NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I think despite already owning the proper version on PC I might actually get the PS4 version of Minecraft. It would just be nice to be able to play multiplayer on it quickly by inviting friends to my world instead of having to sort out servers.

I think despite already owning the proper version on PC I might actually get the PS4 version of Minecraft. It would just be nice to be able to play multiplayer on it quickly by inviting friends to my world instead of having to sort out servers.

If it helps any I owned the PC version before buying the Xbox 360 version and have enjoyed playing multiplayer immensely. My biggest gripe with it was the smaller world and crappy draw distance which will probably be fixed with the next gen versions.

If it helps any I owned the PC version before buying the Xbox 360 version and have enjoyed playing multiplayer immensely. My biggest gripe with it was the smaller world and crappy draw distance which will probably be fixed with the next gen versions.

I think I just also wonder how much I will end up playing it without all my favourite mods but we'll see I guess.

I think I just also wonder how much I will end up playing it without all my favourite mods but we'll see I guess.

Ah, then the trade off might not be worth it. I know there are times when, after playing the PC version with mods, the Xbox 360 version can seem a bit restrictive.

Hmm, people getting excited now?

Not sure if this is known, but ASDA have PS4 + Killzone bundles available for guaranteed release date delivery for £385. 2.1% Topcashback too.

Edited by Sheikah

Had a go on the PS4 today. Excuse the dirt.

1451426_451738038268622_1547745125_n.jpg

1425741_451738098268616_1960719048_n.jpg

Damn fine machine indeed, the controller as it's been said feels so so comfortable. The back of the control pad has a kind of a grip at the back, which certainly helps if playing for a long period of time. They had a demo of Knack on, which as i mentioned wasn't too good. Had a chat with a member of staff who was setting up the consoles, he said the PS4 has been the most popular demo'd machine since setting up.

I also got a few snaps of the Xbox One whilst in-store, they are in the correct thread.

Hmm, people getting excited now?

Not sure if this is known, but ASDA have PS4 + Killzone bundles available for guaranteed release date delivery for £385. 2.1% Topcashback too.

Much obliged, was hoping something like this would pop up. Just put my order in!

Hype train can officially leave the station. Choo choooooo

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Much obliged, was hoping something like this would pop up. Just put my order in!

Hype train can officially leave the station. Choo choooooo

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Don't mention it!

After some deliberation I've just ordered a 1tb drive for the PS4 and an enclosure for the 500gb one that comes with the console.

shit-just-got-real.jpeg

Dude, did you try Octodad? So damn funny.

They didn't have that on demo in-store, only Knack and Fifa.

Thanks to last nights stream I think I might have to get Assassin's Creed IV and NBA 2K14 now as well. Probably wait a few months for their prices to drop but I thought both looked good.

They didn't have that on demo in-store, only Knack and Fifa.

From the look of the unit, it's the standard one. If you press down on the menu screen, it takes you to a different carousel where all of the Indie games one. Four different playable ones :-)

After some deliberation I've just ordered a 1tb drive for the PS4 and an enclosure for the 500gb one that comes with the console.

I'm sure you know that you can't use that makeshift external HDD with the PS4, but I thought I'd remind you just in case.

I'm sure you know that you can't use that makeshift external HDD with the PS4, but I thought I'd remind you just in case.

I thought you could use an external HDD to back up game files and saves? So instead of deleting, you could move stuff to the external then back to the PS4 if you wanted it (instead of re-downloading).

Yes, well aware thanks.

Thanks to last nights stream I think I might have to get Assassin's Creed IV and NBA 2K14 now as well. Probably wait a few months for their prices to drop but I thought both looked good.

Did you see all the weird OS stuff they had going on? Booting games and getting kicked back to the OS for no reason. Game saves corrupting, the OS chugging when installing games (a process that was touted as seamless), also the patching/installing process for a new game seems super confusing to me. It's slightly worrying that these problems can happen if PSN is down and makes me wonder how it runs with no internet at all....is it that reliant on a stable internet connection just to run?

I thought you could use an external HDD to back up game files and saves? So instead of deleting, you could move stuff to the external then back to the PS4 if you wanted it (instead of re-downloading).

If you can it's not available from day one if the internet is anything to go by.

It seems a lot of sacrifices have been made to have a fluent firmware for now hopefully all this stuff gets ironed out and they aren't left chasing Microsoft on an OS feature set again. Whether people like to accept it I do feel that played into peoples minds early in the day more than we'd like to think.

Did you see all the weird OS stuff they had going on? Booting games and getting kicked back to the OS for no reason. Game saves corrupting, the OS chugging when installing games (a process that was touted as seamless), also the patching/installing process for a new game seems super confusing to me. It's slightly worrying that these problems can happen if PSN is down and makes me wonder how it runs with no internet at all....is it that reliant on a stable internet connection just to run?

Yeah I saw them. Its nearly all related to the PSN launch day struggles so im not exactly worried.

From the look of the unit, it's the standard one. If you press down on the menu screen, it takes you to a different carousel where all of the Indie games one. Four different playable ones :-)

Probably is. The UI was different to that the console will have, so i guess Indie games aren't demo'd.

Yeah I saw them. Its nearly all related to the PSN launch day struggles so im not exactly worried.

I still somewhat am concerned though that the console itself isn't stable regardless of PSN's situation. They had issues without even being logged on to PSN at times...at least PS3 works fine if it's offline. At the very least I should be able to view games installed on my system. They had instances where the logos weren't appearing and it was just a row of swirling circles...

I'm not interested in buying a Xbox One per say but am really looking forward to watching GB's xbox stream. it will be very interesting to see how their OS stands up at it's "worse" so to speak

Edited by flameboy

I still somewhat am concerned though that the console itself isn't stable regardless of PSN's situation. They had issues without even being logged on to PSN at times...at least PS3 works fine if it's offline. At the very least I should be able to view games installed on my system. They had instances where the logos weren't appearing and it was just a row of swirling circles...

I'm not interested in buying a Xbox One per say but am really looking forward to watching GB's xbox stream. it will be very interesting to see how their OS stands up at it's "worse" so to speak

They were logged onto the PSN the entire time and always said that the issues were due to the launch day problems. You even saw that when they were bumped back to the dash and the message kept popping up about PSN experiencing issues.

Hmm, I'm curious as to how widespread these issues of overheating and general problems regarding the performance are. NeoGaf are currently in their corporate cock sucking mode by drowning out the sounds of users that are facing problems,

PSN related problems are to be expected though with the rush and the first weekend stress on the servers.