NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

GAME Cardiff have a PS4 on display (and it's playable), they have Knack as a demo on the console. I know they have a lock-in this weekend, but they are keeping the demo units up for some time. The controller feels great as i already know.

So I'm hearing there's some DOA PS4s? Apparently IGN's gave up the ghost after not too short a while and some dude who won one's not even managed to get it working properly at all? Not a good start for Sony. Can't source it right now as I'm at work/was posted on my facebook - but a quick google of IGN and PS4 will probs turn it up.

So I'm hearing there's some DOA PS4s? Apparently IGN's gave up the ghost after not too short a while and some dude who won one's not even managed to get it working properly at all? Not a good start for Sony. Can't source it right now as I'm at work/was posted on my facebook - but a quick google of IGN and PS4 will probs turn it up.

Didn't Sony say there was a Day 1 patch?. Maybe they've not released the patch yet.

Didn't Sony say there was a Day 1 patch?. Maybe they've not released the patch yet.

The patch was released a couple of weeks ago.

Calm down, calm down!

scouse-wig-tash-set-334-p.jpg

Don't Worry, Sony Believes Defective PS4s Are Isolated Incidents

It's not broken, it's just angry

Keep calm and remain hyped

In the aftermath of Microsoft’s red ring of death blunder, there’s more than a little anxiety surrounding the build quality of the impending PlayStation 4. Unfortunately, it’s an inevitability that electronics will fail, and following reports of broken consoles overnight, Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has hopped onto Twitter to inform followers that, while the issues are unlikely to be widespread, the platform holder’s looking into the problems all the same.

“Be assured that we are investigating reported PS4 issues,” he wrote, hopefully in a calm and collected manner. “The number is very small compared to [the number of] shipped [units], and we believe that they are isolated incidents.” The executive’s got a point – if the platform holder sells around a million consoles in North America tonight, then even if the fail rate’s less than one per cent, it will still become a big story. Until we start seeing widespread issues across a sizeable number of systems, though, it’s really not worth panicking about just yet.

Still, it’s nice to know that the manufacturer’s keeping a close eye on the reports. We’re sure that this story will continue to run over the coming weeks, but hopefully it fizzles out over time. While previous PlayStation platforms haven’t been flawless from a hardware perspective – the original PS2’s accident-prone laser being a big issue last generation – the reliability of Sony’s products tends to be pretty high. Nevertheless, it’s always worth crossing your fingers during this scary pre-launch period. Let’s do it together, huh?

A patch isn't going to help much if it's DOA. To be fair though it's not that surprising. If you shift a million of anything you're going to get problems with some. My first Gamecube only lasted a week or so.

Is that actually an issue for people?

Of course it is - it's the internet people moan about anything.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj4D0C8PHZ7SUv_Rr--gJz1y9Pl7fgrHfCqv5jm8ezzgcVx_JuPQ

Is that actually an issue for people?

This shit is like dynamite for us Japan based Parkinson's disease suffering Sony fans. I for one am fucking pissed.

Surely a patch will fix the wobble, right? Patches fix every thing, including broken consoles.

Some more performance comparisons coming in

2YKQLsS.gif

Edited by Debug Mode

All those dislikes and comments whining/complaining, happens every generation.. When are people going to learn that most of these are deliberate done for the sake of marketing?

Bit annoyed at how Sainsbury's finally did release the Mega bundle but on first come first served instead of offering to people with pre-orders as Sony suggested (and almost every other retailer did...).

Have you checked this out yet?

Jimmy Fallon Freaks out with the playroom and check out Ice T kicking the shit out of the robots too!

The greatest thing in that video is Jimmy Fallon's eyes filled with genuine amazement.

He's enjoying this. :laughing:

This is what gaming is all about (yes, I consider the play room a real video game). Make people enjoy the new technology.

For us 'hardcore gamers' the playroom won't have the same effect and this 'next generation' will have a rocky start, but I can see myself enjoying games the same way Jimmy Fallon enjoys playing with virtual robots.

Oooh Amazon have put the PS4 bundles up for pre-order. They can only guarantee that you'll receive it after release but before Christmas. I think I'm going to swap to the mega bundle and cancel my standalone order from Sainsbury's.

Yeah I won't get it on release date anymore but I think I can wait up to six weeks for it, I'm getting the Xbox One next week so it's not like I'll have neither!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Cover your eyes children!

What is the point? :blank:

I get that these kind of things are done deliberately for PR etc but when it comes down to it... this is still senseless destruction of technology which I will never abide by or even begin to understand. :nono:

What happened to the days of priding yourself in keeping your games consoles in good condition? :indeed:

Not as in immaculate, unplayed condition but I've always seen it as part of owning a games console that you enjoy playing, treat the machine with a little respect by not damaging it and it will last a very long time providing you with countless hours of joy. : peace:

Roll on launch day! :D

Some thing very unfortunately seems to be happening with some PS4 deliveries. No joke, a train carrying UPS deliveries has gone and fucking derailed.

A54yMF8.jpg

This is clearly due to all the wobbling PS4 consoles. Thousands of them wobbling at a time is going to cause some damage.

Haha. That's gold...what would you even say if you tracked your parcel and it said that.

What is the point? :blank:

I get that these kind of things are done deliberately for PR etc but when it comes down to it... this is still senseless destruction of technology which I will never abide by or even begin to understand. :nono:

What happened to the days of priding yourself in keeping your games consoles in good condition? :indeed:

Not as in immaculate, unplayed condition but I've always seen it as part of owning a games console that you enjoy playing, treat the machine with a little respect by not damaging it and it will last a very long time providing you with countless hours of joy. : peace:

Roll on launch day! :D

I can't understand it myself but its just clickbait designed to get people watching and see how they destroy things, like the "will it blend" videos

still the best one of these i've ever seen is where someone glued and iphone 5to the groung outside a phone shop on launch day and then filmed people trying to pick it up.....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Cover your eyes children!

That first shot was such a clean exit wound, the PS4 did well. The second shot however was the real money shot, epic exit wound - game over!