NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Just bought Injustice Ultimate Edition on the PSN store for under £13. Not bad at all considering how much the boxed version costs on some sites.

Sweet Jesus that's amazing.

I might just get Towerfall Ascension soon : peace:

Yeah, it's a really awesome way of using Remote Play (and one Sony don't really talk about for reasons that are beyond me). It might not work brilliant for all games but it does for Towerfall and at the very least it's an option.

OMG I'm SO excited for you!! Make sure to get Plus at some point (I think you still get a two week trial with your console so that's already a few free games to start with - YAY!).

Transistor

Dead Nations

Towerfall Ascension (I cannot express how STUNNING this game is, but you'll need more than one controller or a Vita because it's the local multiplayer that shines)

Injustice: Gods Among Us is like £13 on PSN at the moment (not sure how long that'll be for)

I still think Killzone is worth getting for the multiplayer at least, Cookie and I still play it. Might not be your cup of tea.

Avoid Need for Speed, it's really yawn.

ACIV, also great.

Tomb Raider, completed it on both PS3 and PS4 and it was a blast.

EHR MER GERD, INFAMOUS.

EDIT: Disclaimer, didn't read what everyone else recommended you because of excitement.

Also, add me on PSN: Daft.

inFAMOUS looks really interesting but I've heard qualms about its replay value. Is it too short?

Isn't The Last of Us coming out next month for PS4? Think I'll dip into that, too. :D

Is there any news about Journey PS4 (seeing as Flower and Flow have been updated)? I want FLink to play it!!

Edited by Retro_Link

inFAMOUS looks really interesting but I've heard qualms about its replay value. Is it too short?

Isn't The Last of Us coming out next month for PS4? Think I'll dip into that, too. :D

It's definitely on the shorter side but I think that it's a game that is better for being shorter. Having said that, they're must be a good 10-12 hours in it and I completed it two - both Good and Evil - to get the Platinum. Also the Paper Trail missions add at least another hour (and the Cole Legacy DLC add four more mission, though they may have just been a pre-order bonus).

So I wouldn't say it was short but I understand why people might say that. I'd say if you're unsure, wait for the price to drop. It's definitely worth getting, though.

Also, I think Sucker Punch will be announcing their DLC plans for the game at E3. Again, we'll see. But yeah, I think it's worth getting but others may not. I'm a fan of the series so it's not hard for me to say that. :hehe:

TLOU should be out in the next couple months. No exact date. There were rumours it would be announced to be released just after E3, but we'll see.

Edited by Daft

Think he said he got it for 30 already but good deal nonetheless.

Darnit, I knew he should have waited. =P

The PS4 got delivery today, however annoyingly Flink won't be home until tomorrow because he is at a school camp out (and he haaaaates camping). I feel sorry for him haha.

I figure this is the best place to ask.

A friend of mine is looking into getting a PS3, along with its backlog. A few questions regarding that:

-Are the PS3 online services (servers, PS+, etc.) still up and available? If so, for how long?

-Is it possible to update rosters in Football games?

-Are the PS3 online services (servers, PS+, etc.) still up and available? If so, for how long?

Yeah, the PS3 is still a pretty strong console. I imagine their servers will be up for quite a few years yet (Persona 5 isn't even out until next year IIRC, and that's PS3 only). Most PS2 servers stayed up quite a while and PS2 online was far less popular and not exactly brilliant.

I can confirm they are still working because I have recently been annihilating n00bs left, right and centre on Uncharted 3. All of the map packs are free now, and the lab mode has its own custom maps on top of that. Yummy.

Also, because it bears repeating: the parkour aspect of the game (i.e. the way you can chain jumps between ledges so as to maintain momentum) is so fucking neat. Just one of those little touches from ND that make the multiplayer that extra bit special.

IT IS HERE.

I had work yesterday and had to do a camp out straight afterwards, which ended up at 12:30pm today. To top it all, I've got a stinking cold and huge headache. I've now just set up the console and my PSN account.

So far, it's lovely. Love the futuristicy feel of the console. Everything feels very serene when using the interface. It's lovely.

I've bought Resogun and Ine has been playing it for the last 20 minutes or so. It's going to be a great laugh. My addy is teh_jimzor, sign me up, bitches. :D

I can confirm they are still working because I have recently been annihilating n00bs left, right and centre on Uncharted 3. All of the map packs are free now, and the lab mode has its own custom maps on top of that. Yummy.

Also, because it bears repeating: the parkour aspect of the game (i.e. the way you can chain jumps between ledges so as to maintain momentum) is so fucking neat. Just one of those little touches from ND that make the multiplayer that extra bit special.

Why aren't we tearing it up together?

Whatsapp me when you're next on.

0776 9 217 2 0 3

Tomb Raider has arrived. I've played about an hour so far, just testing it out.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnggggg. It's amazing.

One of my favourite games of the generation.

OMG.

Will they reveal 2 at E3?!

I played Tomb Raider twice. First on PS3 where I played it properly. Second on the PS4 where I played it with no fear, like a psychopath, like the remorseless Angel of Death that Lara becomes - charging and screaming at enemies. That was a lot of fun.

And I ensured she never killed an animal other than the one you're made to kill.

Humans were less of a concern. Pesky humans.

Tomb Raider has arrived. I've played about an hour so far, just testing it out.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnggggg. It's amazing.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

For some reason, i've preferred playing Tomb Raider on the PS4 over the Xbox 360 version of last generation. Had a lot more fun and enjoyed it better, maybe a 2nd play was what i needed.

I watched Flink play TR yesterday, but we noticed that there were quite a few moments where the game "froze", like where the sound would disappear of the movement would stop for a second. Usually seemed to happen in action parts as well, which kind of ruins the flow of the game. Is this normal?

I might play this game at some point as well, though I am not very good with tense games like this so we'll see heh.

Oh, would there be any chance in the future of Ni No Kuni being released for the PS4? I want it. =(

Oh, would there be any chance in the future of Ni No Kuni being released for the PS4? I want it. =(

There is every chance that you'll be able to download/stream it digitally as Sony mentioned something last year about the 'Playstation Now' service which should allow you to - eventually - be able to play every major game in the history of Playstation - PS1/2/3 - for a small fee but hopefully you'll just be able to buy them separately too.

We'll surely be hearing more about it from E3 in a week. :)

E3 is under a week away, the World Cup arrives a few days after, and I've got no work to be getting on with before either. Life is good.

So Game tweeted this then removed it.

mxEERZr.png

BpOE-2rCQAIZmau.jpg

Looks like it releases next week then. Just in time for the 1 year anniversary. :D