NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Soooo, Murdered: Soul Suspect. Great game, has a broken sword vibe to it. Its very tounge in cheek with cheesy dialouge etc and the game gets very laggy sometimes but its quite good fun if a little short (5-6 hours).

@Fierce_LiNk I think you should check out Final Fantasy XIV. To appeal to your interests, it feels kinda like Xenoblade/Monster Hunter, but it has classic chocobo music. And you can play with me and Sheikah!

Plus the first month will cost you under £4, including the purchase of the Collector's Edition of the game itself. Although I think you'll need access to a PS3 just briefly before you can transfer registration to PS4 (I can help with that).

I've bought more expensive sandwiches than that.

I've actually looked it up now and apparently you don't need a PS3. You can do the transfer on the website.

But yeah this is a lot of fun, I've been playing as a pugilist/monk and they have an awful lot of directional attacks (ie. attack from behind, the side) which does indeed make it play a lot like Xenoblade. Works a charm on the PS4!

Anyone else having trouble signing into Sony Entertainment Network? It says my email/password is wrong, when I try to reset it, it says I can't change my password to the existing password!! So I know it's not wrong... I get an error if I try to change it to something else.

Anyone else having trouble signing into Sony Entertainment Network? It says my email/password is wrong, when I try to reset it, it says I can't change my password to the existing password!! So I know it's not wrong... I get an error if I try to change it to something else.

I had that one time, they apparently noticed suspicious activity and made me reset my password. Had to use a different password than before too... I think it's because I signed into a fair few different places within a short amount of time once.

Weird that you're getting an error trying to change it to something else though.

I picked up Wolfenstein yesterday. Not had a chance to play it yet, though.

I was considering it at £32 for the Occupied Edition but I actually managed to stop myself on the basis of having way too many games I'll never get through already.

Yeah, was kind of just in the mood for a shooter.

I cannot fucking wait for the game but after playing the Alpha I might hold off the Beta. I think I got a perfect taster and I don't want to level up for a third time on release. I mean, I definitely would but I think I should hold off. So I'm undecided.

I really enjoyed the shit out of Wolfenstein, it has, embarrassingly, the best (or least shitty) story of any triple-a game in 2014.

Speaking of Wolfenstein I literally just got a copy of it in the post today, £30 off eBay - I don't care that Game have now dropped the price to £32 as I don't like to support them, it's over £40 on ShopTo which is what counts :heh: - with the Doom Beta code which I have no redeemed.

Unfortunately the seller described it as 'Mint condition' and it arrived with the most fingerprints I've seen on a disc EVER :( but I've now cleaned the disc to an acceptable standard and can't wait to play the shit out of the game after lunch with my brother - we'll probably take turns - as he's a long-term fan of the original classic game - as am I - so hopefully it'll be a decent game that finally lives up to the lineage of the series. : peace:

You don't like to support GAME, our only real high-street game store, you'd rather buy a game second hand so that the developers/publishers get nothing?

It's still preferable to supporting Game who have been hiking the prices up for a long time - a lot more than their own site even - I don't understand why the prices have to vary so much in-store to online and even online most of the time they are still more expensive than Shopto... I would got it from there but the game is still over £40 and I didn't want to pay more than £30 for it so I don't see the issue here, it's a mass multi-format game so it could have been sold a lot cheaper. :wtf:

I don't do this all the time, 90% of the time I buy new but I can't be the only one who has bought PS4 games off eBay because they are significantly cheaper. ::shrug:

But...but...the one time GAME do drop the price you...don't buy it from them and give them more reason to not do price cuts like that?

But...but...the one time GAME do drop the price you...don't buy it from them and give them more reason to not do price cuts like that?

Well as it happens they dropped the price less than a day after I'd already bought the game, I don't think I explained that part so my bad but I still don't like supporting Game as a rule as they charge too much most of the time. :(

Maybe I'll consider them in the future if they have some really good deals, we'll see... :heh: but I was still under the impression that they aren't a very good company from past experiences; it's a shame because they used to be so good too.

Anyway... Wolfenstein! :D

It's still preferable to supporting Game who have been hiking the prices up for a long time - a lot more than their own site even - I don't understand why the prices have to vary so much in-store to online and even online most of the time they are still more expensive than Shopto... I would got it from there but the game is still over £40 and I didn't want to pay more than £30 for it so I don't see the issue here, it's a mass multi-format game so it could have been sold a lot cheaper. :wtf:

I don't do this all the time, 90% of the time I buy new but I can't be the only one who has bought PS4 games off eBay because they are significantly cheaper. ::shrug:

I try not to give them my money if I can. The only time I really use them is if I want to trade stuff in. When I do buy from them with my trade ins I always make sure the game is factory sealed. If it's not factory sealed then they get no sale from me.

There was a thread on Gaf the other week and someone posted a picture of a game ( ratchet and clank nexus ) they bought from GAME that was supposed to be new. When it arrived the box was a disaster zone and even had holes punched through it!

GAME got pulled for selling second hand goods as new a few years ago and they sorted themselves out for a while . Now it seems to be business as usual.

It was the first game I bought from them in about a decade tbh. Hehe

More deals like Wolfenstein and they'd get more of my money (and to be completely honest, the only reason it was a deal is because PS4 and XBO retails prices are still a bit of a joke).

If you wanted the extra £2 and the convenience of postal delivery that's fair enough, but you didn't give those reasons. It was probably worth paying the extra this time to make sure the condition was perfect, and it does support the developer, which is a bonus.

That said, I wouldn't say there's any value in supporting the GAME monopoly - the company's a bully (it has to be to an extent, there's obviously little room for more than one gaming shop in the market), and GAME will probably die out eventually, or at best it will become a purely online retailer.

Will games ever go digital-only? I guess it depends on the expansion of fibre-optic coverage and cost-effective advances in physical memory.

Edited by dwarf

Wow, Wolfenstein is great.

If anyone is bothered, you can use the Playstation app's second screen mode to display all the HUD element and the level map. Nice little extra.

Flubit are quoting £27.98 for Wolfenstein on PS4, still not totally convinced whether to get it though.

Flubit are quoting £27.98 for Wolfenstein on PS4, still not totally convinced whether to get it though.

Oh it's worth getting. :)

I spent a good few hours yesterday playing it, so far it's one of the best FPS games I have played in an age, looking forward to playing it for a bit later; also I don't know why people are saying that it's short... unless they are all blitzing through it on the easiest difficulty. :heh:

I'm playing on Über difficulty which is one above the previous cap for Wolfenstein games which used to be I am death incarnate! and I'm finding it to be really enjoyable. : peace:

Does anybody know the current policy regarding number of PlayStation devices registered to a PSN account?

I currently have a PS3, PS4, Vita and PSP (x2) registered. I'm looking to expand this with an additional PS3, Vita and PlayStation TV. I don't mind deregistering the PSPs because the content can be played on the Vita.

Oh it's worth getting. :)

I spent a good few hours yesterday playing it, so far it's one of the best FPS games I have played in an age, looking forward to playing it for a bit later; also I don't know why people are saying that it's short... unless they are all blitzing through it on the easiest difficulty. :heh:

I'm playing on Über difficulty which is one above the previous cap for Wolfenstein games which used to be I am death incarnate! and I'm finding it to be really enjoyable. : peace:

I'm playing it on Normal and it's super easy. Having said that, I don't mind and at the moment I think I'll probably run through it again. It's a crap load of fun. I love exploring the levels for secrets.

Also, as Bard said, the story is pretty entertaining.

I'm loving every minute of it at the moment, only up to chapter 4 but then I'm looking for the secrets as well, it's just too much fun. :)

Glad to see more people enjoying the game. I recently played through it on the One and had a blast from start to finish. It was a toss up between Wolfenstein or Watchdogs. I stand by my decision. :D