NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

It's both faster and everything downloads in the background pretty seamlessly. I don't remember waiting for anything to download or install. It's like lightening.

Bro, have you seen PSN retail game prices? You're better off getting physical copies.

can the PS4 be tracked? the bloke next to me is on his facebook and his friends house has been burgled, they dumped his crappy laptop....but stole his brand new PS4, which he's angry about but thinks can be tracked....is this right? i never knew this

also sucks to be him

can the PS4 be tracked? the bloke next to me is on his facebook and his friends house has been burgled, they dumped his crappy laptop....but stole his brand new PS4, which he's angry about but thinks can be tracked....is this right? i never knew this

also sucks to be him

It's possible if they connect to the internet with it, but Sony will likely be unable to do anything legally unless the police ask them.

You can now order any of the PS4 bundles (including the Killzone/2 controllers/camera bundle) from Amazon, they're getting stock in on Dec 11th and say it should be with you before Christmas.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=1650&q=1735909

Edit: NVM. That's how quick they went. :p

Edited by Sheikah

Posted this on GAF because it will get more views but i respect peoples views here more, so i'll mention this mental tale here too

Has anyone had a faullty PS4 in the UK yet?

Just wondering about replacements/repairs....

You see my girlfriend was just in GAME in the White Rose Centre in Leeds queuing to pay, and she overheard a conversation between the woman in front of her buying a PS4 for her kids, and the bloke behind the counter...

The woman was about to pay for a PS4 bundle and the sales assistant was explaining warranties with her, and then said something which peaked my girlfriends interest....

The sales assistant said that if you have a fault PS4 and have to return it to Sony, you have to PAY UPFRONT £500 as a deposit, pending analysis of the PS4, where IF its found the damage is not covered by warranty (i.e you caused it) then they keep the money, but IF its covered by warranty they refund the money to you, this is because sony are trying to avoid people ending up with two consoles,or getting free repairs for damaged consoles, and that this was a sony policy so it was nothing GAME could help with

Now if this was some sort of sales tactic to sell GAME's warranty it didn't work, as it put the woman off and she left without buying anything, and my girlfriend said she wasn't paying attention to the start of the conversation to hear if he started off from a point saying if they bought GAMEs warranty blah blah blah

A manger with a birth mark on his face was nearby and never corrected him

Whats more a guy behind My girlfriend overheard this and was saying to her that he was looking to buy one soon but after hearing that he won't bother he'll stick with his PS3 until sony sort their act out......

WTF that cannot be true can it? wish i'd been there to hear it first hand, but she was purchasing a present for me, so i was made to go in another shop

If the guy an Xbox fan boy trying to destroy sales? severely miss informed?

no idea where the £500 comes from as the consoles £350

Thats for an instant new replacment and the money will be refunded as soon as they confirm its faulty i think.

MS is also shit for returns, even worse

My day one controller was faulty out of the box and to get it replaced i had to pay £10 postage to the chezh rep, and they will only pay the return postage.

you are joking me? thats TRUE?! it never worked like that with my PSP they came with a replacement with a courier and exchanged it....wow just wow £500 deposit for a £350 console, i suppose that £150 is delivery and admin then

Apple do that too, but you don't have to pay anything the process is just longer.

Google did that with my replacement Nexus 4 as well. Had to order a new one and they held the money until my faulty one was returned and then I was refunded.

i have never encountered this before at all...my only recent experiences were my 3DS and that was just a send off and repair job....

So the only incorrect bit of information given was that it made it sound like that was the only option....wow who has double a consoles cost ready to purchase it and be ready for a second if the 1st breaks

i have never encountered this before at all...my only recent experiences were my 3DS and that was just a send off and repair job....

So the only incorrect bit of information given was that it made it sound like that was the only option....wow who has double a consoles cost ready to purchase it and be ready for a second if the 1st breaks

Well they never take your money, if you send it back you have nothing to worry about.

That can't be right, Nintendo (as far as i'm aware) don't charge close to twice the price of a console to simply take the faulty machine, then refund it if it's in warranty. Nothing gone wrong so far, and if it does (and they try this) i will not be happy, and i'll wait for PS4's to become readily available before getting another one.

GAME did try to get me with the one off £50 cost to give it it's "extended" warranty which covers all damage, didn't go for it. Didn't see the point to be honest, last time i took out anything extra the company didn't honour it.

Got the US Netflix going on the PS4, nice to be able to watch it again on the big screen.

Edited by Jimbob

I think the point is, as Agent Gibbs said, that you should be covered under warranty anyway, but if you are wanting an immediate console swap then the manufacturer has no obligation to respect this request, however clearly the work-around is the promise of a refundable deposit.

Point is you get that deposit back once the manufacturer can confirm the console is faulty and not a con.

Personally I'd rather just wait :)

you are joking me? thats TRUE?! it never worked like that with my PSP they came with a replacement with a courier and exchanged it....wow just wow £500 deposit for a £350 console, i suppose that £150 is delivery and admin then

This is for a replacement to be sent straight away (you can send yours off first if you don't want to pay).

I think the main reason for the extra £150 is so people don't use this to buy a second console then not return the first one, as there's a stock shortage at the moment.

In which case, that sounds more plausible. I'd rather wait for a replacement to arrive over paying £500.

Out of interest, does the PS4 handle downloads like the PS3? Particularly in the setting of foreign PSN accounts - can you easily switch accounts to, say, a US one and download a title, then quickly switch back to you EU account and still play your foreign titles? Just hoping it's not awkward like the Vita.

Yes. I created a US PSN account with a US Amazon account and bought KZ from the Amazon digital store. (Forget those UK PSN digital prices, rip off!!!)

The titles are playable on ones EU account as long as the US account is set as the primary account on your PS4.

This is for a replacement to be sent straight away (you can send yours off first if you don't want to pay).

I think the main reason for the extra £150 is so people don't use this to buy a second console then not return the first one, as there's a stock shortage at the moment.

In which case, that sounds more plausible. I'd rather wait for a replacement to arrive over paying £500.

Personally I'd rather just wait :)

I suppose that makes sense, but i'd rather wait

Sounds like the employee didn't quite get the situation and was saying that was the only way.

from looking on GAF most who've returned one got it back in 72 hours as it is, so paying £500 to not have to wait three days...that is a whole level of impatience i've never seen before

Yeah thats not really a new thing

I've never actually seen it before. When my 360s broke I sent them to MS and they sent a new/repaired one out.

It's a deposit though?? You're not paying £500.

Yeah from what I gather if you want the instant replacement they'll place a charge on your card so they can take £500 but don't actually take the money unless the console was damaged out of warranty.

I've never actually seen it before. When my 360s broke I sent them to MS and they sent a new/repaired one out.

Yeah from what I gather if you want the instant replacement they'll place a charge on your card so they can take £500 but don't actually take the money unless the console was damaged out of warranty.

I don't know about there but here for Xbox One repairs whilst yes MS have been sending out replacements straight away without receiving the original,they have been putting charges for $500 on your card to take payment in case you don't return the faulty console or warranty is voided.

When you would return an RROD 360, it wasn't the same thing. It took 10-15 days, console-less, to get your replacement. In this case they're trying to get consoles out to people ASAP to curtail negative press and get systems out to people before Christmas.

This is all about supply and demand. Stock is short, demand is through the roof because it's new and it makes for a good gift. They don't want anyone scamming the system, but if they do, an extra $150 makes it worth it for them anyway. If they don't, the money goes right back. If you have a credit card or savings you'll probably never even notice it happen.