NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Anyone playing FFXIV ARR on this? Im on lich server, Lordesequiel. :)

Being the hazard that I am, I can't post this in the WiiU board so I had to come 'home' instead. You'd think several years' penitence would waive my ban but hey.

tumblr_n58dd0X8xg1qeenqto1_500.png

tumblr_n58dd0X8xg1qeenqto2_500.png

Edited by dwarf

You're banned from the Wii U board? The fuck... someone like @Cube going to waive that? :p

Well, I was banned from the Wii board ages ago and it carried over to all things Nintendo I suppose because the establishment couldn't handle my witty game critiques (think along the lines of: 'Lol, ExciteTruck? more liek Ex-Shite Duck! Hehhh!!!'). Not sure why I would pose a problem now though because there aren't any WiiU games to speak of.

#NotDoingMyselfAnyFavours #OldHabitsNeverDie #PS4EliteCrew #Win

I can't say I've been sorely missing those crack-pots anyway.

Considering the crap people get away with on that forum, it's pretty insane that you're banned from it really.

I've had my PS4 for a couple of days now and it really is a wonderful piece of kit. Light years ahead of what the PS3 is capable of. Tomb Raider looks really really good especially for what is essentially a port, Resogun is challenging but incredibly fun. While Infamous is breathtakingly beautiful, I keep suspending play to snap a pic :D. Still early on in all 3 games but safe to say the console was worth the wait and a delight so far. I'll probably give Killzone a start when I've finished at least one of Infamous/TR but by then I'll be drowning in Watch Dogs (saw an ad for it in London today :)) , TLOU and anything else on the horizon. Happy days to be a gamer.

I've had my PS4 for a couple of days now and it really is a wonderful piece of kit. Light years ahead of what the PS3 is capable of. Tomb Raider looks really really good especially for what is essentially a port, Resogun is challenging but incredibly fun. While Infamous is breathtakingly beautiful, I keep suspending play to snap a pic :D. Still early on in all 3 games but safe to say the console was worth the wait and a delight so far. I'll probably give Killzone a start when I've finished at least one of Infamous/TR but by then I'll be drowning in Watch Dogs (saw an ad for it in London today :)) , TLOU and anything else on the horizon. Happy days to be a gamer.

Yeah the OS is very much out of the way. Everything is so much faster than the PS3. Liking the USB export for media. I hope they keep adding more of the missed PS3 features!

Anyone else having problems with psn? Can't seem to do efff all.

In a very unexpected turn of events, I am now the owner of a PS4 as my girlfriend got me one for my birthday! Got Infamous - nice looking game but not seen anything that holds it head and shoulders over the previous gen yet though I suppose it'll be a few years before we see that.

Anyway, was just wondering - I've sussed out how to use the Share feature and can watch other gamers on uStream etc, but I remember when the PS4 was unveiled, Sony said that there would be a feature where you could actually take control of someone else's game. Can you still do that, or was it just another pie in the sky, bullshit feature like Nintendo TVii?

Apparently on its way but who really knows.

Enjoy your new machine.

Hopefully they won't force everyone to have it in the first game position with no way of deleting it.

My #1 wish for a smartphone link to a game would be inventory/player management on Diablo 3, and similar local co-op RPGs. If they did that for the PS4 release, it would be awesome.

Hopefully they won't force everyone to have it in the first game position with no way of deleting it.

I can't find the tweet, but I'm 99% sure its been confirmed it won't be pinned to the dash.

So what's next after Watch Dogs? Seems like there's a bit of a drought coming up in terms of full retail titles for both consoles, excluding "remasters".

E3.

(New Order? Alas, the snippet we've seen has been a bit shitty)

Yeah, three months until Destiny. And then October there's Drive Club, Evolve, Arkham Knight, Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor.

It's not too bad between the sunny weather, Watch Dogs out next week, the Destiny Beta and The Last of Us remaster. Always means there's time to catch up on my Plus backlog, too.

Lol. "Both consoles".

Both consoles = PS4 and Wii U.

Not sure if laughing at inclusion of Xbone or exclusion of Wii U.

Use your phone as a mic with SingStar PS4

This is the kind of innovation Nintendo should be attempting.

Glad to hear they're working to get licenses carried across from PS3 to PS4, too. I have more songs than I care to admit.

That is cool. Driveclub also has cool smartphone features.

There are lots of updates to existing games as well. Dont forget the free to play or subscriptions based games.

Weirdly I'm very pleased with the recent update meaning when you reconnect a controller (after time out) it no longer asks you to log in again.

Although less favourable of the fact that it seems Netflix accounts are linked to user profiles.

Edited by Ashley

It has begun. My electric drum kit fund has now become the PS4 fun. 200 quid already. Hoping for some sweet deals after E3/Summer-time/Christmas. I'm ready to believe. :D

(unless Sony have a dreadful E3...)