NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I had to post this somewhere and not sure I'm ready for the fight that will happen if I posted in the Nintendo board!

Sony Blamed for Nintendo’s Inability To Secure Third Party Games

The Japanese investment and market analysis firm ACE Securities released a report on Nintendo’s recent substantial reduction of the earning forecasts for the current fiscal year, and the document includes some information on what the company expects from the corporate management policy briefing that will be held by President Satoru Iwata on January 30th.

In the corporate management policy briefing on January 30th the company is going to describe the future business policy:

1: Dealing with content development risks due to the consecutive failure to launch with high performance the 3DS and the Wii U.

2: Response to the problem of the inability to secure third party titles caused by SCE [sony Computer Entertainment] investing heavily in the marketing cost of multiplatform software.

3: Due to the soaring development costs of home consoles making difficult to ensure profitability, we hope to hear an answer on the building of a new business model.

It may seem a bit surprising to see Sony blamed for Nintendo’s struggle in securing third party titles for its consoles. I’m assuming the analyst who wrote the report was thinking about the Wii U and not about the 3DS here, because otherwise he’s overlooking one big name: Monster Hunter.

That said, we can definitely assume that many keen eyes will be watching the briefing on the 30th. We’ll have to wait for that date to know whether Nintendo will steer its business policies around radically, or will keep marching straight on the same path.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/22/sony-blamed-for-nintendos-inability-to-secure-third-party-games/

Microsoft's Albert Penello has confirmed that the differences between the PS4 and Xbox One editions of certain games have been overblown, and that they're actually pretty minor.

The last week saw some interesting developments in terms of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, which runs at a 60fps framerate on the PS4 while at 30fps on the Xbox One.

These differences, however, have been overblown, and in practice they're actually pretty minor, according to Microsoft's Albert Penello, who talked with GamerTagRadio, via GB.

"Everybody wants to focus on frame rate, there is Tomb Raider, there is a resolution thing going on and OK, there could be a lot of reasons why that could be true but we are just a [few] weeks in, we just shipped, it’s a long generation," he says.

"People who bought an Xbox One are going to be in for an awesome generation of games that are only going to get better. I think these little things get way overblown versus like the quality of the games and the real differences in experiences which are pretty minor."

Penello also emphasizes that some people like to overstate the importance of things that are against Microsoft, while understating ones in favor of the company.

"Look, I had a lot of time to think about this and I believe in what I said. I believe that the differences between the boxes [PS4 and Xbox One] is not all that great and I know what is going behind the scenes and I have access to more information about some of this thing than a lot of people," he added.

"Sometimes people tend to neglect the points that are in my favor and they like to highlight the points that tell me I am wrong. I still think Ryse is still the best looking game on any platform. Period. End of story."

0dedb0ff.gif

For gods sake Microsoft your kidding nobody - just admit the XBone is less powerful we won't think any less of you!

Bringing 60 FPS to games is now like what HD was in the last generation, at least with home consoles. They need to sort their shit out.

Question:

What is the dimension(in cm) of a PS4 game case? I know its a blu ray variant, but some cases have different sizes.

asking this because i want to buy a box where i can store my games.

Microsoft are certainly opening the joke book up. They should do stand-up, honestly.

I'm back with another newbie question.

Playing NBA2k14 and the auto recording option kicks in without fail as soon as the game starts up. I score an awesome basket, I go to the share video option, edit the 10 seconds or so I want and continue playing and it continues recording.

Battlefield 4 on the other hand just doesn't go as smoothly. It'll start recording and I get a kill I quite liked so try to share, go to edit the video and it's not there. It's the previous 15 minute video but not auto started a new one.

I've on occasion booted the game up, double pressed the share button to begin recording and seen the little emblem appear in top corner to confirm it's recording, get a decent kill, hit the share button to edit video, and it's not recorded, and I have no 15 minute video.

Is it just battlefield?

My auto record has stopped working altogether, I think. Can't work out why.

I've had problems with battlefield4 recording missed my awesome shoot down of a helicopter with a wire guided missile. I pressed the share button after it happened and seemed to miss the good bit out!

I worked out what was wrong, I changed the settings to 'Easy Share' which meant I had to hold the Share button to save the recording.

Woot. Tempted.

If I get a UK PS4, could I use a German power cable (from my PS3...or even PS2). Don't want to have to buy an adapter for the plug.

Woot. Tempted.

If I get a UK PS4, could I use a German power cable (from my PS3...or even PS2). Don't want to have to buy an adapter for the plug.

It should work, as far as i'm aware it's a case of simply swapping the plugs.

Woot. Tempted.

The voltage is the same @ ~240v. Only the pins on the plug are different.

Woot. Tempted.

Do eeet.

Why don't you want to buy a plug? Aren't they a pound? Sounds like you don't need one anyway.

No idea how much a plug costs :p

The PS4 however would 15€ more than in Germany (not including shipping). And I also have lots of vouchers for Amazon. I'd rather wait.

They're not in stock anymore anyway :D

God they sell like crazy : peace:

Yeah I had lots of Amazon vouchers too. I've put a preorder down on PS4 + Infamous bundle that is £385, knocked down to about £345 with vouchers. Praise be to Topcashback and relatives. :p

If I was able to put down a preorder for a PS4 for 400€ I'd knock the price down to 50€...

Outlast is available to download on PS4 now. Can't wait to shit myself.

Outlast is available to download on PS4 now. Can't wait to shit myself.

Downloading it now 4.3GB with a 137MB patch.

Looks like @ReZourceman is ready!

wp_20130228-1.jpg

Just played Outlast for a while. Heart is a bit crazy right now. So intense.

If all goes well, I'll be a proud PS4 owner in a couple of days :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I need this:

sony-gold-wireless-headset.jpg

Should be released soon :awesome: Will buy it asap!