NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Wow, great news if it's true. Wonder of any of you will play the multiplayer this time?

Or will this be a repeat of last time where you you all rave about the single player and avoid the multiplayer like the plague. I'll never figure you lot out!

Wow, great news if it's true. Wonder of any of you will play the multiplayer this time?

Or will this be a repeat of last time where you you all rave about the single player and avoid the multiplayer like the plague. I'll never figure you lot out!

If it is indeed out next week, damn. Last purchase for PS4 (for a while at least, got a backlog building now). And yes, i'll be venturing the multiplayer as well.

Played some more Tomb Raider tonight. If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd still be on it right now. Immense game.

Can somebody aware me on what the PlaystationApp does? I've downloaded it and it looks awesome. What does the companion app/second screen thing do, exactly? Can I buy games from the PSN store using the app and then download them when I get home, or does the console have to be on standby for this to happen?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I think the benefit with the PS4 is that if you have it on standby and purchase a game using the app, you can begin downloading it and have it waiting for you.

Edited by Retro_Link

The app also does other stuff, like on Wolfenstein you can use it as a second screen and move the HUD off the TV. You can use the app as a keyboard so it's easier to type messages. It's a pretty nifty tool, it doesn't really do one thing.

If you buy a game on the app, if your PS4 is in standby, it will wake up and download the game straight away. If you're out and about it should be waiting for you when you get home.

I'll be rocking the multiplayer, seems right up my street.

Night In The Woods is an adventure/exploration game with a heavy focus on story, character and place. You’ll be doing some running and jumping around, a lot of extracurricular activities, some bass playing, some smashing of things, and a lot of hanging out with your townie friends.

Night In The Woods takes place in the crumbling town of Possum Springs, a dead-end backwater that is barely holding on after the mining jobs left. Mae the cat is a college dropout who has returned home to reclaim her teenage life with her friends who stayed in town. Bea stayed home from college to take over the family business after a death sent her family into a tailspin. Gregg and Angus are highschool sweethearts, working hard to get out of Possum Springs. Germ is a weird kid that hangs around. No one knows what his deal is.

What Mae finds, however, is that life and her friends moved on while she was away. Strange things are happening to her and to the town. Things are changing. And there’s something in the woods up behind the park that might mean an end to all of it.

Night In The Woods is a story about letting go and holding on. Night In The Woods is a game about the inevitability of death… and pizza parties.

I recently bought Final Fantasy XIV on PS3 for less than £5 after hearing some very good things, which comes with a free upgrade to the PS4 version and the first month of subscription included...

I wondered if anyone else would want to play this, perhaps starting together. I haven't even opened the game yet and the 30 days doesn't begin until you signup, and you have until the end of this year to do the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade.

Anyone slightly interested? Maybe @Esequiel, if you haven't already?

I have mine, im on Lich server, dont think il be re-subbing though. It hasnt held me like i was hoping it would :(

inFAMOUS is 25 quid preowned from Graingergames. I'm tempted, but also think that I should wait until I've finished my other games first. I've got Tomb Raider on this, Mario Kart, 3D World, Pikmin3 and Wonderful 101 on Wii U and a dozen or so Wii games + Dreamcast titles to work through.

This summer is going to be awesome. I've planned it already. I'm going to wake up early, do some work for school, exercise and then just fucking game for the rest of the day.

AntonioBanderas.gif

inFAMOUS is 25 quid preowned from Graingergames. I'm tempted, but also think that I should wait until I've finished my other games first. I've got Tomb Raider on this, Mario Kart, 3D World, Pikmin3 and Wonderful 101 on Wii U and a dozen or so Wii games + Dreamcast titles to work through.

This summer is going to be awesome. I've planned it already. I'm going to wake up early, do some work for school, exercise and then just fucking game for the rest of the day.

AntonioBanderas.gif

Sounds like a plan and a half right there. If you had PS+ as well, you can add 2 free PS4 games a month to your backlog. But that only depends on if you like the game, but seeing as they are free can't lose.

My PS+ has paid for itself 3x over with the number of games/discounts i've picked up. Got myself quite a number of games on my download list ready to go.

It might be worth putting off Plus on the PS4 until DriveClub maybe? or until a launch game like Killzone or something hits. At the moment it's just smaller game, not that that's bad at all, just you'd get more value for money once at least one big game a month arrives. Although we'll have to see what they start doing with the 2 PS4 games a month now.

AntonioBanderas.gif

Still gonna recommend AC4 to you if you get chance. I was (and still am) really blown away with how amazing it is on the PS4.

Sounds like a plan and a half right there. If you had PS+ as well, you can add 2 free PS4 games a month to your backlog. But that only depends on if you like the game, but seeing as they are free can't lose.

My PS+ has paid for itself 3x over with the number of games/discounts i've picked up. Got myself quite a number of games on my download list ready to go.

I've got the free 14 day trial, so have managed to download the two new games. Am definitely going to sign up to it though, it's awesome. Free games, wooooo.

Still gonna recommend AC4 to you if you get chance. I was (and still am) really blown away with how amazing it is on the PS4.

Is it really that good then? I'm going to look into it, but maybe when it's a bit cheaper. Soon.

Is it really that good then? I'm going to look into it, but maybe when it's a bit cheaper. Soon.

It's reaaaally good. The sailing to islands without load times reminds me a little of Wind Waker, except you can also attack and board other ships. Massive scope to the game, so much to see and do. Looks amazing too.

9/10 on Eurogamer, GameSpot, EDGE. It is the right choice. ;)

Ok, dumb question time. Is Sony's E3 conference going to be streamed on PS4? If so, then where?

Awesome, cheers for the info. :) Got to get that installed then!

Btw, has anyone played PixelJunk Shooter yet? I had a quick blast on it earlier, and it does seem like quite a fun little game. Some cool puzzle elements too. Although I can see it becoming notoriously difficult later on.

Also, it appears that the free-to-play shooter Loadout is going to be arriving on PS4 soon, as a console exclusive. I've played it on PC, and honestly cannot recommend this game enough, it's an absolute blast! It's hilarious, fast paced, and the weapons are fantastic!

Btw, has anyone played PixelJunk Shooter yet? I had a quick blast on it earlier, and it does seem like quite a fun little game. Some cool puzzle elements too. Although I can see it becoming notoriously difficult later on.

It's not a bad game, as it uses the Cloud for saves i've got it on the Vita for portable fun.

It's reaaaally good. The sailing to islands without load times reminds me a little of Wind Waker, except you can also attack and board other ships. Massive scope to the game, so much to see and do. Looks amazing too.

9/10 on Eurogamer, GameSpot, EDGE. It is the right choice. ;)

Brah, I was in CEX earlier and saw this for £25. Came this close to getting it, but figured that I should wait until the backlog is clear.

I'm going to have to miss the Sony conference on the Monday and I have work all day until at least 9 on the Tuesday. So, I'm tempted to watch both this and the Nintendo conference back to back. E3, yeaaah.

I've got my E3 plans sorted, even though i cannot get the time off work for this (shame :-( ), i plan on watching Microsofts conference once i get home at 9pm. Sony's conference at 9pm with Nintendo's going back to back with it.

I know that kind of sucks, and i will miss the E3 banter in the chat room.

Looks like The Last of Us could be an October release now.

An ad appeared on Eurogamer’s website revealing that The Last Of Us Remastered will be released on October 10th. This was most likely an ad that wasn’t supposed to appear until later this week. Of course since this hasn’t been officially announced by Naughty Dog we’ll classify it as a rumor for now.

Not long until we found out when this game actually launches.

Totally sold on the PS4 now, just need a bit of money! :heh:

Really like the look of the Playstation TV box thing as well, being able to play it on a different TV sounds great, perfect for the lazy days when you can't be bothered to get out of bed. Can't believe it's only $99 as well, thought it would cost more than that!