NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

fFZS448.jpg

I wonder how comfortable that will be.

I also wonder if the clip is compatible with the Vita (and if they'll add DS4 support for the Vita).

Edited by Cube

I've got the gameclip for my Xperia Z and it's pretty comfortable, downloaded emulators on it for everything from the NES to the PSone, I imagine a similar setup for remote play would be fucking great. My contract is up for renewal around January too :D.

Remember: There is no cross-buy between the PS4 and PSVita version. If you want the latter you can buy the PS3 version (has cross-buy with PSVita) and upgrade to the PS4 version for 3.99€.

Total cost: 23€ for all three versions.

Seeing as the Vita one will probably be sold for the same price as the others (18.99€), that's the cheapest way to go, if you want the Vita version, too. :)

Run Sackboy! Run! announced for Vita, iOS and Android

Using "simple tap and swipe gestures", Sackboy runs through three LittleBigPlanet worlds - Gardens, Canyons and Avalonia - for as long as he can, building speed as he goes.

Along the way, players collect bubbles to buy special costumes and upgrades. Some costumes have built-in score multipliers, while power-ups like a Jet Pack, Shield, Magnet and Glider can also be unlocked.

Sony noted that the game will feature a "mission ladder system, meaning there are always new objectives and challenges each time you play".

More importantly for fans of LittleBigPlanet, playing Run Sackboy! Run will also feature an in-game sticker book; as more stickers are collected, more exclusive costumes are unlocked for use in the upcoming LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4 and PS3.

Run Sackboy! Run is planned for release in October on Vita, iOS and Android devices.

Another example for the next time Serebii goes on about mobile games and how blah blah blah Sony this Nintendo that blah.

Sounds like a great way to adapt a franchise for a mobile audience while not detracting from the existing game.

Anyone else been unable to download anything from PSN in the last couple of hours?

Edit: Wonder if Minecraft did this. Doesn't bode well for the Destiny launch next week.

Edited by Shorty

So, I hear that the PS4 is region free. Is that true? What are the drawbacks or things to watch out for, if there is anything?

So, I hear that the PS4 is region free. Is that true? What are the drawbacks or things to watch out for, if there is anything?

Yep, it is.

The only drawback is that if you want DLC for the game you have to buy it off the relevant store. But that's fine, just means you have to make a US account too.

Yep, it is.

The only drawback is that if you want DLC for the game you have to buy it off the relevant store. But that's fine, just means you have to make a US account too.

Ok, awesome. Is it quite a tricky thing to do when you make a US account? Are you allowed to do that? What happens to your normal account if you make a US one?

Iknownothing

Google it. There are step-to-step guides for it somewhere on the net. I remember following one from Kotaku or whatever that place is called. Nothing will happen to your main account. On my PS3 I have an EU, NA and JAP account. You do need to buy PSN card for the respective region to pay for things though.

Very easy to do, you can set a new profile on your PS4 to associate your US PSN account with, such that switching PSN accounts is as simple as changing your profile.

Anything you download off your US account can also be played while signed in as your normal PSN account so that you still get trophies on your regular account and play with/talk to friends.

@Cookyman

I hope thats his name on here lol! My kids are playing at the minute, i might join you later if your online, was a right laugh last night. My missus was asleep next to me and im trying to get your attention for food without saying anything to wake her up :D

Eurogamer interview with Sony UK Boss Fergal Gara

He raised an interesting point on why PS4 sold so well.

He pointed to a "latent love" for the PlayStation brand that PS4 sparked into life.

"What we found brewing was this latent love for PlayStation that had got, not lost, but went semi-dormant for some people at least through the PlayStation 3 era. We saw an outpouring of emotion around the announce event itself, with #playstationmemories trending, and then we created a celebratory video. The tens of millions of views that footage had is an illustration for the latent love for the brand that was there.

This makes me think of Nintendo. I grew up with Nintendo and Sony, and while I recently bought a Wii U, I'm currently mainly a Playstation Gamer (for obvious reasons).

Nintendo somehow managed to destroy this "latent love" - or maybe even "overt love"? - for their brand for a lot of people.

not sure if I'm understanding/using the words "latent" and "overt" right, I hope you get what I mean

In others news, Destiny seems to help the PS4!

At midnight last night Destiny went on sale and this morning the PS4 shot through the one million sold mark in the UK. For Sony, Destiny is a system seller, with the £349 PS4 Destiny bundle the main attraction.

Ok, awesome. Is it quite a tricky thing to do when you make a US account? Are you allowed to do that? What happens to your normal account if you make a US one?

Iknownothing

It's very easy to do, i've got a US account on my PS4 which i use to access the WWE Network. I would use it to access the NBA Gametime app, but it won't let me access it as my NBA pass was bought in the UK and not the US.

There are many guides on Google available to assist you, but as it's been said you will need US PS+ wallet codes to buy stuff. But at least it's accessable on the EU PSN account.

Unlike on the Vita, where you need a separate memory card for any account, even the same region :mad:

Can anyone remember what the biggest gaming news has been this year? Doing an article that is going to cover the new consoles, Destiny, Facebook's acquisition of Oculus, and #Gamergate, but need my memory refreshing on other stories and releases. Cheers for any help.

Edited by dwarf

Bought some thumbstick grips, sick to death of these tripe analogues!

Bought some thumbstick grips, sick to death of these tripe analogues!

Same, I finally purchased a double pack of them after realising just how much my thumb was slipping off the sticks while playing Destiny earlier, will probably put the other pair on my PS3 pad. : peace: