NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Uncharted 4...

...upcoming in 2015.

You're welcome. : peace:

Uncharted trilogy remastered a possibility you think?

Uncharted trilogy remastered a possibility you think?

In the meantime?

Based on the sales of The Last of Us Remastered I'd certainly say that it's a possibility, I'd certainly buy them again! :D

Speaking of, I've still got TLOUR to finish. : peace:

Someone save me a bit of time: what's upcoming for PS4? Action, adventure stuff.

Alien.....

Someone save me a bit of time: what's upcoming for PS4? Action, adventure stuff.

Witcher III, Batman Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4........................... in 2015!!!

But in 2014, we've got Destiny.

Dying Light is out in February too, I think. The latest trailer looks awesome. Pretty much starting from Destiny, the next six months are awesome.

Although, with Metro Redux and Infamous First Light out in the two weeks before, maybe from then onward.

Minecraft for PS4/Vita is supposed to be this month too.

I hope they dont have to wait for the Xbox One version to be done as well before they can put that out.

Alien.....

That's all that you need to know, tbh. :yay:

There's a few other nice looking games that I'm not sold on yet because I don't know enough about them. Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition and Assassin's Creed Unity being three of them.

God damn Shopto, i thought i'd ordered early enough friday for it to already be dispatched...it only went out today

I hate waiting

That's all that you need to know, tbh. :yay:

There's a few other nice looking games that I'm not sold on yet because I don't know enough about them. Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition and Assassin's Creed Unity being three of them.

I'm positive something would help convince you of that last one...

What, though...WHAT?! ;)

I'm positive something would help convince you of that last one...

What, though...WHAT?! ;)

IGN's review when it hits?

Videos on Gametrailers?

Youtube?

I don't know, man? WHAT?!

(I'm going to start it once I complete The Last of Us, which is very soon)

Why Alien: Isolation Lead Designer Favours The PS4 Version

Staff

Creative Assembly prefers the PS4 version of Alien: Isolation, and for a very interesting reason.

These days it's hard to spend any time on the internet without someone arguing about bloody resolutions and frame rate.

So it's interesting to hear from Creative Assembly's Gary Napper explain why he favours the PS4 version, with a reason that isn't simply 'better graphics, innit'.

While discussing the difference between last-gen and current-gen, Napper assured that the only difference is graphical fidelity; the dynamic AI of Alien: Isolation remains unchanged.

All the same, Napper then went on to claim the PS4 as his favourite platform for the game.

"My favourite version is the PS4 version – and I say that as a massive Microsoft fan – so to say the PS4 version is my favourite feels a bit weird," said Napper.

"The reason is – and it’s so minor – but we’ve made the DS4 to act like the motion tracker, so it lights up along with the radar blips and if the alien’s close-by it goes off quicker

"It adds so much immersion, when it’s all dark and your legs are lit up in your peripheral vision."

Napper added that when he first tried it he expected it to be little more than a "good gimmick", but "it genuinely is a very good feature".

Napper admitted that "we’ve got something specific going on with each of the platforms", but if you're interested in playing the ultimate, immersive Alien game it seems PS4 is the way to go.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2522290/why_alien_isolation_lead_designer_favours_the_ps4_version.html

I love all the subtle uses of the DS4.

Oh fuck, why didn't I think of that?

Will there be a difference in terms of lighting and AI between the new-gen versions and last gen? It won't literally be the same game, right?

I keep logging into here and expect to see news that it's been delayed or it's suddenly turned bad. Terrified, brah.

If Sigourney Weaver had a go and said it was "just like stepping into the movie" and she even went as far as to lend her voice to it... I'm totally sold.

why does deleteing an app take so long on the ps4? I downloaded tower fall as it was on psplus and hated it, so now its been telling me please wait after selecting delete about 5min ago....

still loving it all so far

Was hoping for Minecraft PS4 today :( Didn't come out, anyone know the release date?

Was hoping for Minecraft PS4 today :( Didn't come out, anyone know the release date?

No release date yet, apparently it was being held up a little due to big fixing on the X1 and Vita versions. Apparently they sent the final versions off recently though.

did not love my first night with a PS4 really as much as i should have!

Firstly it crashed during deleting Towerfall Ascension and had to be unplugged to fix it

Then when my Girlfriend wanted to watch TV i thought i'd try remote play, and whilst it was great the WiiU's latency has spoilt it for me. Firstly the right analogue stick on the vita seemed to need calibrating, so while playing shadowfall i was always turning left...result exit the game and reset the vita!

Once i was back in i had ridiculous lag despite being 2m form the ps4

*sigh* buyers remorse after that a little!

but i did only set it up at 9:30 and use it for an hour and a half, i had to do some DIY that took far longer than expected....gonna finish work early and see if i can fall in love

Did you use the direct link? No idea what exactly it's called, it let's you connect the Vita directly (duh) to your PS4 via WiFi without using the router. This made remote play lag-free for me. : peace:

did not love my first night with a PS4 really as much as i should have!

Firstly it crashed during deleting Towerfall Ascension and had to be unplugged to fix it

Then when my Girlfriend wanted to watch TV i thought i'd try remote play, and whilst it was great the WiiU's latency has spoilt it for me. Firstly the right analogue stick on the vita seemed to need calibrating, so while playing shadowfall i was always turning left...result exit the game and reset the vita!

*sigh* buyers remorse after that a little!

but i did only set it up at 9:30 and use it for an hour and a half, i had to do some DIY that took far longer than expected....gonna finish work early and see if i can fall in love

Mine did the same thing a few days in, crashed and lost my saves! Don't worry about it, its just a little hiccup :)

Did you use the direct link? No idea what exactly it's called, it let's you connect the Vita directly (duh) to your PS4 via WiFi without using the router. This made remote play lag-free for me. : peace:

That reminds me, i need to try this as i tried it via my router (and got the lag).

why does deleteing an app take so long on the ps4? I downloaded tower fall as it was on psplus and hated it, so now its been telling me please wait after selecting delete about 5min ago....

It's just punishing you for being awful ;)

I think you need some mates to really enjoy tower fall.

I have no mates :(

Seriously though maybe I was too harsh

Eitherway tried it more today and it's much better, kill zone is alright but it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be.

I tried P.T.

I can't take that game! I actually passed the pad to my girlfriend to explore the bathroom.....then took it back shortly after while listening to the radio......no idea when the end of the demo is, I switched it off

No no no nightmare fuel

Game wise it looked amazing!