NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

The box seems to suggest you get a trophy when you buy it. Wonder if that's true...

If all goes well, I'll be a proud PS4 owner in a couple of days :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I need this:

sony-gold-wireless-headset.jpg

Should be released soon :awesome: Will buy it asap!

I'll be PS4 gaming next month. :p

The box seems to suggest you get a trophy when you buy it. Wonder if that's true...

Maybe if Microsoft can do their crappy day one achievements why not...

If the parcel service doesn't fuck up, I'll have my PS4 tomorrow morning. :bouncy:

Resogun, here I come :D

Double post.

It's here :yay:

I just set it up and am downloading the PS+ games (which takes forever with my shitty internet speed; there's also no way to pause individual downloads...).

Already in love. The UI is slick, beautiful and fast :bowdown:

Played AC IV for 30 minutes, not blown away by the graphics, but that's to be expected from a "last-gen/next-gen" title.

Downloading Resogun, Don't Starve and Outlast. Can't wait to give those a try :D

Then there's Fifa 14, which will be played tonight with a mate! :D

And Battlefield 4. Will play through the singleplayer and then trade it in.

I feel like I'm 10 years old again. I remember buying a PSX and Crash Bandicoot 3, then setting it up at home and instantly falling in love with it. :love:

Sony has done it again. The next few years will be awesome for my video gaming fix. :)

And Battlefield 4. Will play through the singleplayer and then trade it in.

Not a fan of the multiplayer?

Not a fan of the multiplayer?

I do think it's quite fun - at least I found the Battlefield 3 multiplayer enjoyable.

It's just...I suck at it :D And I don't want to invest time to get better in a game that I don't enjoy completely.

Just tried Resogun. It's amazing.

Just tried Resogun. It's amazing.

Excellent game.

The nicest thing about this game is that it is one of the few games where the 'achievements' actually add something to the game.

They are well designed and ensure that you are encouraged to try different sorts of challenges. It reminds me of being a child when I would invent all sorts of daft limitations to what I could do to make the game last longer.

Yeah, I decided to go after Platinum at the same time that I realised that they add a really nice challenge to it. Excellent usage.

I will definitely go for Resogun's Platinum!

Can I just say...The DS4 is the best controller ever made.

It's comfortable and incredibly precise. :bowdown:

Some PS4 stats have come out of the media event that happened last night.

He reiterated the well-known number of consoles sold – 4.2 million worldwide so far – but shared other statistics as well that show deep engagement with the PlayStation community. For instance, PS4 gamers average a collective 34 million hours a week playing games on the console; that number rises to 50 million when you take into account entertainment options.

Additionally, 90 percent of PlayStation 4 consoles are connected to the Internet. It took PlayStation 3 three years on the market to reach a 70 percent connection rate.

PlayStation 4 gamers have shared their gameplay and screenshots 48 million times so far, 1.7 million hours have been spent livestreaming gameplay on Twitch and Ustream, and 172 million hours have been played online with PS4 so far.

Finally, digital sales on PlayStation Network are stronger than ever. Retail PlayStation Network card sales are up 120 percent year-over-year, and PlayStation Plus subscriptions are up 90 percent since the console’s launch.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Is Final Fantasy 15 coming out this year? I have checked every for release dates but to no avail.

No release date and don't hold your breath.

Square will fuck us at E3 anyway. We all expect at least a little bit of information (i.e. a release window) and they will give us nothing.

The PS4 is bringing me so much enjoyment and there aren't any - as people like to call them - 'big system sellers' out, yet

AC IV, Killzone, Resogun, Don't Starve and soon I will play Battlefield 4.

Today I bought Strider and Rayman Legends. Nothing to say about the latter...it's perfect.

Strider seems to be a nice game. Never played the original games. This appears to have a bit of Metroidvania in it. :)

Infamous and MGS V next month, Driveclub soon. And all those little indie gems coming out.

Gonna be a great year. :D

Money well spent!

FlAn1SL.jpg

Crash? Syphon Filter?

I'd love it to be Crash.

People guessing confirmation of a GTAV port. Purely based off the wording of it.

Just hope it turns out to be worth the hype.

A GTA V port isn't very exciting at all though. Don't think it'll be that. Crash seems more likely tbh.

Half hour till the Japanese Launch show starts -

http://www.ustream.tv/ps4cd

lots of over excited people on GAF, expecting to see Shenmue3, Last Guardian reveals...

I'll admit I'm a little swept up in the Shenmue Hype. Going to try watch it in the background at work.

Edited by Murr

A GTA V port isn't very exciting at all though. Don't think it'll be that. Crash seems more likely tbh.
Would you call Crash a series of massive significance though?

I wouldn't, but they probably would. To that mag, Crash is probably seen as practically their mascot.

Routine Developer Considering PS4 Port

Lunar Software, the developer of upcoming sci-fi horror game Routine, says that it is considering working on a console port once the PC version is completed.

"If we did do a console version it would be PS4-only," says Lunar's Jemma Hughes, speaking directly to IGN. "From a technical standpoint it would be far easier for us to port over as there would be much less need for optimisation."

Routine is a first-person exploration game set on an '80s-style moon base; we listed it as one of our 13 horror games to watch out for in 2014. Lunar is aiming to release it sometime this year.

Hope so, because this looks amazing.