NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Whilst my impressions towards the PS4 have also been cemented, it's not like anything has really changed for the immediate future. All the best titles are pencilled in for 2015 (except The Witcher 3/Bats which are a bit more set in stone).

I did just get in the Destiny beta though....

I'll keep looking for the deal I want :p £330 with ACIV was so close.

Nothing has screamed 'next-gen' to me yet. The Uncharted 4 trailer is beginning to show signs of the unbelievable though (even if it wasn't running in real-time, just in-engine).

There are definitely some solid games and I look forward to seeing Bloodborne.

Thanks to @ShavenWolf's post in the Destiny thread I decided to give Remote Play another go (I remembered it being very laggy).

It was still laggy, so I googled a bit and found out that you can directly connect the Vita to the PS4 (without a router). Tried that and fuck me sideways it's beautiful.

Genuinely impressed. I played some WatchDogs and got invaded while watching How I Met Your Mother on TV.

Ohhhhh the World Cup will be awesome. Playing PS4 games and watching matches : peace:

Edit: I can't get my USB stick working with the PS4. I want to upload some screenshots to it, but I get an error message (something like "USB Storage not connected). Any ideas?

Edit2: Nevermind. FAT32 solved the issue

Edited by drahkon

I was playing Destiny via Remote Play from my friend's house. No lag, nothing. It's kind of unreal. We both have BT Infinity, which helps.

Actually really surprised there was no noticeable lag. Occasionally there were a few artifacts on screen but, and maybe because Destiny isn't a twitch shooter, it was perfect.

Also, the controls work really well, which isn't necessarily true of all Vita games.

Why isn't there a release thread for other consoles like there is on Nintendo's board? It'd be very useful to have!!

Is there a good source for PS4/One releases?

Think I'll probably end up getting a PS4 for upcoming games like Dragon Age and The Witcher 3. Is the console likely to stay the same price between now and the end of the year?

Because you haven't made one?

Haha. Touché. But there's much more qualified people than me for that job.

Haha. Touché. But there's much more qualified people than me for that job.

Not really, you could get it done as a group effort. You start the thread and then we just get people to give the dates for games such as Evolve, Battlefield: Hardline, etc. Then, along with the moderators to help, we can just edit that first post as we go along. Can be done quite easily. :D

Think I'll probably end up getting a PS4 for upcoming games like Dragon Age and The Witcher 3. Is the console likely to stay the same price between now and the end of the year?

If it continues to sell well then I imagine it will.

The shopto deal has now jumped up to £320, and the Assassins Creed £330 bundle is gone (replaced with a £330 Knack deal... lolno).

So now I've got my eyes peeled for the next great deal, and plan to jump in before the Destiny beta on July 17.

Just discovered Share Factory today. Hnnnnnnnnnnng. I can see myself wasting so much time on that.

Can't believe Nintendo didn't give us something like that for Mario Kart 8. "Editing" clips on that is such a waste of time and pointless.

It's great, isn't it? :)

The only problem I have, though: Gameplay capture doesn't always seem to work. Sometimes it records gameplay and I can save the video clip when I press the share button.

Sometimes the record simply doesn't happen and there is no video clip for me to save.

It can be bypassed by manually starting to record every 15 minutes, but that's a bit of a hassle.

Just discovered Share Factory today. Hnnnnnnnnnnng. I can see myself wasting so much time on that.

Can't believe Nintendo didn't give us something like that for Mario Kart 8. "Editing" clips on that is such a waste of time and pointless.

How are you finding the console in comparison to the Wii U, Flinky? Not just the graphics and games but things like the OS and features on offer.

How are you finding the console in comparison to the Wii U, Flinky? Not just the graphics and games but things like the OS and features on offer.

It feels much smoother to navigate than the Wii U. It's a bit difficult to describe, but you feel that everything is linked together as one. For example, it's very easy and quick to navigate to the Playstation Store, then back again to your profile, etc. I LOVE the fact that you can compare your trophies with your friends and it also serves as a way of knowing what games these people have, which ones you have in common, etc.

It's great that you can see what your friends are doing right at that second and can send them a message or chat with them (or compare trophies, like I mentioned earlier). The notifications section is pretty cool and useful. Then there's the stuff like the Capture Gallery, enabling you to record footage or save images (then Share Factory linked in with that).

It all feels very connected and complete. I'm surprised just how quick it is to enter and exit menus. Maybe some of this stuff was included on the PS3, I wouldn't know because I don't have one, but there really is a lot to do.

The Wii U functions differently. There are some cool ideas, such as Miiverse, but then there are tons of options that aren't included here. It's not as complete or feature heavy. There's also a sense that a lot of the online features are game-by-game, rather than something which is embedded within the OS; a criticism that has been aimed in Nintendo's direction for years now. It's probably not an exaggeration to say that Nintendo are still very far behind.

Can you press the playstation button when you get a trophy to go straight to more details? That's one feature I always felt the PS3 was missing.

Can you press the playstation button when you get a trophy to go straight to more details? That's one feature I always felt the PS3 was missing.

Almost. When you get a trophy you press the home button (or whatever it's called) quickly go to notifications, select the trophy and it brings you to the trophy screen (that's how I remember it, might be a bit easier).

Sounds like it'll take a lot of time but it's actually done in less than 5 seconds.

Almost. When you get a trophy you press the home button (or whatever it's called) quickly go to notifications, select the trophy and it brings you to the trophy screen (that's how I remember it, might be a bit easier).

Sounds like it'll take a lot of time but it's actually done in less than 5 seconds.

Drahkon has got this. I didn't even think about that, but you do get a notification when you have won a trophy. Looking at that will tell you which trophy it is and what you did to get it.

The way I do it is when you're in a game, go to the trophies page then you can double tap the PS button to switch between the trophies and the game you're playing.

Drahkon has got this. I didn't even think about that, but you do get a notification when you have won a trophy. Looking at that will tell you which trophy it is and what you did to get it.

I forget you're from the console land that time forgot :p both 360, PS3 and some PC platforms like Steam, have notifications for getting an achievement/trophy. But as time went by the title of the trophy became less descriptive and more fun/witty so sometimes you can't even tell what you just earned it for. On Xbox you could just hit guide as the notification popped up but on PS3 it was a bit of a chore that involved a few steps and usually a 'syncing trophies' screen.

Actually this and one other thing really made the 360 the winner last generation, so I'd like to ask if the other thing has changed, too. Multiple account sign-ins for local co-op. So that two PSN users can play together, make their own progress on their saved profiles etc., and earn their own trophies. Way too few games supported this on PS3... has the situation improved any?

It feels that some do fine separate trophies and some don't in my experience playing with Daft, but I've never been paying that much attention. I know there have been times we've both received a trophy.

The White PS4 & Destiny bundle is now £369 at Gamestop. However, I don't think I can wait til September or bring myself to skip the beta :p Anyone want to lend me a PS4 for 3 months? :laughing:

The White PS4 & Destiny bundle is now £369 at Gamestop. However, I don't think I can wait til September or bring myself to skip the beta :p Anyone want to lend me a PS4 for 3 months? :laughing:

The Destiny bundle is what's tempting me. I don't really care for what i've seen of the game and if I do get it I will probably get it one the One, where all my mates and family are, but that White PS4....I neeeeeeds it.