NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Sometimes I like looking at all the games I own (thanks to plus, lots) rather than just my most recent games. You don't go bast all your games do you? Just your most recent.

I just find it a really cumbersome way access stuff. Having the past 5 things you've played and then my library would be perfect. I don't care about music, or streaming or anything like that. I don't understand why we can't customise it!

Patch 2.0 might fix this as the desktop should be more customisable - if not take a photo of your list of games in the library since you like looking at it!

:heh:

PSN keeps screwing up a lot for me recently. Also, since yesterday, every time my PS4 shuts down, I get three beeps. I've done some research, and I know it's an app that's failed to close down, but it still worries the hell out of me. :/

Sometimes I like looking at all the games I own (thanks to plus, lots) rather than just my most recent games. You don't go bast all your games do you? Just your most recent.

I just find it a really cumbersome way access stuff. Having the past 5 things you've played and then my library would be perfect. I don't care about music, or streaming or anything like that. I don't understand why we can't customise it!

Surely it being at the end is then easier as you can just hold the stick in that direction until you stop.

I've just tried on Daft's and there's 45 icons and it takes four seconds of holding the stick to the right to get from start to end.

Plus I think we've got to remember it's not even been out for a year, I'm sure these things will come. It took the Wii U nearly two years to allow for greater customisation.

Patch 2.0 might fix this as the desktop should be more customisable - if not take a photo of your list of games in the library since you like looking at it!

:heh:

Hope so! And I don't literally just mean looking at them, I mean as in wondering what to play or what I still have to play.

Surely it being at the end is then easier as you can just hold the stick in that direction until you stop.

I've just tried on Daft's and there's 45 icons and it takes four seconds of holding the stick to the right to get from start to end.

Plus I think we've got to remember it's not even been out for a year, I'm sure these things will come. It took the Wii U nearly two years to allow for greater customisation.

I guess, but again, seems a clumsy way to navigate. Just some simple options and I'll be happy, function over form every time.

True regarding Wii u, well, with folders, you've always been able to move things around where you want. A merging of the two would be perfect actually.

It's just like looking across a shelf of DVDs when deciding what movie to watch. You don't empty the shelf every time, lay them out on the floor and then decide what to watch.

With me I know what I want to play when I turn the PS4 on. I turn it on to play a specific game. I understand everyone's different, but really? Scrolling across is really that annoying?

Hope so! And I don't literally just mean looking at them, I mean as in wondering what to play or what I still have to play.

I guess, but again, seems a clumsy way to navigate. Just some simple options and I'll be happy, function over form every time.

True regarding Wii u, well, with folders, you've always been able to move things around where you want. A merging of the two would be perfect actually.

How is it clumsy? Important things being at the top and bottom is quite a common design; websites, adverts, trailers, packaging etc.

How is it clumsy? Important things being at the top and bottom is quite a common design; websites, adverts, trailers, packaging etc.

All those things you mention are more advertising mediums. And I'm not objected to important things being first, but just a stream of everything you have in one long thing for me is really clumsy, why not just the five most recent? Why not let is decide what goes on that bar? I really find the UI pretty bad to be honest, think they PS3 is better; there's some good stuff, I like the vertical horizontal idea, but the most important one they got really wrong.

I think the UI on devices which have your media for you to consume should use the grid system - like phones, even film and music databases and such (and yes, like the 3DS and WIi U and Vita) so you can access everything you have much easier and rearrange them how you see fit.

Edited by dazzybee

Technology offers better ways to navigate, PS4 plus camera with voice search capability is infinity better than folders and list of icons. This is something Wii U should have built in, we use the mic for fuck all else.

You can do that with a regular mic as well, I haven't had much luck with its accuracy though.

Voice Search... really? Oh boy. Not only is it outdated "future tech" that people simply do not want to use. It isn't a useful tool generally, not only is it slower, but you need to know exactly hat you're looking for. What about when you don't know what you want? You want to browse what you have to see, or be inspired?

And like Shorty says, it doesn't even work that well. I don't mind it as an option, but that's all it should ever be. Customisable icons and folders, just a nice simple way of displaying your content.

All those things you mention are more advertising mediums. And I'm not objected to important things being first, but just a stream of everything you have in one long thing for me is really clumsy, why not just the five most recent? Why not let is decide what goes on that bar? I really find the UI pretty bad to be honest, think they PS3 is better; there's some good stuff, I like the vertical horizontal idea, but the most important one they got really wrong.

I think the UI on devices which have your media for you to consume should use the grid system - like phones, even film and music databases and such (and yes, like the 3DS and WIi U and Vita) so you can access everything you have much easier and rearrange them how you see fit.

Websites aren't (inherently).

Don't get me wrong, customisation would be great but I'm in the camp that it will come and it's early days. For now, I find the PS4 UI to be one of the best around.

Websites aren't (inherently).

Don't get me wrong, customisation would be great but I'm in the camp that it will come and it's early days. For now, I find the PS4 UI to be one of the best around.

I have no doubt it'll come either. And I guess it's all subjective to taste. But it's not how I like to navigate stuff. It's not w big issue for me :) Just a mild annoyance.

Just putting this here, if anyone picks up NBA 2k15. I need to make you aware, you could be waiting anything up to an hour to play the game (yes you heard that right). So far, i'm watching the Spurs play the Miami Heat (i say watching, i could play it). There is a known issue preventing the game going past the demo, and being unable to access the menus to do anything.

Link

@Murr

They're good. I got my PS4 from them. Came when they said it would.

how are Simply Games?

They are selling PS4 for £289 limited stock

They are excellent, I got mine from them as well.

Get it bought, go NEXT GEN and join the winning team!

I'm not sure £289 is actually a great deal for the solus pack considering you can fifa plus a download game for £349

They are excellent, I got mine from them as well.

Get it bought, go NEXT GEN and join the winning team!

He's already on the winning team. But it's well worth getting a secondary console for fifa!! :)

He's already on the winning team. But it's well worth getting a secondary console for fifa!! :)

He's already bought a PS4 and is getting a XBONE for Fifa? Seems a little excessive seeing as his PS4 can play Fifa but whatever.

Just had three of us playing three separate PS4s at once in our house, all on Destiny. Benefits of having so many consoles and screens!

He's already bought a PS4 and is getting a XBONE for Fifa? Seems a little excessive seeing as his PS4 can play Fifa but whatever.

Arf arf! :)

I see the servers are knackered AGAIN. I can't hook up with people on Destiny and members on Gaf are having issues with a host of other games. This is just getting stupid now. I pay to play online now, yet things like this keep cropping up and have done for the past few weeks.

I see the servers are knackered AGAIN. I can't hook up with people on Destiny and members on Gaf are having issues with a host of other games. This is just getting stupid now. I pay to play online now, yet things like this keep cropping up and have done for the past few weeks.

Well we've got it coming down on Monday for maintanence, hopefully that will be them working on getting it more stable.

Well we've got it coming down on Monday for maintanence, hopefully that will be them working on getting it more stable.

Yup. At 5pm onwards. Just in time for when everyone gets in from work.:indeed: