NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

In most cases, problems of broken electronics are usually massively overblown, and they likely are with the PS4, too. There's no way to know right now how widespread the issues actually are.

Hmm, I'm curious as to how widespread these issues of overheating and general problems regarding the performance are. NeoGaf are currently in their corporate cock sucking mode by drowning out the sounds of users that are facing problems,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716732

A 34 page thread detailing the many issues people have been having with the PS4 and trying to find a work around and fixes. Not all corporate cocking sucking.

Here's a weird one someone posted on giantbomb:

... there is absolutely no download history option within the console. Not in the PlayStation Store like with PS3 not even buried in some hidden menu like 360 did for the longest time. Just not there. Now anything that is downloaded by redeeming a code that doesn't normally appear in the store for you to search for cannot be redownloaded from the console. You have to go to the web page for the SEN store and push it to your PS4 or through the app. Which neither are functioning as of yet. Like Sony how was this oversight allowed to happen. I understand why they replaced it with the Library tab but that omits a lot of stuff apparently.

Here's a weird one someone posted on giantbomb:

Oh giantbomb... you actually thought that a console would be fully functional on release? Bless...

Oh giantbomb... you actually thought that a console would be fully functional on release? Bless...

haha yep. Just weird though that this would be removed. I'm not 100% sure this guy is even right I thought the library displayed everything you "owned" not what was on the console.

On another note I know people are probably sick of listening to me talking about this but I almost certain I am going to switch PSN accounts to my canadian one for PS4. There are just too many little annoyances and nuances. For example if I decide to buy some DLC in game do I really want to have to quit a game, log out , log in etc....I've been thinking of getting a Vita and pretty much will at some point. It would make sense to tie this to a canadian account for game purchases and plus (ruled out keeping a UK Plus subscription translating to $'s it's nearly $100) also remote play you log in as the account tied to your Vita from what I understand I may be wrong...so that means I'd have this split of accounts there with 2 log ins for games if I remote play them?

I've been considering a Vita in recent weeks to go along with the PS4, not sure if and when i'd get one. Could be early next year once Christmas is done. May even wait until March when i get a cool £500 pay-out for my end of contract in work. The remote play does interest me.

I've been considering a Vita in recent weeks to go along with the PS4, not sure if and when i'd get one. Could be early next year once Christmas is done. May even wait until March when i get a cool £500 pay-out for my end of contract in work. The remote play does interest me.

Wait your jumping off the Xbox to Playstation?! I must have missed that! Congrats!

Wait your jumping off the Xbox to Playstation?! I must have missed that! Congrats!

Yeah, decided back in June after E3 when Microsoft severely buggered up. And since undoing all the damage, i still can't justify £430 for a console.

So - looking at the provided headest you get with the PS4 - it does look a bit on the shitty side.

So I've had a look about and this looks like a good deal as an alternative (you also get a dual charger with it).

Officially Licensed Stereo Gaming Headset Starter Kit (PS4)

257720_R_Z001A?$TMB$&wid=312&hei=312

£29.99 on Amazon or Argos - not too shabby eh?

Edited by Cookyman

I'll stick with the free headset, hearing other players online in one ear is more than sufficient, it would just get irritating in stereo. :heh:

And if it's one of those cheap headsets that tries to provide game audio through them as well then that's even worse, really not worth bothering with if you have a reasonable speaker setup already, still might be a viable option for some and it's always good to have options I suppose. : peace:

Thinking about it, I might just use my official bluetooth PS3 headset but we'll see what the launch one is like on the day. :)

Thinking about it, I might just use my official bluetooth PS3 headset but we'll see what the launch one is like on the day. :)

I don't think it's compatable if I remember rightly.

You could always go for this for £20 if you don't like an in ear headset.

It's by turtle beach so shouldn't be too shoddy.

TBEFP4CHPS4.jpg

Or the official one for £20

10266871.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Or the official one for £20

10266871.jpg

Now that one is more like it, I'll probably get that when the included 'free' one inevitably breaks. :p

ShopTo have started processing the PS4 preorders, just got my email. Also looks like they are combining them with the game preorders which is nice, usually they just do everything separately.

I can't find exact details, but it looks like the only upload (not steaming) options for images and videos are Facebook and Twitter, which sounds ridiculous. I can't seem to find information if you can save it and transfer to a USB memory device (although, support for these devices for backing up data is supposedly not there at launch and is coming later, so that's unlikely).

No YouTube option is pretty shocking.

Well decided to go for the Turtle Beach ones - for the bargain price of £15.97 from here - gamestop.co.uk

Seems to be a good site for bargains got the PS4 camera here a week ago for £39.97.

Edited by Cookyman

Yeah, Sony are releasing an update which will make the PS3 Bluetooth headsets work in the near future from what i've read anyway.

I can't find exact details, but it looks like the only upload (not steaming) options for images and videos are Facebook and Twitter, which sounds ridiculous. I can't seem to find information if you can save it and transfer to a USB memory device (although, support for these devices for backing up data is supposedly not there at launch and is coming later, so that's unlikely).

No YouTube option is pretty shocking.

Apparently it is coming later down the line....yes very dumb though that Facebook and twitter are the only options apparently they can't be put onto a USB although some cloud site that works with the Vita browser apparently works I forget it's name though....

Well decided to go for the Turtle Beach ones - for the bargain price of £15.97 from here - gamestop.co.uk

Seems to be a good site for bargains got the PS4 camera here a week ago for £39.97.

Can't go wrong with turtle beaches...that seems to be the set that all the stores over here are selling. I have a bare that are likely to be useless for PS4 as they are USB but sound outputs from the composite sound even with hdmi plugged in...which the PS4 doesn't have. I've pick up with set...although I'd like a two ear job I suppose for surround sound etc...apparently the sound quality is perfectly fine through that headphone jack which is nice to hear it's not compressed or anything.

Hmmm, the plot thickens. Could be all bullshit, but it's pretty interesting nonetheless:http://kotaku.com/rumor-foxconn-interns-and-alleged-ps4-sabotage-claims-1466539573?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

ShopTo have started processing the PS4 preorders, just got my email. Also looks like they are combining them with the game preorders which is nice, usually they just do everything separately.

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif?w=900

Hmmm, the plot thickens. Could be all bullshit, but it's pretty interesting nonetheless:http://kotaku.com/rumor-foxconn-interns-and-alleged-ps4-sabotage-claims-1466539573?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Wasn't aware that the manufacturer had changed. It would explain a few things, if not simply that Sony is not in direct control of their quality control and working conditions.

I still think all of this squawking about the release hardware is a massive over reaction as it will be with the Xbox One when it inevitably happens with that just as it did with the Wii U.

So this is the e-mail that ShopTo are sending out to everyone...

Dear Customer,

The wait for PlayStation 4 is almost over! We are now just a couple of weeks away from the launch of Sony's next generation console. To ensure your pre-order is dispatched as smoothly as possible please take the time to read the key payment and delivery information below.

Payment:

Due to the enormous demand for PlayStation 4 we will start processing pre-orders from Saturday 16th November 2013 to allow us time to prepare. There are three payment options available to you:

1. Wait until the 16th of November and we will attempt to charge your card then. Please ensure your card details with us are up-to-date and that you have sufficient funds available on the 16th as if your card is rejected we will not attempt to charge it again for a couple of days, causing a delay in your pre-order being processed and packed.

2. Pay now. You can log into your ShopTo account any point up until the 16th and pay for your PlayStation 4 and any other games or accessories you may have up front. By paying now you can relax safe in the knowledge everything is paid for without risk of payment failing. You can pay in advance by visiting the pre-orders section of your account and clicking either the "Pay with PayPal" or "Pay with card" button.

3. Finance. You can apply for finance now on your PlayStation 4 console. If you have other PlayStation 4 launch games and accessories on pre-order you can also use our 'Finance Basket' to finance them all together! With flexible deposits and adjustable monthly payments finance is a great way to pay for your PlayStation 4, plus you could pre-order additional PlayStation 4 products for just a few extra pounds a month. For more details on PlayStation 4 finance click here.

Dispatch & Delivery:

- We will be dispatching all PlayStation 4 launch products you have pre-ordered together in the same box. As we will begin processing pre-orders from the 16th please ensure you have pre-ordered all the PlayStation 4 items you want to arrive with your console before this time. If you pre-order additional PlayStation 4 products after the 16th they will be dispatched separately.

- You PlayStation 4 will be dispatched via DPD courier. With DPD you get the convenience of a one hour delivery window, provided to you on the morning of delivery. DPD send this information via e-mail and text message so please ensure you have your mobile number on file with us. DPD also provide a "Follow My Parcel" service that will allow you to track your delivery in real time. A link provided via e-mail and text message will let you track the delivery vehicle's live position and place in the queue, plus will narrow your delivery window down to 15 minutes!

- All pre-orders will be dispatched on Thursday 28th November for delivery on Friday 29th November (mainland UK only), the official release date of PlayStation 4. While we may mark your pre-order as dispatched prior to this time this will only be to confirm your order has been packed and is ready for delivery on the 29th.

We hope this answers any questions you may have regarding your PlayStation 4 pre-order. The most important immediate information is to note that we will start charging pre-orders from Saturday 16th November (this weekend!), so if you've still yet to make a final decision on the games and accessories you'd like for launch please ensure you do so as soon as possible.

Please remember to update your account if necessary with your mobile number!

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo Team

I only received this e-mail today - four times over no less! - and I don't appear to have actually been charged yet... there hasn't been a problem with my card that I use to pay for my orders on ShopTo so I'm wondering if they have tried to charge it yet or if they just have so many orders to get through, I think it's the latter.

Probably just reading too much into the exact wording, I am curious though have anyone else's cards been charged? Also which bundle did you go for?

I'm just curious as they might be processing them in batches - standard PS4/Killzone pack/Mega Bundle - after all it's a huge operation so surely they have to make it a bit easier to process so it probably won't all be processed based on pre-order date - in case it's relevant I pre-ordered on June 11th 2013 - but anyway, should be interesting to see how they process it all. : peace:

Shopto are charging already. That seems way too early.

I dont expect Amazon to charge me until next Monday at the earliest.