NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

So yeah, the Destiny beta was taking the piss to download last night, so I switched off my console, deciding to continue downloading this morning.

It all started ok; I switched mt TV volume off, switched my PS4 on, started up Destiny, checked it was downloading, then switched my TV off. However, I came back to it before I left, and when I went to the PS4 channel, I was presented with a black screen, and no audio when I turned the volume up.

I tried to switch it off, only to have the white power light pulsating at me. After a few seconds came the three dreaded beeps. Luckily, after looking this up, I held down the power button for 30 seconds and it switched off. Turning it back on again, it seemed to work ok, so I started the download again and.turned off my TV. I'm on my way to work now, and have left my flat mate to keep an eye on it, but I'm still terrified that my PS4 will somehow become completely fucked up.

Anyone had this before? Should it be ok to leave it? Sorry for the long post, I'm desperate at the moment.

I wouldn't worry too much. I crashed my PS4 via Remote Play and it stayed on in some kind of limbo for a whole 24 hours. It was blisteringly hot to touch when I finally got to it, but I just let it chill. The console still has bugs in it.

Thanks for the reassurance. I called my flat mate earlier, and he says it's been downloading quite happily. May actually be able to play the Destiny beta tonight. :)

Not to bring up an old shitty game, but Killzone has to be one of the worst games I've played in the last five years. So so bad

Not to bring up an old shitty game, but Killzone has to be one of the worst games I've played in the last five years. So so bad

I'd partially agree, single player does indeed suck balls however multi player is sublime.

It-has-begun-600x327.jpg

image_zps9a2388b5.jpg

image_zps29651629.jpg

This cost me a maximum of £35. I traded in a bunch of 3DS and Wii U games, as well as my 360, which has been a glorified Sky box for over a year now. They guy also put a preorder down for Destiny for me as this upped my trade in value by 20%. It also netted me a Beta code. :D

I have Knack on the way ( what? I wanna try it ) and have a few games like Resogun and Contrast sitting waiting on PSN for me. I also have Killzone waiting on PSN after I managed to get it for a around a quid when they botched the price up. :)

image_zps64dead35.jpg

Welcome to the family!

I haven't played anything yet but I have faffed on with the UI and Store for a bit. I can't believe how fast and smooth it is! It's night and day the difference between the PS3 and the PS4. I'm also loving the little touches like Overview which of my friends have played what.

I was going to wait until Destiny arrived so I could nab the white PS4 but white consoles have a tendency of turning yellow over time. I also cannot wait to play Abe's Odyssey this coming week. :bowdown:

Infamous is first on my hit list. Let the games begin!

afprv.jpg

How much was Wolfenstein? I bought kill some and infamous, wolfed steins the only other game I want but waiting for it to be sub £20

The Unfinished Swan is little more than a solid tech demo.

@Hero\-of\-Time, I'm 'mirin hard at your PS4 deal and games list. Seems like that there's a few people getting one in time for Destiny. Am definitely going to get it now that there's so many on here who will be playing it.

@Retro_Link, where did you hear that? Is there a date? I want Journey, dammit.

Read it on IGN...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/18/korea-says-the-unfinished-swan-is-coming-to-ps4-vita

The Unfinished Swan -- an excellent downloadable PS3 game from Sony-affiliated studio Giant Sparrow -- appears to be en route to both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

Word comes by way of Gematsu, which notes that The Unfinished Swan for both PS4 and Vita have appeared on entries from the Korean Game Rating Boards. This wouldn't be the first time Korean listings have outed a game before it was announced: the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was also revealed in this way.

@Hero\-of\-Time, I'm 'mirin hard at your PS4 deal and games list. Seems like that there's a few people getting one in time for Destiny. Am definitely going to get it now that there's so many on here who will be playing it.

You sure you don't want a beta code to try it out?

You sure you don't want a beta code to try it out?

Saw your invitation earlier. Cheers for that! I think I'll give the beta a miss. I'm having too much fun with Watch Dogs and I think I'd prefer going into Destiny fresh. Don't really want to get a taste of it now and be left starving 'til September. :D

Definitely going for it, though. Didn't really care about it that much a few months back, but the hype has grabbed me. Hype, hype, hype.

BsviZPKCcAA6IG_.jpg

So this is only a few weeks away! Not sure if we'll see anything new, but would love to see some more of Bloodborne. Some Vita love wouldn't go a miss either.

Well my first weekend with my PS4 is over and I love the thing to bits.

The speed at which the thing boots up is fantastic. The One takes an age to get to the main menu but this just seems super fast in comparison.

The store layout is nice and neat and again, compared to the One and Wii U stores, this is a nice breath of fresh air. Both of those stores seem cluttered or a bit confusing to navigate.

The pad. WOW. It's amazing how the tiniest changes can make something feel so different. I never really had any issues with the dualshocks but this version just seems to fit perfectly in your hands. Yes, I would still like the sticks in the same place as the Xbox has them but other than that it feels amazing.

The touch panel is fantastic. It doesn't feel like it gets in the way and nor do you have to look down at it to use, unlike the GamePad on the Wii U. I didn't even know that the touch panel was essentially another button that clicked down. I was pleasantly surprised. :bowdown:

All in all i'm in love with the thing at the moment. : peace:

Well my first weekend with my PS4 is over and I love the thing to bits.

The speed at which the thing boots up is fantastic. The One takes an age to get to the main menu but this just seems super fast in comparison.

The store layout is nice and neat and again, compared to the One and Wii U stores, this is a nice breath of fresh air. Both of those stores seem cluttered or a bit confusing to navigate.

The pad. WOW. It's amazing how the tiniest changes can make something feel so different. I never really had any issues with the dualshocks but this version just seems to fit perfectly in your hands. Yes, I would still like the sticks in the same place as the Xbox has them but other than that it feels amazing.

The touch panel is fantastic. It doesn't feel like it gets in the way and nor do you have to look down at it to use, unlike the GamePad on the Wii U. I didn't even know that the touch panel was essentially another button that clicked down. I was pleasantly surprised. :bowdown:

All in all i'm in love with the thing at the moment. : peace:

The touch panel is a bit under-rated. I can't wait to see what it'll be used for in the future. It's not a massive ball-ache to use either and you get the feeling that devs aren't under pressure to plan whole games around it. It's there if they want to use it, but not essential.

I see you've played InFamous. What's next?

I see you've played InFamous. What's next?

Not sure yet. I dunno if it's worth starting something new as Oddworld is out on Wednesday ( seriously can't wait for it ). I may just play a bit of the Destiny beta until then or maybe crack on with my other Infamous play though.

Yeah, they usually sell out pretty quick. Not a bad time to dive in to be honest, like @Sheikah said, we're finally getting some good prices on PS4 games now. I've picked up AC 4 for £18 pre owned and Wolfenstein for £25 brand new in the last few weeks. Also, loads of games will start hitting come Sept/Oct time.

Not sure when the price went back up, but the link to that ShopTo eBay PS4 is £350 again, so good call for those getting the PS4 while it was 300.

Not sure yet. I dunno if it's worth starting something new as Oddworld is out on Wednesday ( seriously can't wait for it ). I may just play a bit of the Destiny beta until then or maybe crack on with my other Infamous play though.

The beta is offline until the 23rd, so you won't be able to play Destiny til then.

Maybe wait for Oddworld and get Resogun in the mean time, aha. :D

InFamous is a must buy for me, although I think it may be one to put on the Christmas list. Between now and then, there's far too many other games coming out.

Maybe wait for Oddworld and get Resogun in the mean time, aha. :D

InFamous is a must buy for me, although I think it may be one to put on the Christmas list. Between now and then, there's far too many other games coming out.

Ooh just wondered, have you got a headset? Just thinking when Destiny hits, we should get more Destiny strike raids going, they're a lot of fun. I think the Sony 2.0 headset I got a few months back is really good if you can find it for a reasonable price. About £60 when I got it from GameStop.

Ooh just wondered, have you got a headset? Just thinking when Destiny hits, we should get more Destiny strike raids going, they're a lot of fun. I think the Sony 2.0 headset I got a few months back is really good if you can find it for a reasonable price. About £60 when I got it from GameStop.

I've got headphones that I use with my guitar amp that can work with the PS4 controller, but no microphone on it. Funny enough, I was going to post in this thread a few days ago above this very issue.

Is this the one?

Quite pricey, isn't it?!

I've got headphones that I use with my guitar amp that can work with the PS4 controller, but no microphone on it. Funny enough, I was going to post in this thread a few days ago above this very issue.

Is this the one?

Quite pricey, isn't it?!

Yeah, that's it, but the Amazon seller is ripping people off. When places actually get stock (more specifically, GameStop), they're about £60 for what is pretty much comparable to £120 headphones. Built in reachargable battery, great sound and mic, feel and look great. Plus they're natively supported by the PS4 app that has settings for specific games. For the price it's really good.

Edit: They're about £69 here.

Edited by Sheikah

Yeah, that's it, but the Amazon seller is ripping people off. When places actually get stock (more specifically, GameStop), they're about £60 for what is pretty much comparable to £120 headphones. Built in reachargable battery, great sound and mic, feel and look great. Plus they're natively supported by the PS4 app that has settings for specific games. For the price it's really good.

Edit: They're about £69 here.

Looks great, but the price tag stings me, atm. Considering that I'll be getting Destiny, Alien, FIFA and most probably Evolve over the next few months, I wonder if I'll be taking the piss a bit with money on gaming. Will have to have a shop around and see if there's anything a bit more affordable. Is the quality really that great then? What's the microphone like?