NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Not so sure about that. Nintendo and Microsoft have both dropped the ball this generation. So many people are moving from being devout 360 owners to the PS4 without giving the Xbox One a second thought. A huge number of my 360 friends list have vanished and popped up on Sony's side.

Not so sure about that. Nintendo and Microsoft have both dropped the ball this generation. So many people are moving from being devout 360 owners to the PS4 without giving the Xbox One a second thought. A huge number of my 360 friends list have vanished and popped up on Sony's side.

I don't know about XboxBrahs, only Nintendo folk. I saw that many people on here last gen had a Wii + at least one other system. There seemed to be loads of PS3 owners at the end of the last cycle, so it seems natural to see the same faces then pick up a PS4, too.

Can definitely see 360 owners not going with the One, though, so you're probably right there. Don't know that many 360 owners in real life.

I never had a PS3 until feb 2013 and I barely played it, 360 was my main and I jumped that ship because Microsoft went from pioneering great shit like their XBLA summer releases and great multiplayer titles to being all about Netflix and sports coverage. A lot of people I know are doing the same.

Finished Rogue Legacy for the first time. What a fun little game : peace:

New Game+, here I come!

Same, great game. The stuff that carried over made it even more fun than Spelunky for me.

Picked up Wolfenstein and Rayman Legends yesterday after getting my first platinum with Infamouse: Second Son.

Lost 3 hours on Rayman last night, what a great little platformer!

XBLA summer releases and great multiplayer titles

Don't, man. Just don't. Still hurts.

Remember Shadow Complex?

I've never owned a PS3, or any of its predessesors for that matter. Not sure what made me jump to the PS4 but very glad I did. Even convinced a couple of friends to get one too, (one of which had a 360 the other not having anything since the N64).

Haven't played my WiiU since I got the PS4 but I do take it round a friends once a month where we have a Mario Kart gathering. Nintendo still wins at local multiplayer, but that's about it at the moment.

And another one joins the party.

Shall we just rename the site Playstation Europe and just be done with it? :D

I'm definitely getting a PS4 as soon as possible too. Can't say no to The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed 4 and Tomb Raider.

As soon as I have the money....

Picked up Wolfenstein and Rayman Legends yesterday after getting my first platinum with Infamouse: Second Son.

Lost 3 hours on Rayman last night, what a great little platformer!

Congrats on the platinum!

Both Rayman and Wolfenstein are fine additions to your collection. Both are brilliant games.

My Rayman Legends is still wrapped up. Kinda wish I had waited it out and got it for PS4 instead of WiiU. But, only have one DualShock4, so at least I can get on dat dere multiplayer action on WiiU.

Is there much of a difference anyway between the two versions?

My Rayman Legends is still wrapped up. Kinda wish I had waited it out and got it for PS4 instead of WiiU. But, only have one DualShock4, so at least I can get on dat dere multiplayer action on WiiU.

Is there much of a difference anyway between the two versions?

If you already have the Wii U version then personally I'd just sell the PS4 version of it while it's still going for a reasonable price, I'm assuming it was bundled with the PS4?

Equally though if you wanted to play through it again at some point then hang onto eeeet! : peace:

If you already have the Wii U version then personally I'd just sell the PS4 version of it while it's still going for a reasonable price, I'm assuming it was bundled with the PS4?

Equally though if you wanted to play through it again at some point then hang onto eeeet! : peace:

Noooo, I only have the WiiU version. :p I'm saying that I wish I had held on for longer and got the PS4 version eventually before "settling" for it on the WiiU.

Im amazed at how many games iv completed lately. Normally i buy a game, play it a bit then leave it for 8 months until its not worth anything lol. Iv completed more games on my PS4 in the 3 months iv had it, than i have in the last 3 years on other machines. Im half tempted to stick together a completed list, im sure iv done about 8 games this year :D

Rayman is amazing! I cant find a platinum for it online though but i think its a game i will 100% anyway. Lats night i just kept going "one more try, one more try". Amazing!

I might share its time with wolfenstein which i hear is great?

Noooo, I only have the WiiU version. :p I'm saying that I wish I had held on for longer and got the PS4 version eventually before "settling" for it on the WiiU.

In that case I would say just stick with the Wii U version. : peace:

If the PS4 version was the definitive release of it then I would have probably said it might be worth trading up to it but I don't think that's the case here, personally I've now re purchased two games on the PS4 that I already had on other formats, those being Tomb Raider and now The Last of Us - which is just Hnnnnnnnnnnggggh! but I wish I had more time to play eet :( - but I think the Wii U version of Rayman is perfectly decent even if the game isn't quite as good as some reviews would have you believe; for the Rayman series it's still something of a revelation! :)

The trophys do sound a lot better than CoD exp or the score on online MK8 which require no skill whatsoever to increase just a lot of play time.

For COD I agree with what you said, but for MK8, no. If you are crap you'll lose points every race so it does require skill.

Anyway, work shutdown this week, tempted to spend some money.

Going into Hillsborough tomorrow, if the independent shop I regularly go to has a reasonably priced PS4 / Last of Us bundle, tomorrow could be the day!

For COD I agree with what you said, but for MK8, no. If you are crap you'll lose points every race so it does require skill.

Going into Hillsborough tomorrow, if the independent shop I regularly go to has a reasonably priced PS4 / Last of Us bundle, tomorrow could be the day!

Probably be some kind of knock off going there.

Go into town, Peaks or Meadowhall. I'm going to get the Last of Us bundle too!

Probably be some kind of knock off going there.

Go into town, Peaks or Meadowhall. I'm going to get the Last of Us bundle too!

He's got a pre-owned boxed one for £290.

I don't really want a pre-owned one but its tempting, with him being independent, might be able to get him to throw in a few extras in with it.

Rayman is amazing! I cant find a platinum for it online though but i think its a game i will 100% anyway. Lats night i just kept going "one more try, one more try". Amazing!

The platinum is a nightmare due to one trophy. You have to collect 1 million lums and you only have about half of that by the time you finish the rest of the game.

It's quite surprising how many of my friends have bought a PS4 over an Xbox One this generation, as it's been mentioned both Nintendo and Microsoft have seemingly dropped the ball (Microsoft are trying to pick it back up again), but Sony have picked up the ball and seemingly are exploding out of the starting blocks.

Sony have also started releasing last gen classics for it's console, letting the gamers whom have missed the best Sony have to offer a chance to play them (ok, only exclusive re-release i know of so far is The Last of Us, but more are coming soon according to Sony). I do think (and believe) i should have bought a Playstation sooner.

Sony have also started releasing last gen classics for it's console, letting the gamers whom have missed the best Sony have to offer a chance to play them (ok, only exclusive re-release i know of so far is The Last of Us, but more are coming soon according to Sony). I do think (and believe) i should have bought a Playstation sooner.

I'm still hoping for a Beyond announcement at Gamescom. I'd would love to play through that again. The visuals were already amazing on the PS3, so who knows how good they will look after a bit of PS4 polish.

The platinum is a nightmare due to one trophy. You have to collect 1 million lums and you only have about half of that by the time you finish the rest of the game.

Wow, i thought i was doing well with my 15k lums after 1 play :D Looks like a platinum would be hard earned with this game then :p At least i can let my kids play it whenever they want!

So I was walking down the high street on my lunch break when the urge just hit me. It was the flyer in the window... PS4 Last of Us edition.

So I walked into Grainger and snapped up that bad boy along with WatchDogs and I pre-ordered Destiny. Paid £397 after knocking a little off with some points I had on my rewards card.

So I was walking down the high street on my lunch break when the urge just hit me. It was the flyer in the window... PS4 Last of Us edition.

So I walked into Grainger and snapped up that bad boy along with WatchDogs and I pre-ordered Destiny. Paid £397 after knocking a little off with some points I had on my rewards card.

Bluddy hell, no hanging about! Welcome. :D

If you are quick, you should get PS+. As far as I can see, the games from July are on there. So, you might still be able to get last month's games and be there in time for next month's, too. I think there were 3 games from last month (Strider, Towerfall and Doki Doki) and two for this month (FEZ and Road Not Taken...which I don't think we've got yet) so you could have an extra 5 downloadable games there. Can anyone confirm this for me or am I chatting bullshit?

Also, another Watch Dogs, brah. I hope you like it. :D

I'm so happy for you right now. :)

Bluddy hell, no hanging about! Welcome. :D

If you are quick, you should get PS+. As far as I can see, the games from July are on there. So, you might still be able to get last month's games and be there in time for next month's, too. I think there were 3 games from last month (Strider, Towerfall and Doki Doki) and two for this month (FEZ and Road Not Taken...which I don't think we've got yet) so you could have an extra 5 downloadable games there. Can anyone confirm this for me or am I chatting bullshit?

Also, another Watch Dogs, brah. I hope you like it. :D

Yeah, that's correct. I think the next titles hit this week. I imagine he will be getting Plus as he wants to play online.

I tried the party chat feature over the weekend with my brother and was happy/surprised to see it works without the need of a + subscription ( my bro doesn't have one ). I thought my headset was bust as it wasn't picking me up. It turns out you really have to jam the thing into the pad until it clicks. :D I'll probably pick up a proper headset before Destiny hits but the one you get free will do for now.

I'm still hoping for a Beyond announcement at Gamescom. I'd would love to play through that again. The visuals were already amazing on the PS3, so who knows how good they will look after a bit of PS4 polish.

It was a great game, wouldn't mind playing through that again if it's reasonable priced.

Still waiting on that e-mail about the PS4 being shipped. It's almost 4 pm over here and no e-mail..Surely the warehouse is closing down soon.