NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

The monitor I'm using in my room doesn't have built I'm speakers. I can't seem to find optical speakers for a decent price and buying normal speakers and an adaptor sounds like a faff. I'm close to buying a new TV or monitor.

The monitor I'm using in my room doesn't have built I'm speakers. I can't seem to find optical speakers for a decent price and buying normal speakers and an adaptor sounds like a faff. I'm close to buying a new TV or monitor.

Optical converters are super fucking expensive as well. You could get an HDMI to Component cable instead though, would be a lot cheaper than a new monitor.

HDMI to component cable? That's not even possible. HDMI is digital, component is analogue, you'd need a signal converter in between.

That's a cracking deal if i do say so myself.

I've finally persuaded a friend of mine to dip into the PS4, he's had a tax rebate so it's all good. He's getting one around the time The Evil Within comes out, i've also recommended he gets inFamous: Second Son/First Light and PS+.

Man, I love party chat.

I'm sitting watching the X-Factor, @Blade on Destiny and @lostmario on Fifa. All of us are discussing whether Cheryl Cole is hot. Next gen is here. :D

Cheryl Cole is so hot that if you were to shag her I'd blow you off right after just so I could see what she tasted like!

I wouldn't really of course, but to stress the point. Haha

I am so thankful for party chat mind. I don't play on my WiiU because it lacks it, I'd be on it much more if it had!

Cheryl Cole is so hot that if you were to shag her I'd blow you off right after just so I could see what she tasted like!

I wouldn't really of course, but to stress the point. Haha

I am so thankful for party chat mind. I don't play on my WiiU because it lacks it, I'd be on it much more if it had!

Lost doesn't like her..."too skinny". Me and Hero discovered that he has a fetish over the XXXXXXL kind of girl.

HDMI to component cable? That's not even possible. HDMI is digital, component is analogue, you'd need a signal converter in between.

Substitute the word cable for converter box. I could swear there were some integrated converter cables - although a look on Amazon tells me they're fake as balls. Oops .

Optical converters are super fucking expensive as well. You could get an HDMI to Component cable instead though, would be a lot cheaper than a new monitor.

I saw an optical audio to 3.5mm converter thing on ebay I was considering. Could plug standard speakers in that way.

What about Bluetooth speakers?

Had a google but found woolly answers about not being the right bluetooth standard or something...it confused me.

Sony really needs to sort PSN out. For a few weeks now messages haven't been going through and friends lists take ages to load up. It's happening again tonight!

Sony really needs to sort PSN out. For a few weeks now messages haven't been going through and friends lists take ages to load up. It's happening again tonight!

Yep, it's been extremely annoying and it seems to be doing it on a regular basis. At least with the Wii U the service is somewhat stable.

Sony needs to sort it.

Yep, it's been extremely annoying and it seems to be doing it on a regular basis. At least with the Wii U the service is somewhat stable.

Sony needs to sort it.

I'd still take a slow PSN over the garbage that is the Wii U OS. You have a friends list but can't do sod all with it. Oh look, the blue light has gone off on my pad. Is it a friend coming online or a message? I'll check it. Oops I'm playing an online game which means I'm locked out of the home screen. Marvellous.

The Wii U is stable because it's doing nothing. :D

I don't think the social aspect of the PSN is Sony's strong point, that's where at least the PS4 app comes in handy. I don't need to press the PSN button, wait forever to load up the message system then wait forever to reply to a message. I just wait forever via the app, and carry on gaming.

I don't think the social aspect of the PSN is Sony's strong point, that's where at least the PS4 app comes in handy. I don't need to press the PSN button, wait forever to load up the message system then wait forever to reply to a message. I just wait forever via the app, and carry on gaming.

Yeah, this is what nintendo need, messaging through miiverse on desktop, or even better, an app!

Though the psn messaging is so weirdly slow, literally minutes from a messaging being sent! (instant on wii u :) ), I thought this was standard but sounds like it's a recent thing!

There's something seriously wrong with the messaging on PSN on PS4 (and app) at the moment. Messages taking a while to send and load, and being alerted about being messaged but then not seeing the message in the list until minutes later. Hopefully they sort this out.

Yeah, this is what nintendo need, messaging through miiverse on desktop, or even better, an app!

Though the psn messaging is so weirdly slow, literally minutes from a messaging being sent! (instant on wii u :) ), I thought this was standard but sounds like it's a recent thing!

Yeah, think the combo of Destiny and Fifa may have crippled the service. :D It was much faster when I first got the PS4.

Yes, it's instant on the Wii U but if you ain't looking at the GamePad you would never know you had a message. Like I mentioned earlier, if you are playing an online game you can't even access the home screen. Such a shoddy, shoddy OS.

Yeah, think the combo of Destiny and Fifa may have crippled the service. :D It was much faster when I first got the PS4.

Yes, it's instant on the Wii U but if you ain't looking at the GamePad you would never know you had a message. Like I mentioned earlier, if you are playing an online game you can't even access the home screen. Such a shoddy, shoddy OS.

Yeah, beyond irritated, I like the UI and the design, but it just doesn't work how it should - PROPER notifications, works online etc Simple changes and it'd be great... Anyway... PS4... Are they ever going to sort the main game menu out? I don't want MY LIBRARY to be all the way at the back!

I don't get what the problem is. You have to go past all your games to get to your library so why do you need to go to the library? Unless you are re-downloading games and how often are you going to be doing that?

It needs organising but moving the library isn't the solution. The library is literally just a grid of your games instead of the list on the main menu.

Also, how many games could you possibly have considering you don't think there are any particularly great games out on the machine?

Especially when disc games are pushed to the front of the order (along with any recent games).

I don't get what the problem is. You have to go past all your games to get to your library so why do you need to go to the library? Unless you are re-downloading games and how often are you going to be doing that?

It needs organising but moving the library isn't the solution. The library is literally just a grid of your games instead of the list on the main menu.

Also, how many games could you possibly have considering you don't think there are any particularly great games out on the machine?

Especially when disc games are pushed to the front of the order (along with any recent games).

Yeah, it's never been an issue for me. I've got Destiny, Fifa and Shadows of Mordor on the go at the moment, as well as watching Amazon Prime stuff. All of this, along with the What's New section, are still on the first screen without having to scroll. Oh and Dust has popped up there now as well. :D

Is PSN even working at all now or is it just me?

Mines fine at the moment. Been on Destiny, about to go on Mordor and the friends list is actually working. For now....

Sometimes I like looking at all the games I own (thanks to plus, lots) rather than just my most recent games. You don't go bast all your games do you? Just your most recent.

I just find it a really cumbersome way access stuff. Having the past 5 things you've played and then my library would be perfect. I don't care about music, or streaming or anything like that. I don't understand why we can't customise it!