it.

The XBone deals are probably cheaper (without Kinect? I don't know, I do'nt really look), but there's also some good prices for the PS4 now, too. I'd say both represent good value for money and at the moment there's not a lot of difference in games between the two systems, although hopefully things will kick on in 2015. Both have great futures and I'm particularly excited to see how the PS4 grows.

If you're getting a system with FIFA and you want to join in with people from here, you'll probably looking at the PS4 rather than the One. We'll be starting the league very soon, too. The One community will definitely grow, if only because there are some hardcore gamers here who will want to own everything, but there's not much of one at the moment. The majority of us here own PS4s. I don't know the deal with Minecraft as I don't play it or PGA, so I cannae help you there.

One thing I will say is that I paid £299 for my PS4 around April-ish, somewhere there. I've definitely got my monies worth and it's my primary console. I considered that a good deal at the time and I think there's probably better deals than that if you look for them. I seem to recall you posting an incredible offer the other week.

i posted in here because I was set on PS4 and have been following the thread, but the last few days have just been complaints about PSN, so on the contrary I thought I would get a very fair assessment on here from guys I chat with on COD and MK. Nobody has come out and said they regret getting the PS4 over XB1 so I guess I'm still in the PS4 camp, just wish they'd get some bundles out there to match XB1 right now.

So what do I buy??????

To be honest Microsoft have been getting these sorts of deals out because they know their console is faring worse than the competition and they need to sell units. For me, the ability to play with people online is more important than saving a few quid. Like you noticed, the PS4 is far more widely adopted on here, with only a few people having X1s, so you're going to find matches a heck of a lot easier. As far as I know there is next to no Destiny raid organising going on here for X1 users yet just this week we have run two full separate sets of raids (12 forumers total) on PS4.

As for the PSN downtime, it's not so much absolute downtime (although there has been some), rather there is a delay with sending and receiving messages and invites. It's annoying but I'd still rather have the system that people are actually playing on. I can't think what the cause of this is other than far more people adopted/are now using PS4 than they anticipated.

Exclusive wise as well, we have no idea what the future holds but PlayStation has historically had great Japanese dev support, so if you're into your RPGs then this will be another plus point. And most of your games will also run better on the system compared to X1.

Edited by Sheikah

i posted in here because I was set on PS4 and have been following the thread, but the last few days have just been complaints about PSN, so on the contrary I thought I would get a very fair assessment on here from guys I chat with on COD and MK. Nobody has come out and said they regret getting the PS4 over XB1 so I guess I'm still in the PS4 camp, just wish they'd get some bundles out there to match XB1 right now.

I was mostly teasing, brah. It's been quiet on here in general, but there's usually a lot of people gaming, just not a lot of discussing. (I'm always seeing tons of people on Destiny, for example)

The PSN downtime takes the piiiisss. On the whole, it's great. But, the last month or so has been quite stop-start. I wonder if yesterday's system update had owt to do with it or not, I dunno. It needs to be more stable because it's great when it all works.

I think the PS4 will always be the slightly more expensive console, possibly because of the power under the hood. It may hurt more in the short term, but I'd always go for what makes you/me happier in the long-run. My WiiU cost around £199 and my PS4 cost £100 more than that, yet I've got way more time out of the PS4, so to me that represents good value.

It's all about finding the right bundle,too.

PS4 with Fifa, Minecraft, Infamous: First Light and Wolfenstein for £389

PS4 with Fifa and Minecraft for £359

So what do I buy??????

If you're going to play a lot online, my best advice would be to buy the one most of your friends own. You'll get pretty much the same experience playing FIFA on PS4 as you would on Xbox One - the key differentiator would be being able to play with mates in my view.

I think hopefully the PSN downtime will calm down again after a while. Apart from the major events the PS3 was always pretty stable online and I think the PS4 is just struggling because of Destiny and then Driveclub. This is the first time Sony have had the lead platform in an online focused world so all we can really do is hope that they just werent ready for the type of loads they got and will be fixing that as we go on.

With the recent downtimes, I'm actually amazed that PSN took the brunt of the Destiny launch with no problem at all.

So what do I buy??????

For just those games I think theONE would serve you best, HOWEVER, like some have mentioned, if you want to play online then it all boils down to who do you know which has the machines? If just people on here then get a PS4 so you can play with us :) Personally, and I only own a ps4, I think the xbox has a better controller, better exclusives, and will likely be slightly better served on EA games and minecraft. But I'd still advise PS4... Our PS4 fifa groups is worth the price of admission!

@ReZourceman must be delighted, he can now spend all his time on the PS4 YouTube app rather than the PS3 one :) Edited by Cookyman