NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

So what's everybody getting at launch? - I've completely lost the plot and went overboard.

So with my PS4 I'm getting....

Camera

1tb hard drive

Turtle Beach P4C Headset

Killzone - Shadow Fall

Need for Speed - Rivals

Battlefield 4

Oh and a letter from my Bank Manager saying WTF!

Fry-Shut-Up-and-Take-My-Money-Futurama.gif

Killzone

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Then its looking like Assassin's Creed IV or NBA 2K14 as a Christmas present.

Battlefield 4.

Quite looking forward to the F2P and PS+ stuff:

Resogun

Contrast

Blacklight Retribution

Warframe

DCUO

Also, will be getting AC4 and probably Injustice before Christmas.

I think they are complete and utter dog shit.

Haha, this part made me lol.

I will say, Amazon delivery has become really crap around where I am. They stopped using Royal Mail and now use Amazon Logistics, which is basically made up (they use other random couriers). But unlike RM there's no depot to pick your stuff up, and when a guy missed delivery he still recorded it as delivered (prompting a length phone conversation with foreign customer service).

Although I did like when my old Kindle broke they refunded me entirely and sent me a new one. So basically a free Kindle.

Well, i'm getting

NBA 2K14

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

Killzone

That should see me through Christmas, and if us EU gamers get what the US got as a bonus then i'll also be happy.

Well, i'm getting

NBA 2K14

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

Killzone

That should see me through Christmas, and if us EU gamers get what the US got as a bonus then i'll also be happy.

Which is what?! Have I missed some news!

Which is what?! Have I missed some news!

What i read

Summarises up as

$10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store

30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial

30-day free Music Unlimited service trial

So what's everybody getting at launch? - I've completely lost the plot and went overboard.

Playstation 4

Killzone

Need for Speed

Call of Duty

Battlefield 4

Assassins Creed 4

Lego Marvel

Headset (£20)

Of course because of PS+

Contrast

Resogun

On top of that

1tb HDD

HDMI switcher (ran out of slots so the PS3/360 will use this)

Had to get a plug extension with more sockets (old one wasn't big enough)

Ethernet cable 7 metre (decided to not use wifi for the PS4)

Longer mini USB charger

And of course I'll try some of the free to play stuff.

I AM READY FOR THIS.

I reckon Super Mario 3D World might just hold my attention during PS4 weekend lol.

It seems that American celebrities (Zac Levi for example) are being given free consoles with their names engraved on them. Why am I not an American celebrity?

PS4

Killzone

It's all I need... ;)

...and all I can afford. :p

Still with Resogun free with Plus I'm sure it will be a launch to remember. :)

What i read

Summarises up as

$10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store

30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial

30-day free Music Unlimited service trial

Nice more value added in the box. Hopefully it wasn't just for the first one....

PS4 System Software Update 1.51 Coming Soon

Later today, the next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.51) will be available. With this minor required update, stability of system software has been improved. In addition, minor refinements to elements of the system UI (such as clearly indicating when a user downloads a game and a game patch at the same time) have been introduced.

In the North American region, automatic downloads for system and game updates are enabled by default when PS4 is in stand-by mode. Once system software update 1.51 is available later tonight, your PS4 will automatically download it, enabling you to update quickly and easily.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/19/ps4-system-software-update-1-51-coming-soon/

Looks like we should have a few less issues for our launch then hopefully

It is good that by the time we get the PS4 games like BF4 should hopefully be fixed. The patches for 1080p on COD and AC4 are all ready out so that's good.

Also its interesting to note the framerate problems some reviewers were complaining about on COD weren't because the framerate was dipping below 60fps but because the FR was going higher than 60 so it juddered lol. Its better with the 1080p patch but will be sorted properly soon.

Had a phone-call from GAME, my copy of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Buccanier edition is ready for collection tomorrow morning.

Shit's getting real now.

It is good that by the time we get the PS4 games like BF4 should hopefully be fixed. The patches for 1080p on COD and AC4 are all ready out so that's good.

Also its interesting to note the framerate problems some reviewers were complaining about on COD weren't because the framerate was dipping below 60fps but because the FR was going higher than 60 so it juddered lol. Its better with the 1080p patch but will be sorted properly soon.

Another kick in the balls for the XBO. COD runs at 720p on XBO so it can manage to stay at 60fps. It runs at 1080p on the PS4 and it runs so well the unlocked frame rate goes above 60fps.

"Sony have bucked the trend by not putting 802.11ac in the system"?

Fuck off IGN, like you need the ability to stream more than 75Mbps (station) at any given time you morons. Maybe think about the fact that if it was to work as an access point it could (by dictat of the standard) have up to 4x4 MIMO which would do over 200Mbps nicely. All without completely skullfucking the spectrum like 802.11ac is going to do.

How about looking into H.265 which can possibly deliver 4K compressed video over only a 30Mbps bandwidth? Funnily enough I think Sony will have that totally covered considering they will be employing it in... I dunno... ALL of their high end video tech.

hulk_avengers_gif_cinemagraph.gif

Edited by Jamba

When you're that angry, what else needs to be said? Hulk is one of my spirit animals.

Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

Fuck off IGN, like you need the ability to stream more than 75Mbps (station) at any given time you morons. Maybe think about the fact that if it was to work as an access point it could (by dictat of the standard) have up to 4x4 MIMO which would do over 200Mbps nicely. All without completely skullfucking the spectrum like 802.11ac is going to do.

How about looking into H.265 which can possibly deliver 4K compressed video over only a 30Mbps bandwidth? Funnily enough I think Sony will have that totally covered considering they will be employing it in... I dunno... ALL of their high end video tech.

I agree 100%.....

....But only because IGN are dicks, because I have no fucking clue what you just said.

hulk_avengers_gif_cinemagraph.gif

Hulk makes that quite possibly the angriest reading post ever! Perfect.

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but what if you wanted to download something over a 150-200MB fibre connection, whilst also streaming a game to your Vita?