NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

The streaming PS3 games is another wonderful addition, so many I want to play.

That article is great @Daft. I particularly like how they summed up Sony's approach by the comparison with the days of the Saturn. There's a real fight about them and they seem to genuinely care about cultivating a happy environment for developers and consumers, rather than just publishers.

I think I'm more excited for the PS4 than I have been for any console now. Best of all, two of my main 'play with online' friends agree that the PS4 just looks so much better, isn't even close. Great news, especially when I really expected them to still be excited over the One.

It could've been a pink and green cardboard box with ReZ's face drawn all over it, I'd still buy one.

I watched all of the major announcements and I am blown away :D FINALLY they have Final Fantasy Versus. Kingdom Hearts is "now in development", on schedule for a 2020 release maybe!

They seem like are genuinely giving people what they want in all cases, instead of the giving them the product they want to sell like Microsoft.

Hmmm. Jack Tretton just interviewed. Asked about DRM and he said it'll be up to 3rd parties what they do.... HANG ON!!! So maybe Sony aren't the angels they set themseleves up to be!

Hmmm. Jack Tretton just interviewed. Asked about DRM and he said it'll be up to 3rd parties what they do.... HANG ON!!! So maybe Sony aren't the angels they set themseleves up to be!

Sounded to me that it'll just be the same kind of stuff thats happening now with online passes and stuff.

Streaming PS3 games, aka backwards compatible. Something Xbone isn't fond of. I could investigate the back catalouge of the Playstation, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Question, does anyone know if this would include DLC as well on the streaming or just the game as it were? I know it's early days yet, but wouldn't harm to know.

Edited by Jimbob

There's still a difference between how Microsoft and Sony have handled DRM. Although to be fair Sony used their reveal for shock/headline generation rather than being candid with everyone and probably benefitting the situation.

As much as it sucks, Sony would be hurting themselves if they told developers they have no freedom to implement DRM, but by not including it in their own releases it should hopefully lead by example. It automatically presents a situation where a developer would need to think twice before including it which is a good thing.

Microsoft are likely in the same boat with their DRM stance, but they handled it terribly and created a PR nightmare. Microsoft also have a host of other problems, DRM only being one of them.

Edited by Guy

I think the Wii U is EASILY the best looking console. I actually prefer the look of the xbox to the ps4, but it's size knocks it back a hell of a lot. I think the ps4 is one of the worst looking consoles I've ever seen. But I don't really care what they look like

It's not difficult to make a small and sleek looking console when you don't put anything in it.

Any PS4 news today?

This just in: The PS4 is awesome.

lol

Any PS4 news today?

Show floor only really opened a few hours ago so we havent had much. Just Tretton confirming that third parties can do their own DRM if they want but seeing as thats how it is now its not that surprising.

Ok, so I went with Amazon for my pre order of this. What are they like for release day delivery? I ordered it on the 9th, hopefully that's early enough to guarantee one!

According to the below Pachter interview, Sony are making a small profit on each sell of the PS4 as the parts come to about $325 with the price being $399

That aside, it's an interesting analysis of what has happened and what is to come.

PS4/XBone size comparison.

n3bWtwW.jpg

Ridiculous really.

Doesn't the Xbox One also need an external power brick?

The PS4 one seems built-in.

Someone did a rough comparison:

1Nd5doP.jpg

High res images:

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

I think I'll pick up the camera for the sake of complete-ness. Also, I love how it's going to be used in Daylight.

Ok, so I went with Amazon for my pre order of this. What are they like for release day delivery? I ordered it on the 9th, hopefully that's early enough to guarantee one!

I've also gone with Amazon. Can't say they've ever let me down in the past when it comes to getting things on time.

I've also gone with Amazon. Can't say they've ever let me down in the past when it comes to getting things on time.

Excellent news. Let's just hope all of their pre-order stock hasn't gone already!! :heh:

@dazzybee This might interest you in particular.

Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Shares Relevant Details on PlayStation Plus Requirement for Multiplayer on PS4

While direct competition in real time won’t be possible [without PS Plus] for instance in the case of DriveClub, asynchronous online gameplay and receiving data from other players will still be free of charge.

I'm a big fan of asynchronous multiplayer so it's good to know if someone doesn't want to pick up plus, they'll still be involved that way.

sony_zps716ce614.jpg

found a better GOT meme for this (all though it should be Kaz sends his regards)

EDIT: Sorry@Daft, thought it would be okay,but don't worry you can't tell who those characters are though if you've only seen season one

so

nothing1_zpsa9158eec.jpg

nothing2_zps5da8b352.gif

Edited by Agent Gibbs