NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Four-part series looking at the development of DS4: http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/21/the-playstation-4-controller-what-couldve-been-part-1-exclusive/

Apparently the early prototypes were really different, shame Sony won't allow us to see them.

It does provide an interesting read highlighting that changing a controller for the sake of changing it, may not be the best approach.

Edited by Ashley

You don't have to fully install every game. Instead, a portion of the HDD is used for caching, and this is done automatically.

Disappointing to see the background music player stuck behind a £5 a month additional paywall.

Not sure if I want to believe this. He claims to have "sources", yet gets a few facts that are confirmed wrong (e.g; The CoD: Ghosts 1080p issue.) If this is true, bad show Sony, but I honestly think it's mostly bullshit.

EDIT: There's articles going back as early as February, the day after the PS4 reveal, with Sony stating that PS4 is DRM free. Nothing to see here people...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

And Vimeo!

You can stream Spotify through PMS actually (just given it a try). Oh but the lag is awful. Takes about 5 seconds to catch up if you skip/pause.

Edited by Ashley

I thought that the PS4s online multiplayer was going to be free for everyone and this was one of the main reasons why people don't want to pay for Xbox Live?

From the FAQ:

Is PlayStation Plus necessary for multiplayer gameplay on the PS4 system?

Yes, PlayStation Plus membership is needed for PS4 online multiplayer gaming. The PS4 system features a significantly enhanced online feature set that will deliver innovative new online gaming experiences.

Will non PS Plus members be able to play free to play online games on the PS4 system?

Certain titles built on a free-to-play model will not require PlayStation Plus for multiplayer functionality. This list currently includes Blacklight Retribution, DC Universe Online, and War Frame at launch in North America.

Can I play online without a Plus membership?

Generally speaking, no. PlayStation Plus membership is required to play the majority of online titles on the PS4 system, however a selection of free-to-play multiplayer titles will be available without a PS Plus membership.

Yeah that's been known for a while now. Most people like myself are fine with it because we would have been paying for PS+ regardless for its other features.

They said at E3 it now included multiplayer on the PS4.

I assume you mean Plus included multiplayer for the PS4?

Maybe it's just me but the only thing that I would want to do with my console is play games online. I know there are a lot of other features that Xbox Live makes you pay for that PS Plus doesn't but for me it's all about the online gaming.

I actually thought that getting a PS4 would mean that I wouldn't have to pay for the multiplayer.

It doesn't bother me, as long as it's cheaper than Xbox Live i don't mind. Xbox Live is a extortionate rip-off, can't even watch Netflix or NBA League Pass without already paying whatever the rate is for Live.

I assume you mean Plus included multiplayer for the PS4?

Maybe it's just me but the only thing that I would want to do with my console is play games online. I know there are a lot of other features that Xbox Live makes you pay for that PS Plus doesn't but for me it's all about the online gaming.

I actually thought that getting a PS4 would mean that I wouldn't have to pay for the multiplayer.

Don't you know the rules yet?

If Microsoft charges for Live it's an extortionate and wholly unnecessary rip-off.

If Sony charges for Plus it's totally logical, value for money and anyone that doesn't think so is an idiot!

Fucking Hell, not this again.

Since most of us paid for Plus before online was put behind it we already perceived it had value.

If Microsoft charges for Live it's an extortionate and wholly unnecessary rip-off.

If Sony charges for Plus it's totally logical, value for money and anyone that doesn't think so is an idiot!

Zechs can't keep his troll like opinions of other consoles to himself, he has a compulsion to spout of some inflammatory shite on here then buggers off back to the Nintendo boards.

This guy has two words to say to you:

15xsg7m.gif

Fucking Hell, not this again.

Since most of us paid for Plus before online was put behind it we already perceived it had value.

Couldn't put it better myself.

Actually, I said spasticated not idiotic.

#TheZechsReZRivalry

1383014_10153406567880581_1214219869_n.jpg

I'd explain why people don't mind paying for PS+ and why that is better than XBL but you clearly wouldn't get it.

Sour grapes from a Nintendo fanboy straying into a domain where he hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

Tbh.

Thing is Zechs, Plus is value for money, its amazing the number of quality games they give you for free each month, one month pays for the yearly subscription.

Anyways, My brother has got his preordered so I'll pop round to his and have a go on a few of his launch games. I'm hyped!

Everytime I see him now, he asks if I'm getting a PS4 or Xbox One, my usual response "I'm good, I've got a Wii U".

I can't keep this lie up for much longer.

I'm not good, I want next gen 3rd party titles!

Geoff Keighley tweeted this last night:

Get ready for an epic night of @PlayStation world premieres and announcements. #PS4ALLACCESS, Live from NYC in 2 weeks, 11/14, 11PM on Spike

Hopefully get some good announcements.