NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Got all my PS4 games preordered for the year at the weekend. Well, all but Destiny at the moment. I plan to get it but for some reason after really enjoying the Alpha my excitement has dropped. I even had a beta key but never bothered using it.

Anyway, the others I preordered were Dragon Age 3, WWE 2K15 and Far Cry 4. After watching Giant Bomb's video on The Crew I will probably pick that up as well but i'll decide closer to the time.

Dragon Age is a wait and see for me. Liked the first one more than the second, either way I'd like to get some opinions on it before buying.

I'm still hoping for a Beyond announcement at Gamescom. I'd would love to play through that again. The visuals were already amazing on the PS3, so who knows how good they will look after a bit of PS4 polish.

I never played that one either, if it comes out i'll be sure to give it a go.

So I was walking down the high street on my lunch break when the urge just hit me. It was the flyer in the window... PS4 Last of Us edition.

So I walked into Grainger and snapped up that bad boy along with WatchDogs and I pre-ordered Destiny. Paid £397 after knocking a little off with some points I had on my rewards card.

Welcome to the world of PS4.

Dragon Age is a wait and see for me. Liked the first one more than the second, either way I'd like to get some opinions on it before buying.

I was going to be the same with Dragon Age but I have liked what ive seen from that game so far and am really in the mood for a good story game on my PS4. Its just such a shame that it got pushed back a few weeks because I was planning on it being my main Extra Life game.

@kav82, sooo, are you enjoying it? I've just had a look on your profile and see that you've already changed your consoles owned to accommodate the PS4. :D

@kav82, sooo, are you enjoying it? I've just had a look on your profile and see that you've already changed your consoles owned to accommodate the PS4. :D

I'm just setting it up now. I wasn't it straight after work as my dad is I hospital at the moment so I was visiting him.

Installing everything etc.

Ok, PSN ID is on the left (or here: RadKav82) just downloading Netflix and the like, I've already bought PS+, won't manage any gaming tonight, I'm pooped. It's hooked up to my projector though... nice!

Edited by Kav
Automerged Doublepost

Sent a couple of you friend requests :D When Destiny comes out I may have to join this clan thingy. Not used to much online console play, for which I completely blame Nintendo ;)

What's this Destiny game everyone is talking about? Halo MMO?

I just realised that the PS3 is the first forwards compatible games console because it runs all the best games of its successor.

@kav82 @lostmario I was reading today that the Wii U headsets we have apparently work on the PS4! I'm gonna check it out once I get in from work tonight. I hope they do as it will save me getting another headset.

@kav82 @lostmario I was reading today that the Wii U headsets we have apparently work on the PS4! I'm gonna check it out once I get in from work tonight. I hope they do as it will save me getting another headset.

I've read that too, will be great if they do!

I was so close to buying one today but after looking through the games currently out, I couldn't justify spending £340-£370 on a console with there being only one game currently out that I would buy for it.

I'll be keeping an eye out for any good bundles in the meantime. Its a definite buy, its just a case of when.

Just seen this ... so tempting,

I was so close to buying one today but after looking through the games currently out, I couldn't justify spending £340-£370 on a console with there being only one game currently out that I would buy for it.

I'll be keeping an eye out for any good bundles in the meantime. Its a definite buy, its just a case of when.

Just seen this ... so tempting,

Yeah I was the same. And actually having it I still play the Wii u more... Resogun is great, infamous seems pretty good. Nothing amazing. And I have a ps3 so all it's best games I already have... Has a potentially amazing future, but i find its success staggering when you look at what's on it... Image is everything!

Yeah I was the same. And actually having it I still play the Wii u more... Resogun is great, infamous seems pretty good. Nothing amazing. And I have a ps3 so all it's best games I already have... Has a potentially amazing future, but i find its success staggering when you look at what's on it... Image is everything!

I'm the complete opposite. I've had mine a few weeks and have nine retail games and a bunch of digital ones. I can't stop playing on it.

It still baffles me why you bought one in the first place?

I'm the complete opposite. I've had mine a few weeks and have nine retail games and a bunch of digital ones. I can't stop playing on it.

I'm the same. Only got 3 retail games so far but bought a digital game almost every day. On it constantly.

But most are games you've played on one or ps3 surely.

I bought it because it was cheap (ish) and for future games. I'll want FIFA, alien if it's good. I've explained this last time you questioned why I bought, not quite sure why it's so difficult to understand. I don't think there's much on the console currently, particularly if you own a ps3. There's not much of an argument against that is there?

But most are games you've played on one or ps3 surely.

I bought it because it was cheap (ish) and for future games. I'll want FIFA, alien if it's good. I've explained this last time you questioned why I bought, not quite sure why it's so difficult to understand. I don't think there's much on the console currently, particularly if you own a ps3. There's not much of an argument against that is there?

Only Wolfenstein, MGS and TLOU the rest I've never played before.

You have a PS3 and FIFA will be out on that. It's difficult to understand because you comment how there are so few games you want to play on the console yet you bought one anyway. Surely it would be better to buy one when the games you want arrive?

At the end of the day, who am I to tell you how to spend your monies?

Only Wolfenstein, MGS and TLOU the rest I've never played before.

You have a PS3 and FIFA will be out on that. It's difficult to understand because you comment how there are so few games you want to play on the console yet you bought one anyway. Surely it would be better to buy one when the games you want arrive?

At the end of the day, who am I to tell you how to spend your monies?

That was the plan. But it was on and I'm a sucker for spending money... Especially when I have a time limit for a day sale :) I don't regret it. Love resogun, infamous seems great. Just pointing out how lacking I think the software lineup, and that it's big games seem to be remakes of, admittedly excellent, ps3 games.

In truth, there aren't a great deal of next-gen games at the moment, let alone games exclusively for the PS4. Why would there be? If developers can still make money off the 360 and PS3, they will. Rightfully so, too. There's a huge install base there and they already know the systems inside out. The PS4 will really start as soon as developers leave behind the PS3 and 360 and focus purely on the PS4 and One. If I remember rightly, I'm sure that the PS2 still had games released for it when the PS3 first came out. Think this was also the case with the NES/SNES, but I might be wrong on that one. The fact that the 360 has been going since...what...2005 is a great thing. People sure got their money's worth with that one...provided it didn't red-ring on you.

That's partly why there's quite a few cross-generational games. However, what you know for certain about the PS4 is that you know that the support will be there. Even now, when there isn't that many exclusives for the system, there are still games there and games that will be released in the coming months. It's not a drought in that sense because the games are still there, they are just also available on other systems, too. Not...really a terrible thing.

I'm loving it, tbh. Even today with the news about Resident Evil Remake HD, even if I don't get the game, there's still that nice feeling that I know I can purchase it if I want it. I didn't have that choice when I solely owned a WiiU. I look at Tomb Raider and the Last of Us (even Watch Dogs, which I love but many seem to dislike) and I'm completely happy with it.

I just realised that the PS3 is the first forwards compatible games console because it runs all the best games of its successor.

Hahahahhaha! This is incredible dude.

So yeah.... I'm still seeing the PS+ games for July on the store page, I'm unable to view the August ones for some reason...

So yeah.... I'm still seeing the PS+ games for July on the store page, I'm unable to view the August ones for some reason...

Same here. When are they meant to go up?

Looks like some high-octane-action-shooter.

Love it :laughing:

You’ll be able to get your hands on Velocity 2X on 3rd September in Europe, with the game supporting both Cross-Save AND Cross-Buy between PlayStation 4 and PS Vita

Source