NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

A few developers have mentioned that the only work developers need to do for the Remote Play is map Vita controls. All the hard work is done for them.

Lol, not even close.

These are the games I actually wanted that were a part of Plus since this last year and how much I spent on them in USD:

Sleeping Dogs - 4.49 (best glitch ever).

Vanquish - 5

Just Cause 2 - 4.99

Street Figher IV bla bla edition - 7.49

Borderlands - 4.99

Spec Ops: The Line - 7.49

For 35$ (£22) I have unlimited unconditional access to all the games I actually wanted from this last year's list. Forever. I'd say that beats the £38 that a 12 month subscription would cost me. I'm not saying + is a bad deal. It isn't. It's awesome. But it's completely useless for a PC gamer. And not even close to being the same value as steam. :P

No it doesnt beat what a Plus subscription gives you in terms of value whatsoever. Plus gets newer games and more of them for less than what steam offers. Not to mention the games you mentioned arent all steam games. SF4 is a game for windows live game. As are other shitty capcom drm infested games. Is Vanquish even out on PC?

Another big point is if you are just playing on steam you are missing the point of pc gaming. When most people talk pc gaming we mean pc exclusives. Keyboard and mouse games. Steam is just icing on the cake. But its by no means a replacement for consoles.

I'm a PC gamer. Been a pc gamer longer than I have a console gamer.

No it doesnt beat what a Plus subscription gives you in terms of value whatsoever. Plus gets newer games and more of them for less than what steam offers. Not to mention the games you mentioned arent all steam games. SF4 is a game for windows live game. As are other shitty capcom drm infested games. Is Vanquish even out on PC?

Another big point is if you are just playing on steam you are missing the point of pc gaming. When most people talk pc gaming we mean pc exclusives. Keyboard and mouse games. Steam is just icing on the cake. But its by no means a replacement for consoles.

I'm a PC gamer. Been a pc gamer longer than I have a console gamer.

I think it does. I spend less and get to keep the games I want forever. In my book that's far superior. And this is going nowhere, since you'll continue to argue that the possibility to try other games trumps the cheaper cost of Steam, but in my case, being quite a selective gamer, that's completely irrelevant. For me, + is a way worse deal than Steam sales. Especially since you'll forever be stuck to that fee if you ever want to replay something and aren't on + at the moment.

SF4 is on Steam, you need Windows Live ID to play it, but so what? I think the larger online community and much bigger stick compatibility is much preferable. oO

Vanquish is not on PC. But it's a shooter. I always go 360 for shooters. If there's one thing the 360 trumps the PS3 in, it's the controller, especially for shooters. Probably the only thing, though... lol, poor 360.

Steam is the icing on the cake? What the hell Choze, you live in a parallel world. Steam has pretty much everything you may want... The only games I have outside of Steam are LoL, Minecraft and Blizzard stuff, pretty much. And Guild Wars 2 for my bros. What does Steam not offer that you want? All the important games are on there except for 3 or 4 specific games, be it old school PC stuff or console stuff.

"Another big point is if you are just playing on steam you are missing the point of pc gaming. When most people talk pc gaming we mean pc exclusives. Keyboard and mouse games. Steam is just icing on the cake. But its by no means a replacement for consoles."

"Most people". Love the arrogance. Take a trip on over to GAF and see how it really goes. PC gaming is anything that you play on a PC nowdays, you're stuck in the early 2000s bro... In my case literally everything except PS3 and 360 exclusives is played on the PC. PCs are taking over the living room... Mine for example is connected to both my monitor in my room and the TV in the living room and it's completely replaced the consoles as my main machine. It does everything better, plus is alot less noisy (hooray for water cooling) and alot more versatile. In what way is it not a replacement? Except for exclusives there isn't a point in playing anything on a console for me anymore.

Don't get all PC Master Race on me just because you're stuck in the past, the platform has crossed over and it's goten alot better for it. You should embrace that, not hide from it.

I think it does. I spend less and get to keep the games I want forever. In my book that's far superior. And this is going nowhere, since you'll continue to argue that the possibility to try other games trumps the cheaper cost of Steam, but in my case, being quite a selective gamer, that's completely irrelevant. For me, + is a way worse deal than Steam sales. Especially since you'll forever be stuck to that fee if you ever want to replay something and aren't on + at the moment.

Thats your choice. I can see the reasoning behind it and its fine. There are pros and cons both ways.

Steam is the icing on the cake? What the hell Choze, you live in a parallel world. Steam has pretty much everything you may want... The only games I have outside of Steam are LoL, Minecraft and Blizzard stuff, pretty much. And Guild Wars 2 for my bros. What does Steam not offer that you want? All the important games are on there except for 3 or 4 specific games, be it old school PC stuff or console stuff.

Most big games are not on steam. Mainly because the biggest pc developers/publishers don't need to share a cut with Valve. Steam is great though but its not close to being the only thing you can survive on.

"Most people". Love the arrogance. Take a trip on over to GAF and see how it really goes. PC gaming is anything that you play on a PC nowdays, you're stuck in the early 2000s bro... In my case literally everything except PS3 and 360 exclusives is played on the PC. PCs are taking over the living room... Mine for example is connected to both my monitor in my room and the TV in the living room and it's completely replaced the consoles as my main machine. It does everything better, plus is alot less noisy (hooray for water cooling) and alot more versatile. In what way is it not a replacement? Except for exclusives there isn't a point in playing anything on a console for me anymore.

Don't get all PC Master Race on me just because you're stuck in the past, the platform has crossed over and it's goten alot better for it. You should embrace that, not hide from it.

Arrogance? Not many pc games get huge coverage on neogaf. The discussion is mostly console. There are lots of places that have great pc discussion.

Your 'average' pc gamer probably owns a reasonable laptop. The biggest selling physical game was Diablo 3 the past year. All the most popular biggest pc games are partially designed around getting as many systems to run their game. They also happen to be pc only games. Console ports are not that popular as you are suggesting. The biggest were BF3 and Elder scrolls (both were pc franchises mostly). High end pc gamers have always been around. But not everyone is going to blow cash on a Geforce 660ti let alone a Titan.

What you will see with consoles such as the Xbone and PS4 is the bottom level of hardware requirements getting raised. For most people the consoles will be the easiest and cheapest way to enjoy next gen games. This will be problematic for most pc gamers for a year or two until prices go low enough. After that pc's will gain the upper hand again. The cycle simply repeats each time. As it did with the PS3, PS2, NGC , SNES, N64 etc.

Edited by Choze

Drive Club looks like not being a launch title so think of this as a Prologue version like GT.

Drive Club looks like not being a launch title so think of this as a Prologue version like GT.

It was confirmed for launch.

Just pre-ordered

KZ

AC4

Watch Dogs

Fifa

BF4

NFS

Might get Knack and COD towards the end of the year.

Just pre-ordered

KZ

AC4

Watch Dogs

Fifa

BF4

NFS

Are you fucking rich?

I've been saving since February, I'll have more than enough. Just need the willpower to not touch it.

I was clicking all these pre-orders on shopto. I checked the price after I had finished and it was over a grand, I said "what the fuck that isn't right". I forgot to cancel my Xbox One pre-order, now that's gone the total price looks much better.

Edited by bryanee

I think perhaps Killzone, Battlefield and Watch_Dogs, with Knack and Assassin's Creed 4 when they're cheaper.

My local Blockbuster has 15 pre orders for the Xbox One and 9 for the PS4, genuinely shocked.

Edited by Caris

My local Blockbuster has 15 pre orders for the Xbox One and 9 for the PS4, genuinely shocked.

At the ratio or that Blockbusters are still open? :D

At the ratio or that Blockbusters are still open? :D

They won't be open much longer if their customers buy the Xbox One.

I'd be surprised if Microsoft could fulfil that many pre-orders. Rumblings are they are having serious manufacturing issues and allocation, in America at least, reflects that.

I am pretty sure the one will outsell everything anyhow in the US. Early preorders are just hardcore gamers.

I'd be surprised if Microsoft could fulfil that many pre-orders. Rumblings are they are having serious manufacturing issues and allocation, in America at least, reflects that.

If that's the case, they truly are copying what Sony did last generation.

Who on earth pre-orders console hardware at Blockbusters?

Are you fucking rich?

It was confirmed for launch.

Just pre-ordered

KZ

AC4

Watch Dogs

Fifa

BF4

NFS

Might get Knack and COD towards the end of the year.

The Plus Edition was confirmed for launch...no word on the actual version.

If I manage to rustle together the money it will be Killzone, Watch Dogs and FIFA.

The Plus Edition was confirmed for launch...no word on the actual version.

If I manage to rustle together the money it will be Killzone, Watch Dogs and FIFA.

They said during the conference that KZ, Knack and Drive Club were all day one, they didn't specify DC being the plus edition when they said that.

Who on earth pre-orders console hardware at Blockbusters?

My local store is actually decent, huge and all they pretty much sell is games.

I remember buying ex rental SNES games many years ago :(

I'm hoping Sony confirm the prices for PS4 games as pretty much the same as current gen as Microsoft have done today.

Interested to know when the console will actually be released as well, I am assuming November sometime?

I'm hoping Sony confirm the prices for PS4 games as pretty much the same as current gen as Microsoft have done today.

Interested to know when the console will actually be released as well, I am assuming November sometime?

Current rumours are pinning it down as an October release, which would be even sweeter and give them a month head start against Microsoft.

Release it on the 18th of October. I'd have the best birthday ever.

Current rumours are pinning it down as an October release, which would be even sweeter and give them a month head start against Microsoft.

Rumour I read this morning was release on the 21st of November so who knows at this point. Too many rumours going around that are really just guesses.

Rumour I read this morning was release on the 21st of November so who knows at this point. Too many rumours going around that are really just guesses.

Indeed. I'm still hoping for a October release though. A lower price point + a months head start =

Broadcast Yourself
Audio