NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Wow. @Fierce_LiNk, can't recommend these enough at this price. Make such a difference to gaming.

It's a good price, but I can't spend any more money at the moment. I'm already spending waaaay too much, especially as I've got pre-orders down already for Destiny and Fifa (with Alien soon). Think Ine would throttle me if I spent that much on a headset at the moment. :shakehead

On the plus side, the poverty PS4 headset isn't actually that bad! Think I'll survive with that for a while, then may look to the better headset in the future.

It's funny, you are in the same boat that I was in beforehand. I hadn't played Tomb Raider or The Last of Us before owning a PS4 and I was really excited by Watch Dogs.

If you're going to get one anyway, I would just jump in when you have that "twitch" moment where a deal or offer comes along and you know internally that it is the right one. For me, ShopTo's price was just right. For you, it could be that white bundle.

I enjoyed the shit out of Tomb Raider and playing The Last of Us still (Left Behind). Both have been phenomenal for me and I also enjoyed Watch Dogs. Things are also still very early days and the software is just going to get better. If you owned a PS3 and thought you got your fix from there, you should be good with this. :D

Thanks. Yeah I guess I'm feeling like it's the right kind of time now. Think the white one is exclusive to game over here but they have it bundled with Destiny for £350 which seems reasonable to me compared to elsewhere.

It's not out til the 9th apparently, so will mull it over.

Anyone else got Diablo 3? Such a fun game!!!

I've been tempted as my brother said it was great ( he played the vanilla version on the 360 ). Problem is I'm still plugging away at Creed, have Watch Dogs and Knack sitting on my shelf and Transistor, Oddworld, Killzone and Strider sitting on the hard drive. The PS4 clearly has no games. :D

Hmmm reading that back I may just cancel Metro. Pointless buying it now as it's not even going to get a look it at the moment.

I need to clear some of this before the onslaught of September & October arrives.

The PS4 clearly has no games. :D.

If only that was true.

Got Knack, Last of Us (plus Left Behind) & Killzone to finish then the mulitplayer modes for two of them to try out.

Battlefield 4 to lend off my brother once I've finished Knack.

Looking to pick up Watchdogs & Infamous when they are at bargain prices (£15 each)

Still not sure about Destiny, might hold off and wait for the initial problems (there will be some) to be sorted out before jumping in.

Then Fifa at the end of the month.

Oh and the Playstation Plus games, holding off activating my subscription until I'm ready to use it for online mulitplayer.

No @lostmario, no! Get Destiny upon release! Problems won't be much at all give that there's been an Alpha & Beta!

Ine is playing Asses of Creed and is receiving a back rub from me.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

Or very, very right.

No @lostmario, no! Get Destiny upon release! Problems won't be much at all give that there's been an Alpha & Beta!

We'll see.

Shame I missed out on the Beta as that would have made my mind up on whether to get it a release.

We'll see.

Shame I missed out on the Beta as that would have made my mind up on whether to get it a release.

If it helps, it's unlikely I'll be able to play much until early October. So see you then? :p

Fine, its pre-ordered from Amazon.

Is @Blade buying it?

Is it just my thumb that keeps sliding off the thumbstick when playing most third person games like ACIV and Infamous? I find myself constantly having to readjust my thumb every 30 seconds or so. Had no such problem with the 360 pad, been playing Dead Rising 2 Off The Record recently with zero slip offs whatsoever.

Is it just my thumb that keeps sliding off the thumbstick when playing most third person games like ACIV and Infamous? I find myself constantly having to readjust my thumb every 30 seconds or so. Had no such problem with the 360 pad, been playing Dead Rising 2 Off The Record recently with zero slip offs whatsoever.

My left thumb tends to slip off the left stick from time to time. I also never had any issues with the 360 sticks. I think it's just the material they are made from.

I watched a video the other day of a guy taking out the sticks from the PS4 pad and replacing them with Xbox ones. Looks pretty simple...

I use thumb grip caps on my DS4, has helped with slipping and prevents wear to the DS4 sticks. Pretty cheap to pick up if you wanted to see if they help at all.

I use thumb grip caps on my DS4, has helped with slipping and prevents wear to the DS4 sticks. Pretty cheap to pick up if you wanted to see if they help at all.

To never even thought about that. I may have to invest in some.

Is it these?

To never even thought about that. I may have to invest in some.

Loads on eBay, I think I picked up 4 for a couple of quid.

Is it these?

Yeah, that's them, although I got 4 of the dimpled caps.

WeOcdan.jpg

I've got these thumbstick protectors/grips:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Thumb-Grips-4-Pack/dp/B00GH7UA32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408796031&sr=8-1&keywords=orb+ps4

31Z8XJBOVdL._SX342_.jpg

There's two different types in this pack, and both are decent. One looks just like the one above, and the other is very similar to the original Xbox 360 thumbsticks with four dimples, I actually prefer the latter.

I just bought that PS4 headset :D I was sold when I realised they fold up and have a low profile microphone.

Edited by Shorty

On the subject of Hotline Miami, when is the sequel due?

Sometime this year. Nothing specific has been announced, yet :(

Just 'finished' Hotline Miami again on PS4. I still love it.

Now to get all the collectibles : peace:

WeOcdan.jpg

Coincidentally mine were delivered yesterday :D They are great.

Edited by drahkon

I thought it was just me having issues with the stick! My left thumb keeps slipping off, which is quite annoying when you are chasing someone/running away in Assassin's Creed. Might need to get these grips!

I just bought that PS4 headset :D I was sold when I realised they fold up and have a low profile microphone.

Just bought the PS4 headset as well :D It's now £59 on Amazon, couldn't resist.

Just bought the PS4 headset as well :D It's now £59 on Amazon, couldn't resist.

It's 85€ on Amazon.de too, but from a third party seller. I'm reluctant to get one because if it breaks again, getting a refund might be a bit more difficult than when buying directly from Amazon.

I think I might just wait. Destiny is still two weeks away.

It's 85€ on Amazon.de too, but from a third party seller. I'm reluctant to get one because if it breaks again, getting a refund might be a bit more difficult than when buying directly from Amazon.

I think I might just wait. Destiny is still two weeks away.

Yeah, I managed to get mine directly from Amazon, a third party seller was slightly cheaper at the time but I went with the security of Amazon direct. The prices on these on the UK site have been jumping around all weekend (back at £63 at the mo) might be worth keeping an eye on them on Amazon.de.

might be worth keeping an eye on them on Amazon.de.

Am doing ;) However, Amazon haven't had the headset in stock for weeks... :( Sony has to deliver :D

PSN down...well, I don't really care. :p Currently finishing Second Son for the second time to get the platinum.

And after that I'll try to get the platinum in Hotline Miami. : peace:

PSN is down. :(

HERE

That's too bad, I had two games I planned to play, GTAV Online and FFXIV.