NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Great, thanks :) Going back to this...

I just had a peek inside the box (currently at work) and it doesn't seem like it has these. What it has is a second disk, and then two nondescript "registration" codes.

Welp, I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

Yeah same as mine. Through registering the codes you will get all the stuff, don't worry. Although you can't ride your chocobo/couerl until you do one of the story missions around L20.

You can pick up all your DLC stuff at the Moogle NPCs in towns that are carrying a little mailbag by the way.

Loving this game still, keep hearing remixed Final Fantasy tracks in various boss battles. Such win. :D

Ta, haven't played an MMO properly since City of Heroes and I was never very good at getting to grips with them, so it might take me a bit!

The good thing about the controller is that it makes this game much more accessible. A keyboard is definitely still needed for chatting but everything else is done really well. You basically hold L2 to access all your assigned buttons on the bottom left of the screen and R2 for the right. Pressing the touch pad in also moves the cursor to various things like your active quests on the right side of the screen, which you can then click with X to see more about them.

Mouse and keyboard never feels good on my TV but the dualshock is perfect. The HUD's also perfectly sized for a TV.

Registration process is a pain in the butt :p currently waiting for a confirmation email, which doesn't arrive immediately (or within 10 mins, evidently) but apparently expires within one hour of arriving. So... yeah!

That's weird, sorry I didn't reply before. I think there might be a small PS3 update in order to get to the menu to register? After you make your SE account I'm pretty sure you can register your codes and get the PS4 update. Worth noting you can never play on your PA3 again though.

That's weird, sorry I didn't reply before. I think there might be a small PS3 update in order to get to the menu to register? After you make your SE account I'm pretty sure you can register your codes and get the PS4 update. Worth noting you can never play on your PA3 again though.

Signed up a second time with a different email address and got it this time. It's all pretty confusing... I get the feeling that if I do it wrong, I'll link the CE stuff to an irretrievable PS3 account or something. I'm currently at a screen which lists all the CE features (on PS3) and asks if I want to "create a new service account" - should I? (There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice in the matter, mind you)

Sorry for all the questions, I think I'll be sorted after this one.

Yeah you should create a new service account. That's their jargon for a thing you pay for.

I think their account making process could be streamlined incredibly.

By the way, the initial class you choose determines which of the 3 cities you start off in. You can travel freely later on though so it shouldn't matter too much.

Thanks for the heads up :) I'm guessing there'll be a hefty download once I eventually move over to the PS4 so not sure when I'll be on.

Edit: aaaaand PSN is down. It's not my day :p

Edited by Shorty

Thanks for the heads up :) I'm guessing there'll be a hefty download once I eventually move over to the PS4 so not sure when I'll be on.

Yeah, I left my PS4 on to do the download as the patching was done in a sort of nonstandard way. Not sure if it would have worked in standby mode.

Edit: aaaaand PSN is down. It's not my day :p

Hey give me a shout when you are up and running, I should be on this weekend.

@Shorty you on XIV yet?

I started it, haven't got far. Struggling to get to grips with the UI, especially finding far away objectives on the map. Seems good so far though :)

Yeah, there's a little bit of a learning curve and I think the game genuinely wants you to learn the locations of things rather than rely on precise maps. For instance, the crystal warping (aethernet) won't show you where on the map you'll warp as you hover over the destination - rather you end up learning which crystal is near which facility, and in doing so learn the layout of the towns and such.

What's your character's name by the way?

Played around with Share Factory. It's awesome. I am also finding Watch Dogs really crap.

So I made this.

Liked it on Facebook and thanked it here. Bonus appreciation.

The driving looks so naff in WD and the car shunting is pathetic, vehicles practically teleport out of the way when you nudge them. And dumb things like that in the above video make me hate it unreservedly. URGH. I hate how it's been so successful, it looks dull as dishwater. HATE HATE HATE.

I thought it was the best game iv played in a very long time! Side note, just bought Murdered: Soul suspect. Looking forward to it :)

Liked it on Facebook and thanked it here. Bonus appreciation.

The driving looks so naff in WD and the car shunting is pathetic, vehicles practically teleport out of the way when you nudge them. And dumb things like that in the above video make me hate it unreservedly. URGH. I hate how it's been so successful, it looks dull as dishwater. HATE HATE HATE.

I'd say the driving is actually the only stand out aspect of this game. It still isn't perfect but it kind of feels like the first 20 minutes of Drive.

But apart from that...I hate it.

So I'm playing it like an asshole cyber-terrorist.

I'm thinking about getting a PS4 this weekend. What multiplayer games do you guys tend to hit up on a regular basis?

@Daft, Watch Dogs is really crap. Could go on, but I feel like it doesn't deserve my words.

I haven't even started playing any multiplayer games yet. For me, the PS4 hasn't quite kicked off yet, but it will once Destiny gets here. After that, the rest of the year looks sweet. I imagine Destiny will be the one game that everyone is glued to and for lots of potential meet-ups from here. I fucking hope so anyway!

I haven't even started playing any multiplayer games yet. For me, the PS4 hasn't quite kicked off yet, but it will once Destiny gets here. After that, the rest of the year looks sweet. I imagine Destiny will be the one game that everyone is glued to and for lots of potential meet-ups from here. I fucking hope so anyway!

Yeah, it just seems like PS4 is still a better option for me right now for social gaming than PC. Since most of my friends started working, our ventrilo channel is pretty much deserted and there's none of that good old student loan cash to spend on component upgrades :heh:.

So there's no really worthwhile online experience yet huh? Might just wait until destiny then I guess.

Yeah, it just seems like PS4 is still a better option for me right now for social gaming than PC. Since most of my friends started working, our ventrilo channel is pretty much deserted and there's none of that good old student loan cash to spend on component upgrades :heh:.

So there's no really worthwhile online experience yet huh? Might just wait until destiny then I guess.

There seems to be a small Killzone following, but I don't think there's been that one killer game where you have to be online every night for fear of missing out. Unless there's something that I'm missing out on.

Can't wait for September/October, as I feel that the console will really kick on from there. I don't mind so much at the moment because I'm off on holiday Monday and I'll have a few things to catch up on when I get back. Would have loved for Destiny and Alien Isolation to be available during August.

@Fierce_LiNk I think you should check out Final Fantasy XIV. To appeal to your interests, it feels kinda like Xenoblade/Monster Hunter, but it has classic chocobo music. And you can play with me and Sheikah!

Plus the first month will cost you under £4, including the purchase of the Collector's Edition of the game itself. Although I think you'll need access to a PS3 just briefly before you can transfer registration to PS4 (I can help with that).

I've bought more expensive sandwiches than that.

Edited by Shorty